Trailer Trash

The Fridaily...Finally (Read 19 times)

moonlightrunner

Good morning!

Last night I ran a nice 6ish in my new, home constructed minimalist winter running sandal/sock/cleat combo. I cut off the straps from a zero sandal I did not like, glued it to a Sand Sock that fits over the ankle. I then put on a wool socks, put on the sand sock and then my yak track. It is not perfect. The sand sock is a narrow profile and my toes don't splay as much as I like...but the ground feel is there. And, on top of that Shamma Sandals is sending me a new pair (my non snow running "shoe") because of the unusual wear on them...and the want my old ones to ponder why it happened.

All in all...a great couple of days outside of work

QOTD: races, adventures and fun times this weekend? Weather permitting, my daughter and two grand kids are coming down for the weekend and we are celebrating my dad's 89th birthday. Hope to squeeze in .Some miles at some point.

Have a great day!

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

dhuffman63

Trails

Got my 6 mile in last night on the TM.  Today is a rest day.

QOTD: Have a 16 mile training run on Sat then 5 on Sun.  Weather will be crap so it's TM again.  Looks like rain, sleet, snow and even some thunder tonight.  Supposed to have the farrier out but looks like another reschedule.

AT-runner

Tim

We got 3" of the white stuff last night. Just a prelude to what they are calling for on Saturday evening.  Then a big chill drops and we'll be at near 0° overnight and 10° on Monday with strong winds.

No run today.  DW and I are meeting a friend for dinner who is a recovering alcoholic.  He's doing really well and just got a new job, so things are looking up for him and I couldn't be happier.  Going to a Tai place which will be way out of his element, but trying to help him break some old habits.

Long run tomorrow.  Think we are going to Norlo Park where we did our 24 and 48 hr races. Might be a few other runners out there doing varying distance and speed, but we'll keep each other company. They plow the 1.55 mile loop and it's 8" wide, so won't have to deal with ice and snow and we'll park my truck near the loop as an AS.

Moon - you'll have to post a picture of those "shoes".  Hope they hold up.

dhuff - What does a farrier cost out your way? Do they add on travel time since you are remote?

XT - see they postponed the Chilly Cheeks this weekend for ice / snow (that hasn't happened yet).  Ron said the Liederkranz told him they didn't want to open in bad weather. Pretty rare for a PCS race to be cancelled / postponed.

QOTD:  See above. Other than that watch some football and root against the Patriot's for the Chief's.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

strength trained yesterday morning; nice 6-ish miles with Tiny E in the afternoon- fresh 3-4" of snow made it a little slow, but still nice (saw some bedded muledeer on a little finger ridge below us- Tiny was very interested Smile)

will get a few miles in sometime today, added another couple of inches last night

qotd: was going to do a big (3 day/2 night) snowshoe loop in the mountains- point forecast for up high is calling for high winds the next couple of days- after my last overnighter with high winds, going to have to pass Sad

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Up early today to run to kettlebell class.  Then met my DH for coffee afterwards and did not run home.    So, 5 plus strength today.  Rest day yesterday, LR tomorrow.

QOTD: I have Monday off but will probably work a bit anyway because I have a couple of things due next week.  No exciting plans for the LR, maybe met my RC for a few and then continue up and down the coast. Football on Sunday and a visit with Dad.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

AT-runner

Tim

Hey Moon, I found a good Avatar for you to use.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

dhuffman63

Trails

Tim, I just get mine trimmed, no shoes so for the 3 it's $150...that includes me adding in extra to cover travel.  He's the best on I've found and he comes from 50 miles away.  The one local guy I tried was awful and the horses hated him.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I rode the trainer last night.  Not sure if I'll do anything today or not.  Probably just a short walk on the TM.

Moon, I agree that we need some pictures of those shoes!

QOTD: I am meeting up with a friend (mnkiwi/Deana from RWOL for any of you who go back that far!) to go for a hike tomorrow.  I'm also hoping to go to the climbing gym at some point over the weekend.  First time since August.  I finally feel emotionally ready to try again.  We'll see if my fucked up forearm agrees.

Also, this:

watch some football and root against the Patriot's for the Chief's.

Running is dumb.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Ran 5 and a halfish.  Good thing we decided not to run Wednesday as there was a lot of down trees and branches.  We kept saying, that would of killed us...that would of hurt.

