Trailer Trash

Friday Finally!! (Read 22 times)

LB2

It has been a long week. Humidity was pretty much gone this morning. Easy run but a quick pace, not that quick at around 9 per mile. But it felt great.

QOTD: Plans for the weekend?

Yard work, running, possibly fishing but unlikely to actually go fishing.

LB2

AT-runner

Tim

SRD today.  Think we're doing a trail 20 tomorrow, but I need to think of a section that won't be a mudfest.

Next week I'm hosting a 50k Fat Ass at the park where we used to do our 24hr run.  Have a few idiots planning on coming. Anyone in the area and wants to run around a 1.55 mile loop for up to 20 laps, stop by Norlo Park in Fayettsville, PA.

Sue - Queen of Retirement

LB - time to sign up for a 10k with all of your tempo runs. You's probably PR.

QOTD:  Long run, yard work, and finish pool opening.  Cover is off, but the 12 year old pump is seized up beyond repair, so waiting for a new motor. It looks like a pond now and not a pool.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Morning,

6.5 miles yesterday, then DS's concert. It was awesome, great music and singing.

Currently, I'm battling some stomach bug, trying to ignore the stinging pain. Heading out a little later for a few miles through the woods, hopefully not in the rain.

LB2: That's my road pace... 

QOTD: Our oldest DS is coming for a visit, together with his girlfriend, so we are probably going out for dinner tonight and spend some time together tomorrow. Other than that, work, yard work (long overdue), and running.

QOTD2: Anyone you know who has absolutely no heart for nature, other than just looking at it and telling themselves they are "such great outdoors people" because they spent 15 minutes outside in the sunshine?

I know a guy from my former job, he was one of the stakeholders in our company and a member of the advisory board. He always insisted to fly first class (no, not business, that's for poor people) in from Austria, even though he knew that that ate up quite a chunk of our company's budget. At one dinner, he told me he did not see any reason why his money (taxes, donations - not that he ever donated, but still) should be used for nature preserving and environmental causes. Said he was not interested in the Great Barrier Reef, or a national park, he would never go there, so why spend money on it? He could watch it on TV if he wanted to. 

He also was very adamant about killing every bear in Alaska. He wanted to go on a cruise and be able to step off the ship to "enjoy nature" without being bothered by those pesky bears. 

He said a lot more of such things.

Sad, but true.

Run for fun.

XtremeTaper

Trying to decide whether to run today at lunch or do my strength stuff at the gym instead. I can't run tonight as I am scheduled for another round of mulchfest. So what it be today trailers, gym indoors or a run outdoors on a nice sunny warm day?! Ha.

QOTD: Weekend plans. Help the missus clean the house to get ready for company next weekend. Finish weeding and mulching the front flower beds. Mulch the flower beds around the pool (tonight). Play a round of golf. A few short runs if I have time.

QOTD2: I can't recall ever meeting anyone like that.. how sad.

AT - Finally tried out my new clubs last night with a practice 9 hole round. They did not fix my crappy swing, but it seems when I did strike it well my irons are back up 1/2 to a full club. Hit a pure 4 iron about 185 to 6 feet last night. The driver was hard to tell. Hit a few good ones but no roll. The local course I played probably had not been mown since before all the rain earlier this week!  Good luck finding mud free trails.

Couch - Have a good run and I hope you stay dry. Nice and warm today. Oh, it's MMT 100 weekend too. I bet it will be a muddy run down there.

LB2 - 9 is good on the trails.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

IS TODAY FINALLY QUEENIE'S LAST DAY OF WORK?!  HOORAY!!!

I didn't leave the climbing gym until they closed at 10pm last night.  By the time I got home it was 10:30 and then I didn't get into bed until 11:00 and then I couldn't get my brain to settle down so I probably didn't fall asleep until midnight.  I'm zonked today.  I wound up renting a harness and top roping with a couple of guys last night and it was pretty fun!  It was really interesting to climb with ropes vs bouldering.  It felt easier, but I probably just wasn't climbing hard enough stuff.  I also felt like it was easier to be sloppier while on a rope.  When you're bouldering and you fuck something up, you're falling off the wall and having to start over.  Technique is so important.  It was easier to make a big move while on the ropes because you're not worried about falling and landing badly.  Definitely a cool experience, although my necks hurts from looking up so much.

I have a date with my couch tonight.  I've been going hard all week and I need a rest day.

QOTD: I was supposed to go camping, but I cancelled because it's going to rain all weekend.  So I'll hang out at home and do some biking and some baking and some climbing.  I'm tired anyway. 

Moonlight - the folks I was supposed to be crewing at Kettle can't make it anymore, but I do have another friend who's running.  If the weather is nice, I might bring my bike out there.  I should chat with NorthernHarrier and see what he's up to that weekend and maybe we can have a good old fashioned FE!

