Trailer Trash

Missing Wednesday? (Read 16 times)

runtraildc

(crap. XT and I are posting the same thing at about the same time.  Here's my original Wednesdaily)

Hey folks, it's the middle of the week. No running? Got in 7 miles in the city this morning with my usual Tuesday running partner. Althought it was roads (I think his trail days are no longer for my running partner), it was fun to see different sights. We took a back route with few stops. Yesterday was yoga with no run.

qotd: It's mid-winter. How are things, weather-wise, in your neck of the woods? After last week's cold, the theme this week is 'spring-like' with a record of 70 degrees yesterday. 50 or so today, perfect running weather. Rain coming.

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Will head out after work for 7 or so.  Weather will be turning colder with showers coming in tonight, so I hope to beat the rain at least.

QOTD:  Pretty warm last couple days with the rest of the northeast folks.  Nice mid-winter break, but normal winter weather will return later this week.

dhuffman - Hope your back gets better.  At least you have more info to work with.  The kidney is a head-scratcher... hope you get some answers there too.  Good luck.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

XtremeTaper

5 crappy miles last night with the Lady on the trails at Green Lane. Despite mild 60 degree temps, the lake is still frozen. Trails were a squishy sloggy slippery muddy mess. I will blame the bad run on the conditions. Tonight, a few miles with the Lady at Coventry Woods. Who doesn't like a few hills and rocks to accompany the mud?!

QOTD: Mild here, but cooler today, only about 40 with some rain forecast. I believe a few more milder days before colder more typical February weather hits again this weekend.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

dhuffman63

Trails

Thanks Bert.  Who knows on the kidney...first ever MRI so maybe that's normal size for me...I am little.  I did 7.30 with hills on the TM, have 5 tonight.  As long as I feel fine I'll keep working out and the like. I do get tired a lot so just take naps when I can...the real naps none of the funny stuff....

qotd: we go from crappy, rainy, foggy, cold here (today) to really cold (Thur, Fri) and last weekend was sunny and 60s but 30 mph wind gusts.  I just want nice weather for the Outlaw.  I'm doing the marathon and then joining a 5 person 100 mile relay.  I'm last so will get time to rest and eat before I start.  There's a 36 hour cutoff.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Just stopping by to say hi.  The Doc (aka AT) has been checking in on me.   Surgery went ok or so I was told after.  I think they gave me a good dose of anesthesia as I had a heck of a time coming out of it.  I sat in recovery 1 for a while and then they transferred me to recovery 2 which is where people go to transition to discharge.  I sat there for a while - close to 8 hours which is not normal.  They were close to admitting me overnight.  There are two criteria to be discharged - walk and pee.  I had a low BP for a bit after surgery but once they got me moving, it came up.  But I needed to pee to get out of there.  I tried, and tried, and tried.  The IV was pumping me full of plenty of fluid and I was drinking everything they had in recovery 2.  Nothing was happening.  I tried running water, sticking my hand in cold water, asking DW to leave the bathroom but no pee.  After several hours, they had to stick a catheter in me .  Over 1000 cc of pee came out.  That is a lot.  The nurse seemed to be more concerned than any of the doctors.  But I still needed to pee to get discharged.  Maybe 2 hours later, I finally peed on my own - another 800cc worth.  The nurse was super surprised at how much I peed on my own.  So home I went in the evening without having to be admitted.  And I have been peeing ever since!!!!

Back is doing ok I guess.  Not sure how I should be feeling.  It's sore. I stopped pain meds Sunday.  I can walk pretty good.  Just taking it one day at a time.  I go see the Ortho next Monday for my first follow-up.  I imagine it will be a while before I can run.  But walking is good so I will walk when I can.  I will live through you guys for a while regarding any desire to run.

Thanks for your thoughts and prayers - it means a lot.

QOTD: Funny that the temps were around 0 the day of my surgery last Thursday but now up in spring like temps.  I keep seeing runners go by the house and am a bit depressed.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

And I have been peeing ever since!!!!

LOL.  That's one of my memories associated with the surgeries I've had.  Having to pee A TON afterwards after they pumped you full of fluids.  I had no problems with that!

Glad to hear from you, Jamie.    Keep on healing!!  You'll be running again before you know it...I promise.

Running is dumb.

moonlightrunner

No run today so far...looking doubtful from my bed right now. But...it could happen.

Dee: hope the diagnostics will get you on your way to feeling good.

Jamie: I hope the healing is fast and uneventful.

QOTD: it seems that we have entered a schizophrenic weather pattern. Polar vortex, to spring-like, to ice storms, to heavy rain, back to freezing (but not That freezing), then to snow. I am winter weary and ready for spring.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

XtremeTaper

Dr Jamie - Yikes on the post-op. I guess you had a spinal and were numb down there? One my knee surgeries that nearly happened to me too, but I managed to pull out a good leak despite not being able to feel anything in my willie after the nurse threatened me with the catheter. Hang in there on the recovery and be patient.

In dog beers, I've only had one.