Trailer Trash

What's with MapMyRun? (Read 50 times)

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Strange things happening there:

- Since Christmas, it seems I run very energy-efficient. MMR logs e.g. a 15-mile run with 7 calories burned???

- Yesterday, I found out why: I have grown! My height (which I never entered manually, the heck where it got it from) was entered with 554 ft, 5 inches. Wow!

- So I corrected my height manually, the calories seemed to calculate somewhat correctly, except that it does not add up miles run on different loops ("Add another activity") and calculate calories from that, but only from the first loop.

- Today, I logged my run again, and - same miracles happening again.

I'm sick and tired of it.

Anyone else noticed any trouble there?

Run for fun.

runtraildc

I've been having troubles with it running really slowly, and coming back to ads in a new way (in the past, you could close them, today, not working).  It also is doing something new with calculating paces each mile.    I have a love-hate with MMR and lately, more hate.  I just haven't taken the initiative to move elsewhere. FYTC, I don't usually pay attention to the calories burned or other functions.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Ha, I also just realized, today's run was at a 0:54 pace. I knew it was fast, but not that fast!

I thought I did not care about the calories, but just the fact that it is wrong is bothering me. Either I do care, or I'm obsessive. Surprised

Same experience with the ads, too.

Perhaps it's time to switch to RA's logging tool. Any way to import previous data?

Run for fun.

Birdwell

It's pretty easy to do.

Check this out

http://www.runningahead.com/logs/640c9475b97744e4abbf08590bd997be/tools/import

choose map my run as your data source, if you run into issues, post in the technical support forum and lots of people will chime in and help.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Thanks, birdwell!

Run for fun.