Running is dumb.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

2 miles last night in the hood.  I was breathing pretty heavy but it felt good to do so.

AT: Is this going to become an annual thing? I would come this year but 1 maybe two laps is all I would get.  Maybe next year if you keep it a tradition.

QOTD1: Spreading mulch and other yard work.

QOTD2: Too many to mention.  DW is one of them.

Have a great weekend!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Sandy-2

Sue, is today REALLY the day?  Congratulations!!!

Did 6 along the river this morning.  Still about 50 deg but a little cloudy with the humidity creeping up.  Still felt great.  I just did an out-n-back to Tower Bridge along the south bank.

qotd 1: Fly home tomorrow and then I think DD and DW have some weeding planning stuff to do (hope it doesn't involve me).

qotd 2: Wow, fortunately I don't know anyone like that.

tbd.

dhuffman63

Trails

Did 5 on the TM last night...feel good today.  Had to stop taking the HRT pills as they were making me tired and depressed.  Menopause is for a reason and I really don't have many issues.

qotd: it's supposed to be heavy rain Sat but I have to take my Chuckie to the vet so she can make sure he's healthy enough to start coming with me on my "runs". Sun looks nice so maybe one last biggish walk down my road.  Chuck's harness should come in on Monday of course.

qotd2: No never met anyone like that but those people should be locked up some where so they can't do any damage but I'm afraid they are in the government now.  They are like boll weevils, get into everything, cause destruction of good things, and are hard as hell to kill.

EDIT: Sorry Jamie didn't mean to discredit your DW, I'm sure she's not that bad.  My DH would rather stay home and watch TV than go adventure with me.

Sandy I won't tell you the latest weather stalk...I hope they have lots of ice.

Sue, CONGRATS!

Mandy, that climbing stuff sounds fun but I've developed a fear of heights as I've gotten older.  But if we had something like that here I'd give it a try.  Still wanting to sky dive some day too.

NorthernHarrier

Up but not really at 'em yet. Probably hydrated too well at DW's retirement get together. Had good conversation with some of the people I know somewhat but hardly ever see. A good time.

QOTD: I was supposed to go camping, but I cancelled because it's going to rain all weekend.  So I'll hang out at home and do some biking and some baking and some climbing.  I'm tired anyway. 

Moonlight - the folks I was supposed to be crewing at Kettle can't make it anymore, but I do have another friend who's running.  If the weather is nice, I might bring my bike out there.  I should chat with NorthernHarrier and see what he's up to that weekend and maybe we can have a good old fashioned FE!

Yup, the weather this weekend looks terrible with no breaks. Got all my gear in the car for camping on Madeline Island but running a road marathon in that crap isn't really working for me. I've been hemming and hawing for the last couple days but I think I'll still go.  Even a misadventure is still an adventure.

I will be in Utah now during that weekend, otherwise it would be cool.

QOTD 1-running in a monsoon(maybe)

QOTD 2- had an ex brother in law somewhat like that but not quite that extreme. Conversations with him were challenging at best. Glad he's an ex.

Mandy--if you go to the Bayfield county website it will have a link to all the campgrounds, both public and private in the area with descriptions. A lot of town parks with camping right on the pond. For your adventure you mentioned down the road. Looks good.

Bert-o

I lost my rama

🙂

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

AT-runner

Tim

roping with a couple of guys last night and it was pretty fun! 

Any single ones?

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Any single ones?

Lordy.  You're as bad as my mother.    I have zero desire to date anyone right now and I doubt I will for a long while yet.

Running is dumb.

Daydreamer1

Getting ready to head up to the mountains for 25-35 miles on the bike.  Not quite sure which trails I'll ride yet but going to try some really rocky ones.

Have fun at your last day of work Queen.  It's your day to cause lots of havoc that someone else has to straighten out .

QOTD:  It's my weekend to work.

QOTD 2:  Yea I know quite a few, but none that are as extreme as that guy.  Mostly they are just oblivious to life outside of TV, work and going to bars etc.  I actually work with one guy who used to get out into the mountains as a child. As an adult he has no desire to do anything like that. One evening several years ago we were all watching an eclipse and told him that it was occurring. He just sat at the computer shopping.

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Lordy.  You're as bad as my mother.    I have zero desire to date anyone right now and I doubt I will for a long while yet.

You were still tethered together ;-). Glad to see you picking up some climbing partners though.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

strength trained yesterday morning- the norovirus and losing 10 lbs didn’t have a positive effect on my strength- not surprisingly I guess

went out with DW and Tiny E for 4 miles yesterday evening; ate supper out after- fun evening Smile

not sure abou this evening (asked to work today, which will help pay for my new tent ), if it’s rainy/snowing, probably nothing

congrats Queen!

qotd: going to get one more good snowshoeing trip in is the plan

qotd2: I’m afraid of what I’d say to someone like that, actually they may be afraid Smile

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √