Trailer Trash

The Flying Weekender (Read 20 times)

Sandy-2

SRD for me today, finally flying home from my trip.  I kept up the running pretty well, but no long runs this time.  But then again I’m doing a cutback week (mini taper?) for my run next weekend.  Next weekend is a sort of training run so not doing a ‘full taper’.

But the main thing for next weekend’s run is we’re hoping to get that cool pink-and-purple-possums-riding-unicorns-with-rainbows-flames-and-lightning-bolts finishing buckle.... 

qotd:  Ever enter a race mainly for the swag?  I’d say we entered Possums Revenge for the buckle.  Hope it works out.  We also used to do a local “Sunmart Trail Run” (50 mi or 50k) because they gave away nice bags filled with shirts, hats, gloves, water bottles, etc.  The race has been gone for years now but every once in a while I still see folks at runs with “Sunmart” swag.

By the way dhuff, weather doesn’t look too bad...... so far.  Highs in the mid-80s and lows about 70..   It could be worse...

tbd.

dhuffman63

Trails

Starting to gather up what I'll take next weekend. I want to get on the road early so need most packed in the car by Thursday. I've never driven this far alone so it's kind of exciting.

Word: yes I did the Angry Jack 50k to get the sign that looks like a regulation speed sign. I like to pick races for the names...Possums is one. I want to do Lean Horse and a whole bunch of others.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Too is Saturday and I guess everyday will be Saturday for me  hmm now what  No run today and long run tomorrow.  I will be posting via ipad from here on out so expect lot’s if typos since it’s so hard to see this little type.  My next goal is to learn how to put pictures in RA, I can cut and paste from FB when I am on the computer but not  on the ipad.

qotd:  I have not yet, but that possum belt is so cool, if I lived in Texas I would definitely do it.  Zion has a very nice 100 buckle, square normal size light gold with flowers.  It made me want to sign up for it.  

Poor AT and misses are on a merry go round today for at keast 6 hours 

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I think that's next weekend, 20 miler today for AT.

Poor AT and misses are on a merry go round today for at keast 6 hours 

SRD today.  Think we're doing a trail 20 tomorrow, but I need to think of a section that won't be a mudfest.

Next week I'm hosting a 50k Fat Ass at the park where we used to do our 24hr run.  Have a few idiots planning on coming. Anyone in the area and wants to run around a 1.55 mile loop for up to 20 laps, stop by Norlo Park in Fayettsville, PA.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

nothing yesterday- rained all day and cold- low 40's, snowed overnight 

moisture is letting up and will get out for some miles w/ Tiny E later

qotd: I've gotten some decent high tech shirts and other neat little things, but never entered a race for the swag Smile

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

runtraildc

Probably no run today.  Busy with other stuff (see below). If all goes well, this little guy will be ours soon.

qotd: A group of friends and I run a race every fall for the camping, beer and good swag.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

4.2 miles over gently rolling hills with no walk breaks, quads beat up after that

qotd:  never entered a race for sway; generally don't pay attention to that until it's handed to me at packet pickup or after the race.  Remember I'm of the generation that remembers when the only runners to get anything were the top finishers.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                      05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

AT-runner

Tim

Probably no run today.  Busy with other stuff (see below). If all goes well, this little guy will be ours soon.

DC - Beautiful!  Good luck with the adoption.  I'm sure waiting is hardest part.

20 miler planned but think we were a bit short (probably 18+).  Mixed it up and then the watch went out, so not sure of time or distance.  Had some stomach issues starting last night, and it didn't improve, so early on I diverted from planned route and then when I realized I wasn't going to throw up or crap my shorts (both felt possible at different times) I added back in some miles.  Warm and muggy out there today, but trails were not muddy.

Sue - yep, next week is our circular fun run.

