Pickens County Y Race Team

Swamp rabbit tri (Read 8 times)

Well if it's not better by tuesday I'll have to wait till Greenville tri to smash you.  I can bearly run a twelve min mile at this point due to breathing and I tried swimming but I couldn't even get my arm over my head to pull.

Lori, your injury sounds really bad.  My shoulder hurt for sure... but I didnt have issues breathing.  Could you have cracked a rib?  You better get checked out and stop trying to run/etc.  You need to rest.  And stop coughing too.  And no sneezing or hiccups. or yawning or farting.

I definitely haven't sneezed and I am a walking bubble lol - beginning to think I've cracked something though because if I do cough I can feel something crackle under my collar bone.  I've been able to run slowly with ibuprofen but swimming is definitely out.  I guess I won't be doing srt unless I can bike and jog 

Lori

pschriver

If it's crackle like Rice Crispies it may be a pneumothorax. You really should consider getting a CXR and shoulder. You might even consider seeing a MD.

tweisner

Don't you hospital people have access to all that stuff and diagnose each other all the time?

Membership has it's privileges kinda thing, right?  Maybe not.

Lori, it does sound serious.  Have you had it checked out yet?

- itri - 

Not yet - nurses are the worst patients. But if it's not better on Friday at work I'll try to bum an X-ray off of a doc Smile my md is no longer at our hospital so I'm kinda in a pickle with having a family physician. Plus if it is cracked rib/clavicle/pneumothorax there would be nothing to do but what I'm doing now.

Lori

Not yet - nurses are the worst patients. But if it's not better on Friday at work I'll try to bum an X-ray off of a doc Smile my md is no longer at our hospital so I'm kinda in a pickle with having a family physician. Plus if it is cracked rib/clavicle/pneumothorax there would be nothing to do but what I'm doing now.

I don't know what a pneumothorax is, but running has to be making it worse.  You guys are smarter than me, but I wonder if a partial dislocation/subluxation of the shoulder is a possibility.  Or maybe you have all of the above.  Maybe you should start making a bucket list.

I know right? And the srt is on my bucket list !

Lori

tweisner

When Lori and I are better and we have our YRT tri  kits, I say we take a rode trip and do a race with Josh in Clermont.  Did I spell that right?

- itri - 

pschriver

Am I the only one signed up for Furman?

When is furman?

traci I am in on the road trip idea !!

Lori

mrussell

I cannot make this one,  back Canada.

tweisner

Canada, eh?  You are going to have a Canadian accent. Did you find a race to do up there?  You need a race shirt from Canada.

- itri - 

When Lori and I are better and we have our YRT tri  kits, I say we take a rode trip and do a race with Josh in Clermont.  Did I spell that right?

Ok, I will start stocking up on Advil and muscle relaxers!

tweisner

What's the latest with you, Lori?

Any comments from anyone on the Swamp Rabbit Tri?  How did it go?

Anyone planning on the Greenville Tri?

- itri - 

My X-ray didn't show anything but it still could be a small fracture. (Kudos to dr schriver) I had a rough weekend but today I was able to run longer with minimal pain. I don't know how you can go without running traci bc I nearly had a breakdown Sunday lol.   It makes me extra thankful now that I'm even able to run at all Smile.

I am planning on Greenville tri .  Are you?

Lori