Pickens County Y Race Team

anderson sprint (Read 10 times)

so my knee has been bothering me for a couple weeks and i'm not sure what's up.  today's class at the Y aggravated it and i did a test jog this afternoon and decided i couldn't do the race.  but i am so inspired by Traci's tagline that i'm going to try anyway and see what happens.  i mean what could go wrong?

pschriver

You could end up on crutches and unable to run 100 yards. Good luck to you and everyone else.

tweisner

It's not..." i'm going to try anyway".

It's..."I'm gonna tri and tri and tri anyway".

Hope it goes well for you.  Let us know.

- itri - 

pschriver

How did it go?

How did it go?

my knee held up pretty well!  advil and a couple prayers seemed to do the trick.  Randy got 4th overall, Eric Goodwin got 8th, I got 11th (but it was a very small turnout).  the weather sucked but could have been worse    Peter, I did really good for the first 20 yards of the swim.  then i just got a little slower with each stroke.  Also there was a new YRT guy there.  He did his first triathlon.  I don't recall his name.  he said he joined and got an email from Traci but he had not met any other YRT people until today's race.  Would anyone want to send an update email and reminder about Primeline fast track 5k this coming saturday?  I think Haley is too miserable right now to type and a lot of people don't have facebook to see updates (like me).  Traci i love your new improved tag line!  I did think i was going to die biking in the cold rain.

So who's doing fast track 5k on saturday?  i'm signed up, just hoping i feel up to it.  i'll probably have to rest the knee this week.

this is the new guy (1st tri)

32    6 Marty Fields          46 M    6    4:55   42   48:02   39   52:57   27   25:09   32 1:18:05

tweisner

Yep, Marty  Fields.  I remember him saying he wanted to do a triathlon.  He did great.  As did all of the Y races teamers that participated.  You guys are very dedicated triathletes, I must say.  Congrats on terrific finishes.  I will include the reminder about this Saturdays PrimeLine race in the Race Raves and Accolades email.  Peter, if you want to go ahead and send the results for this months races that would be great.

So this morning on the expresso bike, I got a new inspirational message.  I think it one ups my previous motivational tag line.

- itri - 

pschriver

Traci, I thought you were doing it also.

A bunch of kids from CCES were supposed to do it also. I'm assuming the weather kept them away. 58 total participants is disappointing. I certainly hope we can get more to show at Pickens.

tryingtoimprove1

Yep, Marty  Fields.  I remember him saying he wanted to do a triathlon.  He did great.  As did all of the Y races teamers that participated.  You guys are very dedicated triathletes, I must say.  Congrats on terrific finishes.  I will include the reminder about this Saturdays PrimeLine race in the Race Raves and Accolades email.  Peter, if you want to go ahead and send the results for this months races that would be great.

So this morning on the expresso bike, I got a new inspirational message.  I think it one ups my previous motivational tag line.

Hey! Thank you for all of the encouragement and talk about the new guy.  I have run  about four 5K's and one Tri. I was a competitive swimmer from age 7 to 18. God has blessed me with a healthy body and I am a single dude with two grown daughters so I have a little more time than the average person. So I set some goals for myself. I am registered for the spring race in Easley May 18th so hope to see some more folks there.

Marty, welcome to the forum!  Congrats on your P.R. at the 5k on Saturday.  And just so you know...  making fun of other people and using funny pictures on the forum is highly encouraged.  Even though you haven't met Eric Hunter, feel free to make fun of him at any time.

I don't know if I will be running the Spring Fever, but I will be there to cheer on you and whoever else is there.  It might be hard to beat your time on that course!  but since you have a lot of free time, maybe you can train hard for a couple weeks and pull it off!!  And maybe the sun will come out by then.

tweisner

Marty, have you found another tri to try?  Generally, they are more fun when it is not raining cats and dogs.

- itri - 

tryingtoimprove1

Yes Tracy I have registered for the June 29th Y Dam Tri in Hartwell, Ga. It is slightly longer than the first one. I am doing a lot of brick training, doing a ride then going straight to a 5k or more. Trying to train legs to do the transition. LOL.

How is your training going and what events do you enjoy the most? Training and doing a 40 hour job is tough isn't it. I think I saw you in Pace magazine.

tweisner

Yes Tracy I have registered for the June 29th Y Dam Tri in Hartwell, Ga. It is slightly longer than the first one. I am doing a lot of brick training, doing a ride then going straight to a 5k or more. Trying to train legs to do the transition. LOL.

How is your training going and what events do you enjoy the most? Training and doing a 40 hour job is tough isn't it. I think I saw you in Pace magazine.

Well how is your open water swimming?   I'm doing the Clemson Tri on Saturday.  It will be my third tri but my first with an open water swim. I work part time so that helps with time to train.  I enjoy all races.  Except the mud run.  I won't do that again.  I am Dr. Becker's poster child for injured runners.  That's how I got in Pace mag.

- itri - 

tryingtoimprove1

I have never done an open water swim but I was a competative swimmer from age 7 to 18 so nothing to do with water really scares me. I am weakest on the bike. I just purchased my bike and I have never had extremely strong legs. I did 16 miles yesterday then took a 5 min break then jogged a 5k but slow pace. Yesterday did not seem to be a good day, no speed. I don't know if the YDam Tri in Hartwell, Ga is an open water or pool. It is 750m though. I may come down to Clemson and cheer you on tomorrow.