Running to the Beat

Music Lovers Questionnaire (Read 514 times)

Beatin' on the Rock

OK music lovers, tell me this: 1. What motivated you today? 2. What's on your playlist right now? 3. Your favorite running song of all time is...? 1. Today's favorite: "Sugar, We're Goin' Down" by Fall Out Boy Crossed the line just as he sang "...cock it and pull it" I felt like I was FLYING. Big grin 2. Also recommend running to: "E-Pro" and "Girl" by Beck "End of the Line" by the Traveling Wilbury's "Midnight Show" by the Killers "Ray of Light" by Madonna "Music is the Victim" by the Scissor Sisters "You are the One" by Shiny Toy Guns "Tainted Love" by Soft Cell 3. My favorite of all time to run to: "This Modern Love" by Bloc Party
    Be yourself. Those that matter, don't mind. Those that mind, don't matter.
      When I run on the treadmill (which is most of the winter) I'm always listening to music. It's a great time to listen to my favorite music LOUD. Today's favorite: "Inaction" by We Are Scientists Others on my playlist: Fall Out Boy, Panic!, Dropping Daylight - "Brace Yourself" Waking Ashland - "I'm For You" Love Bloc Party too. Almost got to see them but I think the Drummer got hurt when they were to open for Panic! at the Detroit show. Favorite to all time to run to: (tough one), I guess I'd go with "I Have the Skill" by The Sherbs
      Coach Jeanne

Speculum Wrangler

I let my 16yo daughter load up her iPod - I get cranked up running to most anything by Green Day, the Killers, (also) Fall Out Boy, My Chemical Romance, Ok Go. But for a little nostalgia, I'll run to Pink's break-out second album, Mizzundaztood: Get the Party Started, Don't Let Me Get Me, Respect, etc. The first CD I bought for my first CD Walkman the year I started running.

Jeanne

Beatin' on the Rock

Skidders: I will check out all your songs; always looking for new inspiration/entertainment. Jeanne! Pink is well represented in my run tunes; "Trouble", "U and UR Hand" and " 18 Wheeler" are good cadence for me. She is so intense; great lyrics, an angry storyteller... the BAD girl I am in my dreams. Evil grin I have to say that - what I call: Angry Girl Music - makes for a really good run. Angry boy music, too, for that matter. Blush

...---...

Just a few in my playlist right now: Mixed Bizness - Beck Rock the Cazbah - The Clash Boys Don't Cry - The Cure Horse Pills - Dandy Warhols A Girl Like You - Edwyn COllins Mirror in the Bathroom - English Beat I Ran - Flock of Seagulls American Idiot - Green Day Here is Goes Again - OK GO Don't Do Me Like That - Tom Petty & Heartbreakers Elevation - U2

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Pink also rocks on my playlists as well. She's got such a powerful voice and hilarious lyrics. Forgot to mention: Saga - "On the Loose" this song I played before all my track and CC meets back in the day, which was a few days ago now... 25th reunion this year! Runner 67, love Mirror in the Bathroom too. Rock on, run on ya'll...
              Coach Jeanne

Speculum Wrangler

Skidders: Saga?! OMG! I was soooo into them in the early 80's - still have 3-4 of their albums in a box somewhere in the basement. My 16yo daughter wears my old black concert T.

Jeanne

Mum2girls, You saw Saga! Now I'm seriously jealous. I remember camping in canada once with a buddy and we really impressed some canadians with our knowledge of somewhat obscure canadian bands, including Saga (plus my buddy could name all the canadian providences!) Rocked out to Rhythm Corps tonight while logging 4 miles.

...---...

... still have 3-4 of their albums in a box somewhere in the basement.
                    LOL, I still have a vinyl of them too.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Coach Jeanne

Speculum Wrangler

Looks like we need to start a Saga Fan Club user group...

Jeanne

Beatin' on the Rock

Looks like we need to start a Saga Fan Club user group...
                        Who the heck is SAGA??? I'm going to iTunes right now...

Beatin' on the Rock

OH! I've heard them!! Back in the 80's, I think I was more into Zeppelin, Van Halen, Aerosmith, Pink Floyd and those guys. Time to learn some new moves! Smile
                            i'm faster with my music (or so it seems) Lots of stuff from Muse to Dire Straits Anything by the band The Sword. (may know them from guitar hero Freya)

PR's
                            800: 2:38|1600: 5:18|3200: 11:55|3 mile:19:07