Trailer Trash

Wasted Weekender (Read 18 times)

LB2

Tempo run this morning. It was good.

QOTD: Plans for the weekend?

Yard work, running, and maybe a little fishing.

LB2

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Morning LB, you are up early on a weekend. Glad your run went well, and the weather seems to be playing along, too.

I am planning on a few miles around the block after breakfast has settled.

I went out to see the movie "Godzilla 2" with one DS and his best friend - the late show. It was fun, until the boys exchanged three short sentences during an action scene (lots of loud noises in the scene, no dialogue to be missed). They had been absolutely quiet up until then, and from their voices one could tell they were kids, just barely old enough to see the movie. A guy sitting in front of us turned around, yelled threats at the boys, shaking his clenched fist toward the boys. So I asked him to talk to me instead of threatening the boys, and he stayed quiet for the rest of the movie. I had intended to say something to him after the show and report him  , but he left the theater very quickly immediately after the last scene, so I let it go. What a jerk.

QOTD: Chores around the house. Having fun with the kids, enjoying the weekend. After yesterday's shooting in Virginia Beach, I am glad I did not go there for a beach vacation weekend with the kids.

Run for fun.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Good morning and happy weekend, gang!

FTYC, you are awesome.  Screw that guy.  Good for you for putting him in his place.

M hip is super cranky this morning.  I guess I have to shut down biking for a while and see if that helps.  Sigh.

Going to the climbing gym tonight.  Climbing has been strangely low impact on my legs and hasn't been an issue as long as I don't do anything stupid.

QOTD:  Get a lot of stuff done around the house, do some cooking, make some cold brew coffee, list a couple of spare bike parts on Craigslist, climb, go take care of my friend's chickens while they're gone.  Hmmmm, I'm sure there's other stuff on my list too.

Running is dumb.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

One 5K done, so relax the rest of the weekend.  Time was almost a full minute faster than two years ago, the last time they had the race.  Since it's still so early, maybe I'll attempt a double.  I'm not used to finishing my run 5 hours before I normally start.

FTYC - I have a hard time believing or understanding why anyone would do that.  He obviously knew better than to stay around for a confrontation.

Mandy - Hope the climbing goes well and doesn't bother your hip.

qotd: I think I already answered that.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Sandy-2

3 mi after work last light, quick dinner of leftover pizza, downtown to see my son and his band play, home late, got up early and did 11 mi this morning, then coffee with my running buds.  Showed off the buckle and told all the war stories.  Most didn’t quite understand the funkyness of the buckle!!!  Don’t know why?!?!?!

Whew... that’s a lot.  I think I need a nap now.

qotd:  some small chores around the house and a little shopping with my DW.

tbd.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Trying to find a sitter for  Jack so I can join the long run (18) with the group.  So far no luck  have an open house Sunday and DH is out if town so can’t leave him home.

Qotd:  Today more prepping of the house to be ready for tomorrow.  Then maybe a hike with the dogs checking out a trail to add to weekly runs.   Tomorrow I may set off with the group but turn around earlier for Jack...depends on how hot it is.  Suppose to be w@rm.  than do my lobg run on Monday.

Lb:  The streak begins!

ftyc: what a prick!  I went to the movies with my sil and these folks had a baby...maybe 2.  My sil was having such a fit turning around looking at them, heavy sighing, and when the movie was over she went up to them and told them they shouldn’t bring a baby to the movies.  Oh they were  yelling back and forth.  After I told her her behavior during the movie was more disruptive to me than hearing the kid baby talking.  And I said, “while you were busy fretting about the baby, your daughter was video taping (ok I guess it’s not tape anymore) the movie which is illegal.  Got Malia in trouble after that 

Sandy:  Nice listening to your sons band.  How’s Devan,s knee?

George:  a whole minute faster...nice job!!!

Mandy: enjoy your climbing...sorry about the hip....maybe you should replace it...I kniw with knees everyone is happy when they do it.  But I can see where it’s a scary thought.  Especially if you were an average person who dies minimal exercise the hip would be fine.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

dhuffman63

Trails

FTYC what a douche canoe...He probably has a shitty life and wants to spread it around so everyone is miserable as he is.  Course my favorite is the parents who let their heathens run wild in restaurants while they are glued to their phones. I don't threaten the kids but give the parents a few choice comments on their skills as said parents.

