RA Running Game 2023

The finals of 2023 (Read 54 times)

Pain is my friend

The 2023 Finals are set to start tomorrow. The Gogos will take on Pace Oddities. As we all know there was a tie in the semifinals. We are still waiting to hear back from the almighty game creator AKA "Eric" for how the tie was decided. I am sorry that we don't have an answer at this time. I know many numbers lead to why Forgetaboutit should have won the semifinals and Others that lead to why Pace Oddities won. But the Game codding said Pace Oddities won and we can't change it now. Let's all give them our support and wish them luck in the finals.

I would like to congratulate The Gogos for a well played Semifinals. I knew if I could have run 90-100 miles that week we could have beat them.  Just didn't happen. The Game isn't about what one person can do. My team gave it our all and we worked together.

Don't forget to sign up for next year's game. We still need a few more to make the game work. If we don't get enough sign-ups the game won't work and we won't have a game next year.  I know there is some confusion about when sign-ups end. One place says one thing and another a different date. Sign-ups end Monday the 11th at 11:59 pm. The game will not let anyone in after that date. Don't wait till the last minute to sign up. 2024 sign up

Happy running,

Krash

ATY 24   141.445 2019 1st

Bear 100 22:08 2021 

Jackpot 100 Feb 14:59 - 5th

Pulse endurance 48 hr 175.3 miles

Bonnevile Backyard ultra 

Ute 100 Aug

24 hour loop race?

theyapper

On the road again...

Just wanted to say thanks to the game admins for trying to get us some answers. There's a first time for everything, and if we do have the game next year, I sure hope there will be communication about how ties are decided. I'm not sure our team (Fourgetaboutit) would have pulled it out, but knowing how that stuff gets determined sure does help with the team strategizing.

At any rate, it was a great year even though the end of it seemed very wonky. Hope the two remaining teams have a great finals. Be sure to put an * beside the winning team's name. 

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

I sure hope there will be communication about how ties are decided. I'm not sure our team (Fourgetaboutit) would have pulled it out, but knowing how that stuff gets determined sure does help with the team strategizing.

We will get an answer. Please just have patience. Eric is a busy guy and this game isn't his main job so he'll dig into it and find the answer when he has time to do so. The admin just don't have access to that back end of the game. Thank you for your understanding.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

aplodder

Susan

I would like to congratulate The Gogos for a well played Semifinals. I knew if I could have run 90-100 miles that week we could have beat them.  Just didn't happen. The Game isn't about what one person can do. My team gave it our all and we worked together.

Thank you.  Give 'em Gel gave us a tough fight.   The Gogos' win was a team effort as well.

Running Problem

Problem Child

link to answer?

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 53.37 

5k18:xx | Marathon 2:55:22

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

This is the answer directly from Eric:  The game has a concept of a home field advantage. In case of a tie, the home team gets the win. The playoffs are similar to playoffs in professional sports. The best team is matched with the worst, and so on. The home team is the team on the right side (i.e. Visitor vs Home).

Thank you for your patience. In all the years of this game, this was the first tie. It happens rarely. Great work by both teams to force this tie-breaker.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

TimBurns

Thanks Meg...that makes a lot of sense.