Trailer Trash

Satudaily (Read 36 times)

moonlightrunner

Good morning!

Good luck to all those racing today. I hope you have blue skies and comfortable temps!

Late yesterday afternoon I ran a slow easy 7 (never thought the day would come when I referred to 7 miles at any pace as easy). I am trying to get back into the groove after too many days of work with no running.

A bit later this morning I will head out for 4.

qotd: Pass

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Occasional Runner

Finished up my 100 miler at 2 AM, now I'm drinking PBR trying to get settled. I managed a new PR by 3 minutes with a finish time of 18:02:46 and I came in 2nd place overall. I led for a while but was outclassed by a pretty talented runner that eventually beat me by a little over an hour. This is a unique race and will make for a good RR.

Goodnight to all of you that are crawling out of bed.

LB2

Lace: Congratulations. Great race. I can't wait to hear the details. If we get some good weather in December...

Raining here, and I am too close to full recovery to get out in it today. We'll see what happens.

LB2

AT-runner

Tim

Heading out for long run.  Have to look for some gloves because weather has changed.

Kelly - I was following your progress but final results aren't posted yet.  Great race!

QOTD:  As temperatures drop, at what temperature do you break out winter hat, gloves, tights, etc?

I'll run in shorts most of the winter, but at 30 degrees need a warm hat and an extra layer on upper body.  My hands are my sensitive part, so gloves are my go-to cold weather item.  Usually anything below 50 degrees and I'll start out with gloves (usually take the off at some point).  If it's windy and below 20 degrees, I might bring out the tights.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

The pooch and I did a nice 10 mile trail run this morning.  I think we saw more trail runners than ever before.

QOTD: The gloves come out a bit below 50F, the hat in the low to mid 40s, the windbreaker somewhere around 30-40 depending on how windy it is, and the tights somewhere at or below freezing.  Somewhere in the 10-20 range I add a thicker shirt and break out the warmer tights.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I am probably taking the day off.  Get some chores done.

QOTD:  It's in the 50s and I am already wearing my capri tights, start with gloves and have two long sleeve shirts on.  Within a mile I realize I am over dressed and shed the gloves and maybe second shirt.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

runtraildc

Morning  Got in a nice three mile jog this morning along the creek.  Trotting along, looking at the wet leaves and roots, thinking "It's been a long time since I've rolled my ank... oh, crap. Seems ok now, thinking about pulling out the brace for tomorrow's race though.  Trying to decide if that might cause more issues than it could prevent.

qotd:  I'm very cold tolerant  (MN heritage), except when running.  I am not that runner you see in short sleeves and shorts in January (and 20 degrees with a headwind).  I often wear capris year-round.  Could have used gloves and long sleeves this am at the start (high 40s), but again, after a mile I was thankful that I did not.   The jacket, gloves and hats come out high 30s and will stay all winter.

Daydreamer1

Not sure yet if I'll run or stay inside and warm up. Just got back in from a morning in the woods hunting (didn't see a thing except a few chipmunks) and I'm cold. Hopefully some hot apple cider will help me warm up.

QOTD: Gloves will come out in the lower to mid 50s. Anything under 50 and I will probably switch to warm up pants to protect my knees. Under 40 I might carry something along for ear protection. I'll run in just about any temps I just put a lot more stuff on.

moonlightrunner

qotd: this year will tell a new tale as far as cold weather needs. In the past I was cold tolerant, now with my nearly 100 lb weight loss I find I am cold most of the time. While running I still shed layers...but I have to start out wearing more just to get out of the car.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Chnaiur

Trying a jog ans some easy lifting today to see if I can shake the cough

QOTD: living in SF has made me soft. Below 60 is too cold, and above 70 is too hot. Is start using tights around 45F these days. Big change for someone who lived in the subarctic for 30 years.

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

got a really nice 9 mile run in this morning, ~ 2900' of elevation gain

lace- that's a smoking time for a 100!  congrats

I'll break out the tights around the upper 30's-40's- depending on wind/rain/etc; beanie and gloves get broken out in the 40's, same for the windshirt.  I find hat and gloves to be a great overall temp regulator- taking them off/on as needed.

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

jbyram2

Eat to run, Run to eat

Clayton park with HATR.  Sue and I got seperated from the other three members of the group about half way, and went our own way after that.  Mileage is approx 5.7 (Time / estimated pace), since neither of us had GPS, or other such tech with us.

After the group run, I took my phone off the car charger and did the 6.5 mile grand tour of clayton, then since my hips were sore, ran 2 road miles to the UTT trail, went a mile down that, the ran back to the park. 12.5 @ 14:30 pace for the second half, 18.2 miles total for this morning.

QOTD:  Singlet above 50; Gloves and hat below 40, long sleeve + T at 35, shorts down to 25 or so.

Stone Mill 50m 11/16/13  12:42

Febapple Frozen 50k 2/22/14  9:20:55

DIrty German 50m 5/18/14 12:06:16

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

With Valley Forge NP now open I got in another trail run, this one was about 5 miles on single track trail and the rest of the 11.3 miles on a flat crushed stone trail. Surprised myself with being able to pick up the pace the last 2 miles.

QOTD: I don't tolerate cold well, so long sleeves come out with temps in the low to mid 50s, tights when it drops below 50, and gloves in the low 40s. Additional layers as the temps get colder or the wind picks up and there's a significant wind chill factor.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                  05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I rode my bike to the farmer's market, then rode to my parent's house for coffee, then rode back home for a total of about 32 miles.  Cold and windy here.  But I got a good haul at the market!

Nice PR, Kelly!  Looking forward to the RR.

How did you like the singletrack, George?  Most of us are singletrack snobs around here.

QOTD: Totally depends on the weather.  I have Raynaud's disease, so I tend to bundle up my hands pretty early in the year.

Running is dumb.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

How did you like the singletrack, George?  Most of us are singletrack snobs around here.

Most of it was fine, though a few parts I had to slow down almost to a walk to pick my way through mostly roots and some rocks. At one point the trail disappeared in a quagmire. I couldn't see where it started again on the far side, so I backtracked and took another trail. Parts of the trail were so narrow - and there was a rut from runners and biking - that I was running literal one foot in front of the other as if I were running on a 4" wide line. Then at one point I was up on a little ridge on a single track and could see the groomed trail below me to the side with a steep slope and small ravine between. I wanted to get to the groomed trail to head back but there wasn't any way down or across, so I added an extra 1.5 miles or so to my run. I eventually found a gully I could clamber down to get back to the groomed trail.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                      05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.