RA Running Game 2021

Week 23 All Star Week/Break Week Highlights (Read 40 times)

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Total mileage: 

Red - 2113.21 mi 704.41 miles

Blue - 2238.43 mi 746.41 miles

ETA: Totals are wrong but result is correct. Asking Eric to look into the numbers.

Blue Wins! All Run & Games, QuaranTeam, Kicking Asphalt and Miles of Smiles get a 5% bonus which can be used through the quarter finals. It is not eligible for teams to use in the FINAL FOUR in playoffs. The button will appear on the MyTeam page. Once you hit the button, it can not be undone. With great power, great responsibility, etc etc etc. 

Most Miles Run by All-Star Runner

B a d g e r (Blue/QT) 121.4 miles

dpschumacher (Red/RTR) 90.1 miles

Aaron Heath (Blue/AR&G) 86.41 miles

Most Time Spent Running By All-Star Runner

B a d g e r (Blue/QT) 21:11:17

Aaron Heath (Blue/AR&G)  13:05:30

TrailProf (Blue/MOS) 12:29:22

Half Crazy K 2.0 (Blue/QT) 12:24:00

Alexander R (Blue/KA) 12:20:40

* Three All-Stars were over 200% to their weekly goal.

* Seven All-Stars were between 150% and 200% to their weekly goal.

* Seventeen of twenty-four runners ran more than 50 miles this week.

* All-Stars were given the option to go on IR for one week (week 24) without qualifying as a thank you and to give them a rest week without hurting their teams. At this point, six of twenty-four All-Stars opted to take this IR/Rest Week.

* Kudos,  b a d g e r, on your 32.2 mile race! Smile

For those of you who weren't selected as All-Stars, I hope you enjoyed your rest week if you needed it. Week 24 is regular competition.

And as always, please feel free to share any successes or wins from the week, whether you ran for All-Stars or not. Smile

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

stealth.rnr

She laughs at me......

Since the bonus will probably be used for a playoff match, do not press the button until you are looking at the team page week you want the bonus applied to.

Do not press that button while looking at any other week. The week you are looking at is the week the bonus is applied to. We will not ask Eric to fix any button pressing errors.

DO NOT PRESS THAT BUTTON.

dpschumacher

3 months til Masters

I ran a 16:34 5k on Memorial Day after 96 100 100 98 mile weeks.  Last week was my first cut down toward my taper. Grandma's marathon is in 10 days from now.

2023 Goals

Marathon Sub 2:37 (CIM) 2:41:18

10k Sub 35:00 (Victory 10k 34:19)

5k Sub 16:00 (Hot Dash 5k in March (16:48), Brian Kraft in May (16:20), Twilight 5000 in July and August (16:20/16:25 Both heat index 102-103F)

Sub 1:16 Half Marathon  City of Lakes Half Marathon 1:15:47)

Sub 56:30 in 10 mile (Twin Cities 10 mile, Canceled due to weather, 56:35 as a workout)

2024 Goals

Sub 2:37 Marathon

Sub 1:15 Half

Sub 34 10k

Sub 16 5k

hswiley

I ran a 16:34 5k on Memorial Day after 96 100 100 98 mile weeks.  Last week was my first cut down toward my taper. Grandma's marathon is in 10 days from now.

So, 90 miles in a “cut down” week … that’s amazing!!!

Awesome time in the 5K - Best of luck in achieving your goal (2:40) in the marathon.

dpschumacher

3 months til Masters

Low 70s this week and less next week

2023 Goals

Marathon Sub 2:37 (CIM) 2:41:18

10k Sub 35:00 (Victory 10k 34:19)

5k Sub 16:00 (Hot Dash 5k in March (16:48), Brian Kraft in May (16:20), Twilight 5000 in July and August (16:20/16:25 Both heat index 102-103F)

Sub 1:16 Half Marathon  City of Lakes Half Marathon 1:15:47)

Sub 56:30 in 10 mile (Twin Cities 10 mile, Canceled due to weather, 56:35 as a workout)

2024 Goals

Sub 2:37 Marathon

Sub 1:15 Half

Sub 34 10k

Sub 16 5k

Duke of the Internet

I can’t wait to see how you do.  You are going to kill it!

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

We expect a full race report after Grandma's. Smile

Half Fanatic #9292. 

DavePNW

Since the bonus will probably be used for a playoff match, do not press the button until you are looking at the team page week you want the bonus applied to.

Do not press that button while looking at any other week. The week you are looking at is the week the bonus is applied to. We will not ask Eric to fix any button pressing errors.

DO NOT PRESS THAT BUTTON.

Dave

DavePNW

Hey, I ran a real live in-person marathon on Sunday! And...I tanked it. I was going for 3:20, but (insert excuses here), and I ran an 11 minute positive split to finish around 3:31. But it was a small race so I won my AG! And still a BQ.

Dave

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Dave, only you could win an AG and say you tanked it in the same sentence. Besides, did you consider that you could be out of practice with running with other people and how you manage your own pace in a crowd? I suspect many of us have lost some of the subtle nuances we've learned in races over the years without even realizing it. I think it will take a bit of time to get used to it again.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

DavePNW

Dave, only you could win an AG and say you tanked it in the same sentence. Besides, did you consider that you could be out of practice with running with other people and how you manage your own pace in a crowd? I suspect many of us have lost some of the subtle nuances we've learned in races over the years without even realizing it. I think it will take a bit of time to get used to it again.

There wasn't much in the way of crowds, but there's definitely something to be said for being out of practice racing.

Dave

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Keep in mind I say crowds as someone who has run by myself for the majority of COVID with the occasional run with my DH or daughter. I think 10 people would feel like a crowd.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Aaron Heath

Congrats on finally running an in-person marathon Dave!

TammyinGP

Nice work Dave! that's great!

I also had a real in-person race this past Saturday. A trail race and we are seeing those resume moreso than road races. Small-ish race down in the Redwoods. I ran the 30k distance. almost 4300 ft gain with a time of 4:15 (or maybe it was 4:16?), either way it was good enough for 3/7 AG in the 50-59 group. 
                              and I was really glad my miles didn't count last week because I was only 1 mile shy of green and felt no pressure to run that extra mile! 

Tammy

Pain is my friend

Awesome job everyone the participated in the all stars. You rocked it.

ATY 24   141.445 2019 1st

Bear 100 22:08 2021 

Jackpot 100 Feb 14:59 - 5th

Pulse endurance 48 hr 175.3 miles

Bonnevile Backyard ultra 

Ute 100 Aug

24 hour loop race?