RA Running Game 2023

Week 2 of Semi final Awesoments (Read 49 times)

Pain is my friend

5K: DavePNW (UP) 19:19

10k: --

Half: --

Full: DavePNW (UP) 3:49.11

Not often do you see the same person take 2 of the race points in the same week on 2 different race distances on different days.

Ultra: ????

Most Time Running

AXes (Indv) 14:17:25

aplodder (TG) 14:00.43

Poppy ott (TG) 12:31:46

krash (GeG) 11:59:47

Most Miles Run

AXes (Indv) 87.33

krash (GeG) 75.3

aplodder (TG) 75.03

* All  teams were 100% or better of the team mileage goal. The top team was The The Gogos with an 147.28%

* 2 teams had race miles.

* 3 of 4 teams were 80% or better in the green. The top teams are Pace Oddities with 100%.

* 3 runner were over 150% of individual weekly goal and 2 runners were over 250%.

* 5 runners ran their most miles in one week.

Forgetaboutit 21 vs. Pace Oddities 15

Give 'em Gel 12 vs The Gogos 21

That is end of week 2 of the semi finals. It still looks to close to call a winner.

It was awesome to see so many races this last week. Lots of turkey trots and even a sleigh bell trot.

ATY 24   141.445 2019 1st

Bear 100 22:08 2021 

Jackpot 100 Feb 14:59 - 5th

Pulse endurance 48 hr 175.3 miles

Bonnevile Backyard ultra 

Ute 100 Aug

24 hour loop race?

Half Crazy K 2.0

If it comes to it, how are ties broken?

DavePNW

5K: DavePNW (UP) 19:19

10k: --

Half: --

Full: DavePNW (UP) 3:49.11

Not often do you see the same person take 2 of the race points in the same week on 2 different race distances on different days.

Easier than doing them on the same day! The 5k was a Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving; it was a PR, although on a short course. The other was on Sunday, pacing 3:50 at the Seattle Marathon.

Dave

zebano

uff-da. That's an impressive pacing job after a very good 5k. Well done Dave.

1600 - 5:23 (2018), 5k - 19:33 (2018), 10k - 41:20 (2021), half - 1:38:57 (2018), Marathon - 3:37:17 (2018)

nolancaster

If it comes to it, how are ties broken?

I don't know what the tiebreaker was, but it looks like Pace Oddities won it somehow.

theyapper

On the road again...

I don't know what the tiebreaker was, but it looks like Pace Oddities won it somehow.

As a member of the team that lost the tiebreaker, I'd sure like to know what it was.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

TimBurns

Has there been a tiebreaker?  By my calculations, both teams are at 28 points.

Pain is my friend

Yes a tie has accrued for the first time that I know of. Admin are looking in to it. We hope to get back to you soon.

As a member of the team that lost the tiebreaker, I'd sure like to know what it was.

ATY 24   141.445 2019 1st

Bear 100 22:08 2021 

Jackpot 100 Feb 14:59 - 5th

Pulse endurance 48 hr 175.3 miles

Bonnevile Backyard ultra 

Ute 100 Aug

24 hour loop race?

Running Problem

Problem Child

As a member of the team that won the tie breaker, I'd sure like to know what it was also.

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 53.37 

5k18:xx | Marathon 2:55:22

theyapper

On the road again...

As a member of the team that won the tie breaker, I'd sure like to know what it was also.

No doubt. However it turns out, gosh, that was a great semifinal matchup!

I had assumed the tiebreaker would be actual head-to-head between the two teams throughout the year, but I guess not because we were 6-3 in that category. 🤷🏼‍♂️

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

TimBurns

Thanks so much.  Oh, the joys of the unexplored!  Just when you think you've seen it all, here comes a new wrench in the works.  

Yes a tie has accrued for the first time that I know of. Admin are looking in to it. We hope to get back to you soon.

Half Crazy K 2.0

No doubt. However it turns out, gosh, that was a great semifinal matchup!

I had assumed the tiebreaker would be actual head-to-head between the two teams throughout the year, but I guess not because we were 6-3 in that category. 🤷🏼‍♂️

I was expecting highest combined % (which was you guys). In addition to asking here, I had sent a message to the admins. We actually knew there was a pretty good chance of the tie happening, just didn't want to totally tip our hand and explain why.

Anonymous Guest

I was expecting highest combined % (which was you guys). In addition to asking here, I had sent a message to the admins. We actually knew there was a pretty good chance of the tie happening, just didn't want to totally tip our hand and explain why.

We did not expect a guy that raced JFK two week prior would throw down a 15.5 hour week, that's for sure! Kudos to Stevepf on that. We were hoping Mike's marathon point would give us the edge, although your question on tie breakers did have me nervous (with good reason, it turns out).

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Half Crazy K 2.0

We did not expect a guy that raced JFK two week prior would throw down a 15.5 hour week, that's for sure! Kudos to Stevepf on that. We were hoping Mike's marathon point would give us the edge, although your question on tie breakers did have me nervous (with good reason, it turns out).

We actually were figuring that point going to you all in our napkin calculations.

DavePNW

As an impartial observer - me too!

Dave