Trailer Trash

Thursdaily (Read 17 times)

AT-runner

Tim

Ended up walking 3.5 last night. My LB was still a little cranky. Going out for a run in the woods now.

Mandy - where are you? Post your baking pictures.

DC - you double finger crossed, so hopefully you didn't jinx yourself.

Found this really amusing, and sadly true.

QOTD:  Any superstitions?  If not, any phobias?   Not very superstitious, but for phobias, I don't like sitting in a big room with my back to people. It used to just be a minor aggravation but now I can't do it without feeling stressed.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Tim- that's funny Smile

4 miles on the trails with DW and Tiny E yesterday, easy pace trying to keep my legs limber for this weekends death march

will hit the trails at some point today

qotd: not superstitious; I think it's 30+ years in law enforcement, but share the same concern as Tim- like my back to a wall if possible- DW automatically takes the opposite side when we go (went ) to restaurants.  Actually I'm not overly excited about any crowded venue.

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

XtremeTaper

Nice sunny morning for the 2 mile dog wog. Will sneak in a short road run late morning to keep my pandemic running streak intact. I could count the 1+ mile of on/off jogging in the streak I suppose but I don't.

Took Baker out to the lake last night for 5 miles, up through the cedar forest and then down next to the lake on the north side. Cool but pleasant spring evening. The parking lots were full of quarantiners but not too bad on the trail. Mostly just a few groups of mountain bikers. Wildflowers were at peak on the slopes of the cedar forest.

QOTD: Phobias. LOL. Fear of exposed heights. There was a section on a hike we did in Iceland that freaked me out a bit.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

So I got in 5 miles walking yesterday...We are going biking today...but dog walks in am and pm for my miles.  The hip is currently pain free but will still wait a few more days before running.  

wotd:  claustrophobic and heights..hate snakes

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

LB2

Nice loop this morning that was at an easy pace but quicker than expected. I knew it was quick while I was running, but it just felt really good. This is my 95th consecutive day of either running or hiking. I am not pushing any high mileage, but I have averaged 3.5 miles per day so far. I am going to try to keep it going.

QOTD: I don't have anything that I would call a phobia, and I don't have superstitions that I take very seriously. I do have some superstitions that I have some fun with, like not sleeping in a bed before a race. I always sleep on the floor or in a tent because every time I have slept in a bed (or couch) in a proper structure I have DNF'd. Any explanation other than that would have to be attributed to my own ignorance on the first one and complete stupidity on the second one, which would be too truth for me to handle. LOL.

LB2

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Another 10 this morning.  Will likely call tomorrow either a rest day or low miles.

LB2 - that's a funny superstition.  You should test that one again.

QOTD: No superstitions but I am not a fan of heights.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Sandy-2

It was pretty brutal out there this morning, 78 deg and humid as hell at 5:30am. I didn't want to say anything but..... on top of that the large black and grey horse flies are also laying in wait by the ponds, lakes and streams. I got three of the suckers this morning.  I'm thinking on putting a kill sticker on my water bottle......

qotd: I guess a little, since I have two lucky charms I've been carrying around in my briefcase or computer bag for about 30 years now. I have a tiny metal toy dog that my son put in my briefcase before a business trip when he was about 4 years old, I found it once I got overseas. Years later when my daughter was about the same age I was telling her about it and she handed me a little plastic fish that joined the dog.

tbd.

runtraildc

8.5 slow and easy miles in Rock Creek (on the closed traffic roads) with a friend. Knee felt pretty close to 100% today. We found another $20 bill on the ground as we finished up. This time I pointed it out to the guy waiting for the bus and he took it. I hope it at least likely made his bus trip and/or day a little better.

Yesterday ended up just over 5 walking. The gnats were out in the evening. I know it is nowhere near as bad as green or black flies, but still yuck.

qotd: No superstitions, but like others, fear of exposed heights.

AT-runner

Tim

Ended up with 10.4 beautiful trail miles. Went to a section that was logged a few years back. I have stayed away and then kind of forgot about it. Man is it growing in nicely. Very pretty with the new trees and has had a lot of MTB'er use so nicely packed (between the rocks). Jamie, XT and GC, It's North of the Ironmasters course but above the same ridge as that last big climb up Hammond Rocks.

For you PA trailers, the far ridge is where Pole Steeple is.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

NorthernHarrier

Tim and Mike--in medical terms that is known as Wild Bill Hickok syndrome. 

Just 5 miles on the trails today. Still felt a little tired so I didn't push it. Saving myself for something much longer tomorrow. I will hop on the rower after supper.

QOTD--no superstitions or phob's but like I once said a time back I am a believer in Karma. Is that different?  Otherwise no fears of heights or anything. I laugh in the face of danger! 

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

calling Mandy, moonlight, other MIA's

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Tim and Mike--in medical terms that is known as Wild Bill Hickok syndrome. 

exactly!

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Mandy - where are you? Post your baking pictures.

Hi!  I'm sorry!  Just feeling kinda woe is me over my achy hips these days. Gonna show up for more XT dog/flower pics though.  Smile

Running is dumb.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

there she is!  Smile

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

XT, aww that's a nice pic, everything good about life right there.

Short, sweet, steep 5 mile run today in a local park.

QOTD: I have a strong dislike of big spiders but I wouldn't call it a phobia and I've made peace with the little house and garden spiders.  I have one sort of superstition.  There's a circle at the end of my street, like a round-about.  The road isn't that busy and if you want to make a hard left, it would be easy enough to take a short cut instead of driving around the circle to make the turn.  BAD IDEA.  The one time I did it, I had a really bad day.  So, never again, I've decided it's bad luck.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR