Trailer Trash

Rock You Like a Hurricane Thursdailies (Read 18 times)

Bert-o

I lost my rama

4 on easy trail planned for tonight.

QOTD:  Two (or three) part question.  What was the last rock n' roll concert you went to?  If you can't remember, then favorite?  If not rock, last favorite concert?

Last true rock concert was Metallica and Guns n' Roses together at Giant Stadium way way back in the day.  I prefer smaller venues lately, but DW and I saw Adele when she was just starting to get popular in a fairly small concert hall.  It was her 20th birthday.  That was quite the performance.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

AT-runner

Tim

Watch said 8.2 miles, but it felt longer. Foggy and humid with light drizzle. My breathing was harder than it should have been, partly because I did the long downhill section first and had a big rocky climb near the end of the run.  I always like running in the fog, but the heavy air was tough for me today.

Gatsby - nice PR. Congrats.

Bert - what are you planning to run next? Adele can really sing.

QOTD:  I think our last "Rock" concert was Eric Clapton (2 years ago).  Last year we saw Peter and Paul (RIP, Mary) and they were great, but that was a Folk concert.  Our next one is Sunday when we see David Crosby here in Gettysburg at our historic theater.  Then we're going to see Paul Simon in Philly in 2 weeks.

Best concert I've ever been to was Clapton and BB King. The energy they had was awesome.  Also was lucky to see BB King with Peter Frampton, but BB was slowing down by then and not quite the same level as with Clapton years earlier.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

XtremeTaper

I plan to take a rest day today, walk the dogs, and mow the yard, perhaps shag some golf balls. Several of these activities are weather rain/related. I guess if it's raining after work I will go run/trog with the Lady.

Sort of a zombie run/trog last night. Took the Lady over to Green Lane, we did 5 miles on the south side of the lake. The best way to describe what this run felt like is to put in terms of how one feels towards the late stages of a 100k or 100 mile race when you are just trying to hold it together, with running that is barely faster then walking then suddenly shifts into a walk all on it's own. It was sort of funny in a way. I did have some decent jogging intervals in there at least. It was all good. The Lady was being putzy anyways and the trails were a sloppy muddy mess in most places.

QOTD: Big concerts, it would have to be either the Rolling Stones or Paul McCartney at the Wachovia now Wells Fargo Center around 2005. Not sure which was most recent. Speaking of "Rock you like a hurricane", I saw Scorpions 35 years ago at the US Festival Heavy Metal Day in CA.

Gatsby - Well done on the PR!! I have met one of the axe murderers. Tessa, had an FE run with her and others at Valley Forge a year ago. Small world.

Warden - Well done on the adventure!! I was following like others and when I saw your destination looked to be campground/spot was sure you had somehow also arranged beer for your arrival.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

laying low (and eating)    going through pics and I'll post a trip report later

qotd: kind of rock, Bonnie Raitt in Bozeman, last year- pretty good show- I'm just crowd aversive, so I don't go unless my wife drags me; she's got tickets this summer to Steeley Dan and Doobie Brothers- thankfully I'm off the hook and she's going with a girl friend

many (many) years ago (1979) I work a Van Halen concert as security- they gave us a t-shirt that said Van Halen Security and ear plugs- wish I still had that t-shirt, would be worth some $!

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

AT-runner

Tim

If Bigfoot was around, today would have been the kind of day to have run into him, or maybe Adrienne Barbeau.

Daydreamer1

Worked last night . No run since Sunday, or something like that.  Planning on running 4-7 mile on the TM tonight while DW is at Weight Watchers meeting.   Lifting once I get home. Time for my weekly heavy workout.

Getting ready to head out to build a cage for my blueberries. Fully expecting to get dive bombed by the birds and have the squirrels throwing nuts at me while I'm building it.

Warden - Glad to see you made it out OK.

QOTD: Never.  Last concert of note was the Oak Ridge Boys a few months ago. They may be in the 68-80 range but they can still sing.  Even have some pretty good new stuff.

Yesterday's QOTD:  DS is moving back in tonight.  Lease expires tonight at midnight.  He'll be home now until the 26th of June then he'll head to Texas for more training until November then he'll be back in with us.  Could be a long 26 days. This isn't like DD "living" with us because she is in the apartment. DS will be in the main house. Not sure 2100 sq feet can handle three adults .

Daydreamer1

If Bigfoot was around, today would have been the kind of day to have run into him, or maybe Adrienne Barbeau.

Darn, I knew I should have worked last night. That looks like the perfect time and place to have went lurking with my axe .

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I was up partying till 11:30 and had plans to me the young one for 9 miles at 6 am. Got up and looked at my phone...no cancelation text (which young one does often) so sent her a still meeting and she was too tired.   So I climbed back in bed.   No run.

QOTD:  Ummm Eric Church not rock and roll but a great concert. Was in the bullpen.   Favorites would be the Jimmy Buffets concerts....well it least the parties in the parking lots.  My last rock was Incubus.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Queen of Nothing

Sue

WOW  I want to be there now...

Sandy-2

Got home a little late last night (traffic delay due to an accident then while I was taking a detour to get around it there was a busted blinking traffic light - painful), so I bagged last night's run.  So tonight I HAVE to run no matter what, probably do 5 or 6 mi.  It'll be just as hot though.

AT, for some reason I also like running in gloomy stuff, which is good because I get a lot of that early morning humid gloomy stuff around here. Nice photo.

qotd: The Rolling Stones, London, last week.  My favorite was a Neil Young show in NYC a while back, he was doing acoustic stuff though.  Actually any of the various Neil shows (solo, Crazy Horse, CSNY, SY, etc.) that I've seen would be my fav.   

tbd.

Gator eye

Hi all, got in a rest day. Got tomorrow off work, should be able to get a few in

QOTd: 1983 (or maybe it was 84) Rush, grace under pressure concert. After it was over I told myself never again. And still haven't

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Cool to read everyone's responses!

AT - The Swamp Thing Adrienne Barbeau or Cannonball Run  Adrienne Barbeau?   Right now, I'm on my team's all star list for next week, so I'm plotting how many miles I can rack up.  And there's the Forbidden Forest 30 hour in CT at the end of June.  Might be a chance at a little redemption.  Mulling it over.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

AT-runner

Tim

AT - The Swamp Thing Adrienne Barbeau or Cannonball Run  Adrienne Barbeau?   Right now, I'm on my team's all star list for next week, so I'm plotting how many miles I can rack up.  And there's the Forbidden Forest 30 hour in CT at the end of June.  Might be a chance at a little redemption.  Mulling it over.

Adrienne Barbeau was in the 1980 John Carpenter classic,  "The Fog".  Also starring Jamie Lee Curtis and her mom, Janet Leigh.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

AT: Nice pic! I love running in such gloomy fog.

No run yet, maybe a few miles later in the evening.

QOTD: Best concert: Eric Clapton 1991 in Chicago. Last concert: DS's band concert - yep, 1st year of band. 

Run for fun.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

You are up against my team member...break a leg.