QOTD:  no, but have gotten some nice swag.  Annapolis RR's used to have some great stuff for their races, and Blue Cruise has some good giveaways.  Zippered hooded jacket we got at Trailfest in Utah a few years ago is really comfortable and I wear it around the house all the time.  I often wear an old JFK50 hat that fits really nice.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Fingers crossed so cute....it will be so hard if you didn’t get him.  I am sure yoy are already in life ve

qotd: A group of friends and I run a race every fall for the camping, beer and good swag.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

11-ish miles (and four steep climbs/descents) for Tiny E and I, a light snow almost the entire route- it wasn't sticking at all, but was pretty Smile

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

NorthernHarrier

A road marathon is in the books. 1st one since 1999. Probably the last one too. Mind numbing and robotic. My weather was dismal with 39F and a steady, cold rain. Got back to my camp freezing and it was still raining so I looked at my watch and thought if I can get this camp taken down and thrown in the car sopping wet I can catch the 3:30 ferry knowing that my cabin was 2 hours from the ferry dock. So I'm having an old fashion right now(heavy on the bourbon) with a furnace running. About to hop in the shower.  It's OK, you can call me a candy-ass.

Probably won't be able to post over the next two and a half weeks. Kind of a whirlwind with a trip to Ontario and as soon as I get back we head to Utah and bring back DD's springer while they live in an airBNB as their house gets finished. May have their pup for about 6 weeks. Might have time for a little mountain running out there depending on at what elevation the snow is and time.

runtrail--that pup is adorable. Enjoy!

QOTD--Nope, but I have not entered a couple because of real crappy swag.  i.e. arm panties, etc.

AT-runner

Tim

A road marathon is in the books. 1st one since 1999. Probably the last one too. Mind numbing and robotic. My weather was dismal with 39F and a steady, cold rain. Got back to my camp freezing and it was still raining so I looked at my watch and thought if I can get this camp taken down and thrown in the car sopping wet I can catch the 3:30 ferry knowing that my cabin was 2 hours from the ferry dock. So I'm having an old fashion right now(heavy on the bourbon) with a furnace running. About to hop in the shower.  It's OK, you can call me a candy-ass.

We've done the soaked while camping in the cold. Not fun at all. Nice fire and a drink sounds like a win. Congratulations on your Road Marathon Retirement. I doubt I'll ever do another one. Been since 2004 for me.

8 easy flat trail miles planned for today. Muggy and warm out. Hopefully we'll beat the thunderstorms.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Daydreamer1

Yesterday was day #15 for getting in some type of dedicated walking or biking.  Decided to see how long of a stretch I could go for. I've started counting my walking at work if I can get in at least two miles of dedicated walking and I'm only counting stuff that gets my heart rate up and gets me sweating.  Got in 2.1 miles yesterday. Should have been about 4 miles but our unillustrious management team had the day all screwed up.  Was forced to spend a lot of unproductive time just sitting in a hot parking lot in the ambulance.  At the same time if you ever have the opportunity to sit in a Sheetz (or whatever large convenience store you have in your area) parking lot and watch the characters come and go, do so. It can be rather hilarious .

There are storms heading my way so I'm getting ready to head out for 6-8 miles on the road. Rather hot so It may be closer to the 6 miles then the 8.

QOTD:  No.  I will admit that at one point I really did want to run all three races at Oil Creek just to get all the belt buckles.  They have, or had, one for the 50k, 100k and 100 miler.  Not sure If I'll ever try that or not because that's a race that sells out so quick for the 50k that it's almost impossible to get into.

There were a few others that also had some interesting sway that I really wouldn't mind having but doubt that I ever will do.

moonlightrunner

Runtrail: what a cute pup! You are going to have so much fun!

Harrier: thinking of running any distance on a road makes me hurt more than I already do. Kudos for being able to do it. Roads just fill me with despair. Congrats!

Dhuff: I am beginning to try and put together a list of stuff for June 1. I want some new stuff...apples, I new pack (hate mine). I have a new headlamp and waist light.  I have no idea what food yet...I love making lists of stuff for events!

Sandy/qotd: I love entering events that offer cool swag, but as of late I have not entered any event that offered any remarkable goodies. Certainly nothing as cool as a pink unicorn.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Sandy-2

Slept in this morning, in fact I slept for 12 hours last night. Felt great.

I did manage to do a very easy 3 miles this afternoon.  Some heat training since it was 91 deg.  Tapering for next weekend.

tbd.