Trailer Trash

What? It's Wednesday already? (Read 37 times)

Birdwell

Morning folks! Got in 4 miles today. I did one of my known routes that I use as an "indicator" run so I can gauge my fitness level.

(Unsolicited advice of the day: if you take a break from running to deal with injuries, don't explore the ice cream aisle for new flavors on a weekly basis. Favorite flavor discovery? Tilamook's white chocolate raspberry swirl)

my fitness level has dropped a bit, but that's to be expected. It should (hopefully) come back pretty quick.

I'm back on the healthy eating train now too.

Hope everyone has a great day!

QOTD: pass

runtraildc

Morning all!  Got in 5 last night, a little shorter than planned, but the legs were tired.  Today will be a rest day, with yoga after work.  It's been a while and I'm preparing myself for pain and a bit of what birdwell experienced- but on the order of loss of flexibility and balance.

birdwell-- isn't ice cream (and beer) the reason we run?  Paring back eating it?  I guess this is a lesser known side effect of injuries Joking

qotd:  I've got nothing, either.  All the good ones come to me on the trails, not at my desk....

Hi all,

Got in 6 miles last night at around 9 PM. Sometimes I like changing things up so I ate dinner early, took a long nap, then went out for my run.

Tonight I'll run another 6-7. Really enjoying the freedom to run as much as I please lately without such a packed schedule.

QOTD: Do you ever run later in the evening, after dinner time? Do you enjoy it?   I find that I do like later runs but often have a harder time falling asleep afterwards.

AT-runner

Tim

Morning trailers.  Going on a Beer Run tonight.  Starting at a craft brewery in town and 4 miles around a neighborhood then back to brewery.  Looks like 20-25 runners, so should make running on the road a bit easier.  I was thinking of showing up with my hydration pack but decided against it.

QOTD:  Love night running, especially right near sunset  If I'm going out after dinner, I eat something light, otherwise I'll end up on the couch.  I do have some trouble falling to sleep after a night run.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

another run (5-ish miles) w/ the headlamps, fun to see the moon on one side of the mountain and the sun coming up on the other

qotd:  I've been running late evenings the last couple of weeks, it's been OK-a little tough to run w/ a big meal in my belly and w/ the days getting shorter I was running out of daylight- no trouble sleeping though; I've been getting up in the dark w/ a headlamp and that feels a little more "natural"

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

An hour of running at the park this morning...moon on one side and sun coming up the other side.  Gorgeous.

all I have to say is you cannot eat too much ice cream!

QOTD: I used to run primarily at night (between 8 and 10:30pm) and I didn't usually have issues falling asleep as a result of the running.  Maybe the shower after helped me to calm down.  Now my nights are devoted to school work after the kids are in bed.  That is the main reason I turned to morning running.  I would prefer night running but if I tried to do school work in the morning, I would never stay awake.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

muppy

5 or so later on today

QOTD Since my son needs to be picked up  at 10:15 from work, I run on a  path for an hour or so, then get him. It's a bike type path, pretty dark, yet I'm the only one that wears a head lamp. Till I get home get a shower and stretch, I fall asleep pretty fast.

jonferg67

Endless trails

Morning everyone,

Birdwell: Glad to hear you're back at it, I agree that it won't take long to get back in shape.

5 miles on the trails this morning with my new pair of NB 1010's. I'm not sure why I've been
                  dicking around w/ Asics and Brooks 
                  for trail shoes, New Balance seems to have a better handle

on it. 

QOTD: I'm an after-work runner in the winter, I haven't noticed any problems getting to sleep.

Sometimes its tough to get motivated after the work day though.

Brian Runner

Another group run night for the local club. On Wed evenings I host a beginner & kids friendly trail run on the local trails. Usually about an hour of running after which any faster / more experienced runners will usually go back into tack some extra on.

My weekday running has been a bit lazy recently (mostly club group runs) as I put a bigger focus on the weekend long run in preparation for The Green Monster 50k in mid October.

Occasional Runner

About 6 miles in the Wisconsin woods this morning. I ran the Nasty Goat trail so I could test my recovery. I know it was a risky move, but it turned out ok.

QOTD: Almost never.

Low_O2

My run with the family was cut short last night to 2.7 miles due to a thunderstorm. Would usually just keep going, but wasn't sure it was a good idea while pushing DS in the stroller. He is pretty calm about things, but didn't want him to freak out and have to run with a screaming baby through the rain. Don't want someone to call child protective services on me... Smile

QOTD: Yes, all my weekday runs are in the evening with about half being after dinner. It is really hit or miss if I enjoy it. If I can get out on the trails I like running through the sunset and watching day change to night. But usually I am stuck to the streets around home which is not often enjoyable.

dpc3

Got an early 6 mile run in and now I have some pickling and work to do.

QOTD: Occasionally will run early evening with a buddy but almost all my runs are before most folks are up especially my kids.

Sandy-2

I may do a few miles after work today, but more likely a SRD is in my future.  I will go to the company gym at lunch for some core training and a lot of stretching.  Just taking things slow at the moment.

qotd: I have run in the evening after dinner a few times, but I need to make sure my stomach isn't too full and I agree sometimes it is harder to fall asleep afterwards.

tbd.

AT-runner

Tim

My run with the family was cut short last night to 2.7 miles due to a thunderstorm. Would usually just keep going, but wasn't sure it was a good idea while pushing DS in the stroller. He is pretty calm about things, but didn't want him to freak out and have to run with a screaming baby through the rain. Don't want someone to call child protective services on me... Smile

When I started reading this, I thought "why stop for a thunderstorm", since my all my kids are consenting adults.  Then I got to the stroller part, and thought good call.  Somebody wold have gotten a video of you for sure and we'd see you on some talking wallpaper show like Nancy Grace.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

runtraildc

Got an early 6 mile run in and now I have some pickling and work to do.

Pickling?  What kind of pickles?  Any recipes to share?