Trailer Trash

UTMB Weekender (Read 21 times)

LB2

Ran 4 this morning to make it an even 100 miles for August. I guess I will do 10 in the morning. I spent the rest of the morning watching the live feed of UTMB. The American men cannot seem to get it together there, but Courtney Dauwalter won the women's race and finished 21st overall. The first American was Jason Schlarb; he was 19th overall.

QOTD: Do you wish that WSER, Hardrock, The Bear, etc. had great television coverage?

Yes. I follow WSER and HR on Twitter through iRunfar. I watch Twitter and the live feed at UTMB. It has excellent coverage.

QOTD2: August mileage?

LB2

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Snuck in 10 miles this morning so I could be back for the finish of Six Days in the Dome.  Fastest run of that distance in about 5 years.

qotd: I'd like to see television coverage of a lot more ultras.  Doesn't have to be start to finish, but at key points with highlights about how they got there.  Following Six Days this week merely through Live Results and the occasional video posted by someone on site was fascinating and the races were incredibly close.

qotd: 217.5

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K, 9:11:09
            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Where is everyone?

15 miles this morning with DW.  Finished with some nice up hills.

QOTD: It would be nice to see some of those races.  Oddly enough, I would watch.

QOTD2: 117

Have a great rest of your holiday weekend.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Hope everyone is out doing something fun for the long weekend.  I walked into town for a book sale at a local church this morning, about 7.5 round trip. It’s where I load up on my cheesy paperback mysteries and thrillers for the year.  Then watched some college football and did chores around the house.

So, so cool that Courtney was 1st female at UTMB. I’m still bummed that she didn’t do better at WS. She’s awesome in every sense of the word.

QOTD: although I like following along on iRunFar, I probably wouldn’t watch  ultra running events on TV.  Just not into TV that much.

QOTD2: 228 miles

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Sandy-2

I did an hour on the stair climber on Saturday and then 30 minutes on it this morning. It's good because it doesn't mess with my calf and I can keep up my fitness.  I might even run tomorrow since the calf is feeling much better.

qotd 1: yeah I'd probably watch.  While I was on the stair climber yesterday I was watching Courtney live on my phone running the last few miles at UTMB.  It was pretty cool.  I was also following earlier in the race on the UTMB website and irunfar twitter, even saw some comments from LB2 over there.

qotd 1: haven't added it up yet.  Maybe I'll do that later.

tbd.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

nice 10 mile outing with Tiny E yesterday- 52 degrees to start, upper 60's when we hit the truck; not so nice 4 miles today- went in the afternoon and it's just too damn hot!

qotd: I'd probably watch

qotd 2: 167 for the month

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Gator eye

It’s still the weekend right?

plan on 6 slow and easy later today

qOtd: I would like to watch a hour or so of the high lights

QotD II: 285

Sandy-2

I actually ran 3 mi this morning. About half way I felt some twinging in the calf but in a different spot.  I stopped and did some major stretching and it felt fine the rest of the way.  Hope I have turned the corner.

qotd 2:  85 miles. Includes about 2 weeks of zeros, grrrrrrrrr.

tbd.

XtremeTaper

I just got back from 2 miles with the dogs around the neighborhood. Walked the first mile, then dog jogged the second mile. I forgot (well, actually I do remember) that it is more work to handle 2 dogs, especially one that is learning the ropes. The dog jog part made it easier actually. Less pulling. Yesterday we got  both dogs out for a total of 6 or 7 miles. A 4 mile jog/hike on Monocacy Hill trails and a nice flat walk out on the SpringMount trail in Chester county. Baker got to meet Rebel. Little Rebel was funny. Kept hoarding all the chewies and acted tough. Baker was a sweetie last night. Before I went to bed he jumped up on my lap and curled up and took a nap. He was tired.

QOTD: I think the races are too long and any moves made to show the race unfold would typically be to slow (or really to fast) to add much drama. Now saying that I do believe a 1-2 hour summary showing some of the highlights and the course itself with some back stories could be interesting. Really to get much interest you'd need a loop type course in a small area like they do with cross country skiing and biathlon.

QOTD2: 122

In dog beers, I've only had one.

runtraildc

Happy Labor Day, runners. No run today likely for me. Saturday was an ugly 6 miler. Legs felt dead or rather, it was day one of a first time ever Couch-to-5k. Sunday was a 4 mile dog jog with Chowder (thanks, XT! perfect description). We went slow, and he doesn't know to stay on one side, but rather kept cris-crossing in front of me. I managed to stay upright, which was a small miracle, IMO.

qotd: almost 90. Like Sandy, there was a week or two that were very low miles.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

got our hill workout in today, 5 miles with about 1700' gain in the first two miles AND it was hot!  we did jump a big mule deer buck near the top (was in some deep shade)

there is a nice little spring fed creek near where we park, Tiny E was glad to lounge in the creek for 5 minutes or so Smile

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

LB2

qotd 1: yeah I'd probably watch.  While I was on the stair climber yesterday I was watching Courtney live on my phone running the last few miles at UTMB.  It was pretty cool.  I was also following earlier in the race on the UTMB website and irunfar twitter, even saw some comments from LB2 over there.

I love Twitter for race coverage!!! I can't put it down. Everything else sort of sucks over there; all social media does really. So much nonsense.

LB2