Trailer Trash

Where is everyone Wednesday? (Read 48 times)

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Of course my groin is popular, Sandy.  Wink  I take it you're pacing at Hardrock again?  If you see Gerber, tell him I say hi!

Harrier, I still haven't run in the arb, other than the road.  Haha!

Running is dumb.

mecrowe

Computer Geek

sorry to hear the groin is still painful, Mandy.  Sad

qotd:  Mostly C9 shorts from Target.....I have both the 5" and the 7"

Watoni

QOTD: cheap shorts from Target or Kohl's - the longer the better.

Sandy - what miles are you pacing this weekend?

Watoni - good luck this weekend! Heading up there soon?

Thanks! Race in Sunday ... heading up Friday.

QOTD: North Face Better than Naked shorts are the best imho. The storage pockets work well for gels or even 8oz soft flasks.

under a rock

I've been taking time off due to back pain I've had off and on for many years. I had an MRI on Monday and got the results today. Turns out I have a herniated disc below the L5. Now that I have an answer to my back pain it's time to get to work resolving it. I'm going to have a lumbar injection of cortisone tomorrow and will start PT after that to strengthen my core and learn what I should and should not do. I can do some short runs as long as I am not having any pain. Disappointed at the diagnosis but am glad to finally have one. I've complained about it to dr's before and all they've done ways xrays. I'm glad someone finally decided to investigate more. I'm looking forward to potentially being pain free for the first time in a long time.

QOTD: I run in skirts and dresses. If I want a skirt with briefs instead of shorts I wear my Runningskirts brand. If I'm feeling the need for a short instead of briefs I use Sparkle Skirts, the only skirt with undershorts that I've found that do not ride up. If I want to wear tights I go to my Nuu Muu dresses. I've never been a girly girl, rarely wear make up, heels, etc, but I love to run in skirts and dresses, so comfy and they have great pockets that are large enough to stash items larger than keys or gels. Mostly I wear skirt because when I wear running shorts they get bunched up since my thighs touch and that just causes worse chaffing than skin on skin chaffing.

Hi all,

Got in 2 really difficult runs over the past 24 hours. Last night it was 6 soupy miles, and this morning about 5.5. The humidity is really messing with my asthma. Dew point was about 72 degrees for both runs. I'm just happy I made it through.

QOTD: My favorites are Oiselle Rogas. They are pricey, but I wait for sales and they can be as low as $25-$30. They are 4" inseam. Shorts are one item I do not skimp on. I think uncomfortable shorts are almost as bad as uncomfortable shoes!

jonferg67

Endless trails

Hello all you trashers,

I've been on a little hiatus from social media/forums. Ran 7 sweet miles in the pouring rain

this morning, nice break from the heat/humidity.

QOTD: Nike, 4" inseam.

Oh yeah, I got a job, I start next week.

Watoni

Hello all you trashers,

I've been on a little hiatus from social media/forums. Ran 7 sweet miles in the pouring rain

Congrats!!!

Daydreamer1

Worked today and had a totally miserable time. It was supposed to be a short day for me then DW and I were going to go to a Pro soccer game. I decided to cancel because I wasn't sure if I'd get out on time. Computer crashes, Internet blowing up, stuff like that. Then I had to deal with a nurse and administrator who had no respect for a older person Angry. When you're pushing 100 years on this earth you deserve to be treated like a human, not like a piece of trash.

Bottom line: no running for me today.

Fraggle - I feel your pain.  I had/have herniated disks in the same area. I ended up unable to walk with a pinched nerve, severe pain and weakness down my left leg. Ended up getting a root sleeve block which sounds sort of like what you may be getting.  The one PT told me that my lower spine does not curve enough and is a major reason for a lot  of the pain from herniated disks. Apparently most peoples disks bulge some but if the curvature isn't right then it pinches on the nerves quicker. He told me to roll up a towel and use in for lower back support when I'm sitting. It's worked for me for the past 12 years. That's not to say I don't still have some problems, but just not nearly as much. Exercises also helped some, but again not as much as the towel roll. Good luck and keep trying to move especially walking.

QOTD: Right now I'm wearing a cheap pair of Starters. Probably got them from Wal-Mart or K-mart. Nice and lightweight. Either a 5 or 7 inch inseam. A little shorter then I normally wear but with the hot weather it's cooler.

Daydreamer1

Fabulous, wonderful, great. Now do you care to share what type of slave labor you will be doing? Big grin  (I don't mean to pry so If you don't want to share just tell me to mind my own business)

muppy

I did about 14 on the trails this morning had some rain to cool it down for a bit, then was just muddy and muggy.

jonferg, congrats on the job!

QOTD I like my shirts about 7" inseam, I usually get whatever TJ Maxx or marshals have on sale, I usually stock up on nike when I find them there.

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

I'll do 7 after dinner.

Congrats jonferg...that's huge...awesome.

QOTD: I went out and bought 3 pairs of Under Armour 5" inseam shorts when I first started running...they're still working for me.

**Ask me about streaking**

Birdwell

Hello all you trashers,

Congratulations! That's fantastic news.

Trail Monster

Got my 10k tempo done in between storms. We're in a state of emergency with awesome flooding right now. Most of the yards along the trail were ponds on today's run.

QOTD: I wear INKnBURN shorts exclusively. Absolutely refuse to wear anything else!

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

ceezy

5 easy road miles...  Legs a bit heavy from last night but started loosening up and EndEd up feeling ok.  Chilling out for a bigger run tommorrow.

Qotd:   Not sure, have some north face, salomon, and brooks shorts I really like, think are in the 5" inseam range. Really want to try a pair of Pearl Izumi shorts but they are expensive so will wait until I find them on sale.  It's good you can normally find running apparell on sale, think almost anything I buy is..

really hope warden posts today..Wink haters gon hate warden keep rocking those shorts

runtraildc

Congratulations!!