QOTD:  Movies, beer, clean house, rack pine needles, long run 19, another run 8, Monday off, wine.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

moonlightrunner

Live it! Not sure how to use an avatar...

Hey Moon, I found a good Avatar for you to use.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

NorthernHarrier

Decided to stay home this weekend and ran on dirt trails both yesterday and did 12 this morning down at Brooklyn/Belleville on the Ice Age (for Mandy). We are under a winter storm warning now and the forecast has been changed to us getting close to 8" now. Does't compare to some of you in the northeast but still a good amount. My running on the dirt trails the last few days could be it now for quite awhile as we are also forecast for another snow event next week.

So I made the lottery for Moose Mountain marathon. Doesn't look like they came close to hitting their numbers for the marathon so I guess my odds were pretty good.   Been a few years since I have run it so it should be good. I've done the the spring 50k there a couple times also and I do just love that course. I know XT did the 100 there a few years back and Mandy has done Moose Mountain too.

QOTD--Plans changed as with all the snow coming here I didn't want to abandon DW with all the snowblowing/shoveling coming up. So I guess there will be running/slogging of some sort, bourbon consumed, and the conference championships this weekend should be great games.

LB2

Ran a foggy run this morning. Then headed off to test some high school students who want to enroll in some college courses. This has been one of the busiest weeks I have ever had in my career. It has been very productive; we have overcome seemingly insurmountable difficulties and done unbelievably well. I am my own worst critic, but I can honestly say we kicked ass this week. So, I am looking forward to taking it easy and doing a little running this weekend, nothing special.

QOTD: Just regular running and out to dinner with family tomorrow night.

LB2

XtremeTaper

Let's see. I had a nice 6 miles out at the lake yesterday with the Lady. Still gorgeous winter weather, which means cold but not too cold and no wind. The lake is showing signs of icing over in a few places but I doubt if it will get a super solid freeze for any ice fishing since it's pretty late in January already. There have been years when it's frozen solid. Sometimes I like to throw a rock from a high point onto the ice when it's frozen and listen to it hit and scatter about. I've also had thoughts of creating new loops by running across the frozen lake but have never had the balls to do that.

Anyways, Day off from running today. I have mild cold like symptoms, have run 7 days in a row, and might just go do a sweaty spin on the bike to nowhere instead.

QOTD: Usual stuff, weekend chores, perhaps a mid-distance run if this cold/crud stays in check. Nap. Watch playoff football. Go Chiefs!

NH - Oh yes, I remember being trail kill for the moose mountain marathoners. Pass the start line an hour before their race started. Gave me a bit of gumption to see how long I could hold off the lead pack. Then I teased any marathoners (in a friendly haha way) that I would pass hiking up steep climbs and then boo hiss them when they flew back by me on the dowhill. Fun times! That was a great course.

Queenie - Good call on missing the falling limbs. That is nothing to mess around with. I have a healthy fear of falling limbs after an incident many years ago.

AT - I was mildly contemplating running that one, not so much for time, but I haven't done PCS race in some time and the winter ones on Mt. Penn and the Liederkranz are fun.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

runtraildc

Hi all. I did not run yesterday as I said I would. Did some yoga instead (poor substitute). And it's mid-afternoon and I haven't run yet today. Running out of time is what I am,  I have to take the kiddo to a swim meet tonight.  Normally, I'd run at this pool, as there are great trails, so we'll see. I might have to stick to the paved trail for safety.

qotd: Swim meets for the kid, my sister is coming to visit with her kids. It's her twini's birthday on Sunday so we might take them to a kid's climbing gym. Then vietnamese for dinner, and cake. Thankfully, it looks as if the brunt of this storm is mostly dodging us.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Decided to stay home this weekend and ran on dirt trails both yesterday and did 12 this morning down at Brooklyn/Belleville on the Ice Age (for Mandy). We are under a winter storm warning now and the forecast has been changed to us getting close to 8" now.

So I made the lottery for Moose Mountain marathon.

Wait, what?  8 inches?!   Weather.com is still showing 1-3".

RE: your run...I used the dispersed campsite out there on a cold night back in October to test my sleeping bag.  Two owls woke me in the middle of the night with their screams.  They must have been directly above me because it was loud as hell.  I don't think I've been out that way in a while.  Well, I haven't been on trails much at all lately, honestly.

Congrats and condolences on MMM!

Running is dumb.