Pickens County Y Race Team

2/20/2 Duathlon Feb 15, 2014 (Read 11 times)

pschriver

They still have 81 slots left? The weather forecast looks much better. Actually 80 slots now that I entered. The price goes from $55 to $60 after 5 more people register.

My computer crashed at school Thursday when I was trying to sign up. Then today I was trying to register and it said the event was full.  THEN I tried again and it said that 82 spots left so I signed up. All I can figure is I clicked on last years sign up lol . But I am signed up now.

Lori

pschriver

78 spots how. My w/o plan will decrease in volume to reflect this race. I will go back up in volume on Suday

Wonder if my back wheel will be ok to use since i've been using it on the trainer.  Also, when do we check our bikes in at the race? The website didnt say.

Lori

pschriver

You can check the bike in up to about 10 minutes from the start. The start is a little bit of a cluster much like a 5k. Most of the people are fairly serious so you don't have to dodge walkers and strollers but it still takes a minute to get up to speed. You can pick up your packet the day before at Carolina Triathlon from 4-6 or the morning of the race. The trainer is pretty hard on the tires but you should be OK. There should be wear indicators on the tires. If you see belts or slashes I would change it out, but otherwise you should be fine. I wouldn't count on a bike mechanic on site, but if you have any question, you could let the guys at Carolina Tri look at it at packet pick-up. They will probably try and sell an $80 tire but that's life. I will be happy to look at it the morning of the race but my free advise is worth about how much you are paying.

Well I sent them a semi nasty-gram via email but no reply, is there an actual contact bc I just replied to the cancellation email.  I don't know what they were thinking the roads were dry tonight!!!

Lori

pschriver

Since the duathlon is cancelled it would be a good time to get in a bike ride. Following the swim session tomorrow I will do a few loops from the Y along with a short run if anyone is interested

yeah cannon revoked my time off when the race was cancelled

Lori