Trailer Trash

back to the grind Mondaily (Read 22 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Morning Trailers!

Got in a good long hike/run yesterday w/ a buddy (he's doing the Bob Open as well)- tough conditions- upper 20's, snow and a brutal wind, but good training nonetheless Smile

Cold here this morning, 18 degrees   Supposed to warm up through the week, so they say.

Probably 4-5 miles after work w/ Tiny E.

qotd: do you keep in touch with anyone you went to high school (or college) w/?  I haven't had much contact w/ any high school chums in a loooooong time, ditto for college.  Have never went to a reunion, anti-social I guess 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Bert-o

I lost my rama

warden - What do you think the conditions will be like for the Bob?  Last year was pretty tough with the water levels so high.  Think it will be the same?  Any change in strategy for this year?

QOTD:  Yeah, I haven't kept in touch with high school or college mates either.  Guess I'm a bit of a loner too.

No running for a while, but hope to get out sometime this week if the balls heal.  Here's the timeline of last week with my face.  Fun times...

And the rashes on my back, which covered much of my body....

But I'm better now and back to work today. 

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

dhuffman63

Trails

Sat we went to the Ren Faire down in Muskogee with DD and family.  Was windy but the rain never showed so it was kind of warm.  I tripped on part of the boardwalk and bruised/scraped up my knees pretty badly.  Must of tried to catch myself as I am sore all over.  Sunday did house chores and worked with the horses.  Not sure why but I was so tired I had a hard time getting out of the recliner.

It's supposed to rain all week and Tues they already have severe thunderstorm watches.  It's tornado season around here to I watch the weather obsessively.

qotd: No, I moved every few years as a smaller child and just learned early on not to form attachments.  Then I joined the Army and moved some more which just reinforced it. Never desired to go back for a reunion.

EDIT:  HOLY COW Bert-o that looks awful.  Did it hurt?  I got shingles a few years ago but it was no where near as bad as that.  Did they ever determine what it was?

Bert-o

I lost my rama

EDIT:  HOLY COW Bert-o that looks awful.  Did it hurt?  I got shingles a few years ago but it was no where near as bad as that.  Did they ever determine what it was?

The sores and ulcers in the mouth hurt a lot early in the week.  I was getting a bit frustrated because they didn't really treat the problem for the first couple days, just gave me some lidocaine wash, which didn't really do too much.  But I have a pretty high pain tolerance, so I just rolled with it.  Thankfully, the body rashes didn't itch, so they never opened up or scabbed.  The doctors wouldn't give any conclusive cause, but I know it was a reaction to the meds.  I switched meds so all is better now.

Fingers crossed that no tornadoes swing by your area!

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

After some nice weather it dipped down near freezing last night.  Debating whether to go out for a short run before my Monday evening walk with the LRS group.

qotd:  Mike, that's a timely question.  Yesterday I got a surprise response on FB from my coach when I first got back to running in my college days.  Other than my ex I haven't kept in touch with anyone from HS or college, though I was contacted by the organizers for my 50th HS reunion.  I've never attended any of the reunions.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                  05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

NorthernHarrier

Back in Madison for a couple days to get some things organized. I'll just watch the weather etc. to decide when. We also have a lousy forecast for the week with periods of rain.  Our big snowstorm turned out to not be much of anything so I did do that 20k in the Kettles Sunday.  I kinda sucked but I guess it was a character builder.  I am a shell of my former self with this aging thing. I'm entered in 3 events this year but really not too sure of anything anymore.  Saturday I did a 4 hour run/hike in the wilds of upper Michigan. Felt alive doing that. Tough trail conditions, route finding, beautiful wild country. It was great. Not sure why I pay to race anymore when I can do that stuff every day.

QOTD-timely question here too since my high school 45th reunion is this summer. I have received some letters and phone messages from the people organizing it. I have not responded and have never gone to one. 525 peeps in my class and have kept close to 2 of my best friends all along. See those guys quite often but no one else.

Sandy-2

I usually take a SRD on Mondays, but I'm going to do Wednesday's run after work today since I'll be traveling.  (Warning...  I'll be up in State College, PA for a day or two and plan to run a little up on Tussy Mt. this coming Thursday morning.     )

The other day I mentioned keeping track of the kiddos via FB....  one from my DD this weekend, no wonder I'm getting grey hair.   "... rode a breathtaking 16hh liver chestnut stallion.....   Literally breathtaking. As in, savor each breath cause it might be your last. He’s so big and so strong...I think I was the only one in ridecamp enjoying him, it was sort of like camping with a tyrannosaurus. ðŸ˜‚ This was one of my more challenging rides even though we didn’t get much mileage. I did end up coming off of him about a mile from the finish, but wasn’t hurt (thank you to everyone who came out to help anyway, that response time was crazy fast!). We slid on some limestone in a canyon and he panicked and flipped over backward on top of me, but I was able to Indiana Jones it and lay flat on the culvert while he got off of me. He was very careful to not step on me, and didn’t hurt or breed anyone while flying back to camp. ðŸ™ˆ     I was also able to get a nice run in, something like 15 miles in the bluebonnets Saturday evening."

mt: sheesh; you have really got to love those winter conditions to live up there. I do, and I really like the photos, but I think it'd get to be enough right around this time of year.