Had a massage early then did 4 on the TM.  We are going down to visit DD and buy her a tornado shelter and fix her mower.  Then maybe a late lunch/early dinner.  I have 15 on the schedule for tomorrow along with all my Sunday chores.  Want to go see Secret Life of Pets 2 also.

AT-runner

Tim

Late night last night as all 3 kids were home under one roof. Impromptu Jam Session broke out, so of course we couldn't go to bed and miss that.  I was happy, but it was fun to see DW beaming with all her chicks together.

10 mile trail run that turned into an easy run because I kept stubbing my toes.  It's a trail I run often, so I just slowed down to avoid any fall. No time for an injury now.  Been a while since I had a day like that where I seemed to kick so many roots and rocks.

Portland daughter (on right) was craving Old Bay Chips. It's a MD /PA thing.

LB - Day 5, right?

Marie - You go girl. Don't mess with Momma's cubs!

Mandy - Have you ever had your bike "Fitted" for you?  When I had it done, I was surprised how much change it made to ease my lower back soreness and I had ridden for decades before I had a proper fitting.

George - I'd die in a 5K.  Nice job.

Sandy - Always nice seeing the kids play. Glad you got to enjoy his music.

Sue - Do an out and back and leave the group if Jack need to cut it short.

dhuff - Douche Canoe!  That's a new one.

QOTD:  DW has a concert tonight and I was volunteered to usher.  Golf tomorrow morning and a hike and then drive to DC to drop of DD#1.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Queen of Nothing

Sue

AT:  that was my plan but my friend and her husband really stepped up for me and worked it out  yea...

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Queen, great that you lucked out on the dogsitter!

AT: What a wonderful evening! I agree, you don't want to miss that.

"was volunteered" - awesome. 

Sandy: Always great to enjoy the kids' music, especially if it's professional.

dhuff: douche canoe!  BTW, I told the kids to be quiet, but in a nice and calm way. Worked just fine.

wcrunner: I had to smile. Sounds like you need a 5-mile warmup for a 5k race. Funny thing with long distance running is, some people call 26 miles a marathon, for some it's just the warmup.

4 miles in the humid heat, at least if felt that way. NOAA did not agree, but I swear it was way hotter and more humid than their measurements!

I am also dealing with this "cold" that's going around, I had a sore throat for a few days, now a deep cough and I've totally lost my voice. Not sure where this is heading, but I did not want to risk it turning into a pneumonia (I tend to get them this time of year), so I kept the run short and easy. Hope it works, and I'll get my voice back soon.

Run for fun.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

3 hours this morning cleaning up our patio, I love cleaning

5 miles on the trails w/ Tiny E this afternoon- recovery coming along nicely :)

now beers out on clean patio 

Tim- big time resemblance with your son! Smile

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Mandy - Have you ever had your bike "Fitted" for you?  When I had it done, I was surprised how much change it made to ease my lower back soreness and I had ridden for decades before I had a proper fitting.

Yep.  Multiple professional fittings on different bikes.  The bike feels great aside from my hip.  I can ride 50 miles no problem without any pain anywhere else.  The plan was to build up to longer rides over the summer, but not sure now.  I'm going to rest and see if maybe I can get things to calm down in there.

Great photos of your kids!  Good to put faces to names!  

Running is dumb.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

now beers out on clean patio 

I got nothing else to do, I'm coming over!!

Actually I had iced coffee and read for a little while out on my patio today.  It was nice until it started to rain.

Running is dumb.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

I got nothing else to do, I'm coming over!!

Actually I had iced coffee and read for a little while out on my patio today.  It was nice until it started to rain.

cold IPA's in the fridge; sunny and low 70's here 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Broke my toe last night, smashed it into a few pieces, so doc said no running for at least 3 weeks. 

Guess how much fun that will be. 

I can't believe there are my race plans all exploding into shrapnell. Not sure if I'm going to follow doc's advice to the T, but reason is telling me two weeks of no running will be the minimum to get the toe healed up again. Maybe I can bike?

Run for fun.