Thyroid Q and A or Running Hot and Cold

1

What would you do? (Read 357 times)

    I'm a little ticked about the lack of response that I got from my endo regarding the drop in my T3 levels. She wanted to wait and discuss them with me at my next appointment..11/19. The problem is that I leave 11/20 - so even if she approved a dose increase at that time - it will be too late to do me any good as far as the marathon goes. I've been thinking about cancelling my appointment and just waiting till the next one in January to discuss it with her, I'll have another set of labs by then, and we can see if I need a dose increase, or if my levels come back up with cutting back on running. If we have a major disagreement, it will likely upset me and I don't want to get upset right before I leave...on the other hand, everything I want to discuss with her is fresh in my mind right now, and might not be come January. If the drop is related to training intensity, I don't want to have to go through this again when I bump up my training cycle next year. What would you do?

    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)




    Go With The Flow
    Thyroid Support Group

      That's a tough call Cheryl. If you stressed to her how much you want to see her before your appt and she said no there's not much you can do in terms of feeling better before the race. In that case I'd almost wait till the next appt and your new labs to see how your numbers change with less running. Can you write down all of your thoughts/questions/comments now so you remember what you wanted to talk about at the later appt? That way if your numbers go back up you can discuss ways to avoid this happening again next year and if they don't then at least you know it isn't all related to running. Good luck and lots of hugs.


      Driver, Runner, Bestie

        Cheryl: Shaunna made some good points. I think at this point, a change in dosage made on 11/19 is not going to effect your marathon. If you do have a major disagreement, then that will surely be fresh in your head, when you really need to be thinking of the race.
          Yeah, I think that is what I am going to do. Write up all my "points", and cancel the appointment. I want nothing but positive energy going forward. It's already a load off my mind now that I've decided. Thanks for the input Smile

          Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)




          Go With The Flow
          Thyroid Support Group

            Just in... reading your discussion... I agree with Shauna and Kate and I think your plan is a wise one...proven by the fact that you feel better already and are not so distressed about it.

            Use your momentum...keep going.  You know you can make it.