Bert-o; that is some scary stuff... whatever the hell it is.

qotd: I keep in touch with 2 or 3 high school friends and about the same number of college friends. We hardly ever see each other and go years in between, but when we do it always feels the same and it's nice.  Never went to any reunions though.

tbd.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

bert- glad you’re feeling better; hopefully you know which med you’re allergic too!

re the Open- less snow than last year, but still above average; a lot will depend on how the snow comes off- if it’s relatively cool leading up to the event, we should see tamer waters; warm and we can expect tough fording again

we have three routes- the shortest/quickest has us fording the Middle Fork of the Flathead, we’ll need the stars to align for that one; the next involves a couple of tough fords, but probably doable if the weather is near average, the last is the longest and likely require a lot of snowshoeing

I’m hoping for options 1 Smile

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

runtraildc

No run yesterday. Ended up doing a lot of gardenwork. Today's plan is the gym. I noticed that I've been running about 3x/week and I might just do that for the month of May. I'm lacking on the strength/crosstraining and will increase those workouts in exchange.

qotd: Yes, a couple of close friends.that will hopefully take me to the grave. A dozenothers on the periphery. I had a small, close knit community in my school (all girls, 120) so it's stuck with me.

AT-runner

Tim

Sore and stiff today. Went out for an easy run yesterday and took a hard fall on the wet trails. One of those falls where you're on the ground before you even know you are falling.  Hit left thigh and left calf.  Limped back to the truck, and on the way back looked at left leg and saw all the blood on shorts. Never a good sign.

Waited until I got back to the truck to look at the leg.

Today all bruised and still bloody.  Haven't had a fall like this one in a few years.

Bert - I feel ashamed to post my pictures after what you went through. Huge difference between Friday and Sunday. The powers of prednisone. Oh, and thanks for not posting the "8 Day Balls" picture collage that you made.

dhuff - glad I'm not the only clumsy one this weekend.

Sandy - about DD - she had a better reason to fall than Diane and I had. We're just clumsy 

QOTD:  College - none; HS - 2; Med school - 12-15; Grade school (K-8) about 25 out of the 32 in graduating class.  Grade school class gets together once a year and it's a great time.  Went to 25th HS reunion and that was fun, but a one-and-done thing.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

dhuffman63

Trails

AT, wow...my knees are no where near that bad.  Glad you are ok. I seem to fall a lot as my hearing has worsened.  I'm sure my balance is affected but Sat's fall was nothing but me not paying attention to the step up I needed to take...it wasn't even high up just about an inch...teach me to pick up my *&%$ feet.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Left my ipad at work and my phone wanted a password for runningahead to login in and be able to post.  Did you guys miss me? 

Saturday was chore day.  Sunday we went for a 26 mile run which was actually 27.  We had some slower gals with us who were doing 20 miles so we waited up for them.  At our turn around, Karen informed us that we had spent a total 30 minutes standing .  I was to be home around Noon so for the last 6 miles I left them and RAN to the finish.  Like really ran.  My watched died so I have been unable to check the pace but I know one was 10 minutes.  I think FastFridays is paying off.

This morning we ran 7 miles.  Plan was 9 but Erin was hurting and I had to poop  so we turned around at 3.5.

QOTD Weekend:  Saturdays are slepp in days, which means 7 or 8.

QOTD Today: I've never went to a reunion.  I have a high school friend in CO who I don't keep in touch with but when in CO I visit her and it's like nothing has changed.  I am not good at keeping in touch with friends.   Got a couple of college friends on FB, if you call that keeping in touch.  I tried to find high school friends but was unable to find any??

Berto:  Your better looking on the second Sunday than the first Sunday

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

One more week until I have my last f/u appt with the doc.  I will be running next Monday.  

Bert - looking good buddy!

Queen - impressive.  When's your next hundred?

QOTD: Nope and nope.  I am not good with staying in good contact with people.  I guess I am anti social too.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

dhuffman63

Trails

The qotd has me thinking...I never thought of myself as introverted or antisocial but it appears that as I get older I just enjoy my own self more.  When I went to Brazos last year it was a mini FE with the other group I used to follow.  Not that many people and they weren't annoying, they were quite nice, but I just did not feel comfortable.  I don't mind spending time with one or two people but any more and I get "itchy".  I think mostly it's due to my hearing.  Even with my hi tech hearing aids trying to follow more than one conversation, and sometimes that's hard too, is almost impossible.  I'm sure that's why I feel so isolated sometimes.

XtremeTaper

Not much running this weekend. Had a bit of a freak out Saturday morning. Not sure what happened, typical morning but when I sat down to eat breakfast I had this strange feeling that is hard to describe. Sort of a buzzing, ringing in my head, and at first I thought it was nothing but it didn't go away and then I felt a bit of anxiety and elevated heart rate. Felt a bit foggy in the head or maybe just nervous that was something was wrong. After a talk with my wife, and her mom who is a retired nurse I went to the ER. Labs and EKG came back normal, BP was high probably from nervousness and HR spiked once when I was waiting for doc. I was confirmed to be healthy, a victim of cardio tachycardia and possible panic attack. I was prescribe Ativan but did not fill the script. Felt pretty much normal the rest of the day and in fact did some yard work and other normal stuff. Weird. I had this happen once before, shortly after my choking incident but I don't quite get what happened yesterday. I guess the ER visit was the right thing to do, but I felt sort of stupid afterword.

I did get out for an easy 6 mile doggy joggy yesterday on the trails of Green Lane. Nice cool day. The Lady enjoyed it.

Finished getting the pool open yesterday and it cleaned up quickly. Water temp is 55. Ice bath anyone?

Today, gym stuff at lunch and a short run with the Lady after work.

QOTD: I went to a couple of early HS reunions but I am not super social so stopped going after the first 2. I still keep in touch with one of my best friends from HS, but it's limited to maybe once a year. Saw him a few years back when I went out to Colorado as he was living in Ft. Collins.

Berto - Glad you posted and happier yet things are back to normal. Geez that is some bad reaction.

Queenie - Awesome running!! Fast finish 27 miler. Sweet!

AT - Ouch. Trail rash.

Sandy - Phew on your DD. Sounds scary.

Warden - Snow is just wrong this far into spring.

In dog beers, I've only had one.