Trailer Trash

Mundane Monday (Read 17 times)

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Hard to believe we are going into week 9? or is it week 10? of the shut down? I don't know anymore.  Everything runs into everything else.  I am now used to working from home but it won't last.  DW started back f/t today.  She works at a dentist office and they are now allowed to be open in PA.  Running? 10 slow miles this morning.  My legs are asking for a break so tomorrow will be either a rest day or low mileage.  Feeling overall pretty good though.

QOTD: What is one thing you have not been able to do during the shut down that you really look forward to?

I would like church to be normal (in person) again - no more virtual stuff.  I also look forward to eating at a restaurant.  Not sure why on the second one.  I think it will then feel normal again.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

6 miles yesterday for Tiny E and I; glorious afternoon- overcast, mid 60's w/ some breeze- just felt perfect!

not sure if it's strength training or the trails- one or the other

was looking at hitting the Bob Open a little early (Thursday) as Dave did away with the mass start (one guy started this past weekend); now looking at the original start date (Saturday, 23rd)- have some very wet, unsettled weather moving in today through Friday (and probably Saturday)

qotd: probably eating out; our restaurants opened up last week- limited capacity, seating moved around, etc- we're not quite ready to dine out just yet though

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

LB2

Fartlek run this morning. I experienced shortness of breath, and I liked it.

QOTD: I don't know. I don't really miss much of anything. I do like going to the office, and I do miss Sunday School. I get more out of interactive discussion than I do the preacher up there preaching. But, I wasn't going to church during the month of April anyway; I was going turkey hunting. The season is short, and normally, I can only hunt on weekends (5 of them) and the one week I usually take off. Nothing gives me a thrill like hearing a turkey gobble. I figure God wired me that way, and I am going every chance I get even though I usually only shoot one per season now. I just love being there with them.

LB2

XtremeTaper

Not much running this weekend, just 10 miles in total. Took the Lady out yesterday with Baker as she had that look like she wanted to go and well it's pretty hard to say no to the look and the wag tail. We went over to Warwick Park and ran some easier wooded trails. Spent most of the day yesterday getting yard work done. Planted all the summer bulbs, 4 big trash bins of cannas and one bin of calladiums (elephant ears). Now for round two of mulch and I will be done.

Plan for today. Dog wog this morning. Need to do my weight routine today and plan for a run with Baker out at Coventry Woods this evening.

QOTD: I'd guess going out to a pub/brewery/restaurant for a burger and craft beer. Sure, I grilled some burgers last night and a had a few good beers but not quite the same as being lazy and going out.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

runtraildc

Morning trailers. Got in almost 6 yesterday, wallking. missed making 100 on gvrat by .3 miles. I wasn't paying attention because I would have looped around the block just to see my miles at an even 100. There's a young chap from PA that is my bib number plus 10,000. When I put in my number, he comes up on the map as well (but I tried vice versa, and he doesn't see me).  Anyways, he's just been a few miles ahead of me so it's been an interesting 'carrot'.  He's been very steady, running everyday so if I get ahead,, it's only been because he had not yet entered mileage.

qotd: A couple of things-- a real race, our Saturday running group and my kiddo's swimming. He's going into his senior year and considering swimming in college so it's not the greatest time to have a break in training, but they're all in the same boat (no pun intended). This 2 month break is his longest time out of the pool since he was 8!? Maybe that's a good thing. I suspect the pool will reopen before the other things. They have an outdoor facility and with creative scheduling, distancing shouldn't be too difficult.

Mondays are still mundane, that hasn't changed for sure.

Ran 6 and hiked 5 yesterday.  SRD today but will probably take a walk later.'

QOTD: I miss my DH.  He's been in the Philippines since February.  Was supposed to some home in early March but everything got locked down.  He can't get reliable info on what's going on.  Things were supposed to start opening up last week, but it's been extended to the end of the month.  And that doesn't even include the airport.  

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

AT-runner

Tim

Jamie C, you have a 1 mile lead on Jamie C still.  I'm pulling for Jamie C.

Well monday is usually a SRD but I have a May streak going so I'll run a few easy miles later tonight. Tomorrow's plan is 20++

I had 6 years of Latin, which makes you a terrible speller (no silent letters in Latin).

QOTD:  hanging out with friends either at home or restaurant..

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Sandy-2

Today's my SRD, yay!!  Although I feel like a GVRAT slacker!!!  I'm currently sitting a 175 miles and will "watch" a bunch of folks go by today. It's all part of my strategy, I'll let them think I've dropped back but then I'll come back later this week.  

qotd: The big thing is not seeing the kids, they both live in the area but we have been staying apart.  Although we did have a driveway meetup staying very far apart a little while back.  But that's really hard to do.  Plus in normal times we meeting at restaurants a lot so I guess what we're really looking forward to the combination of visiting with the kids and eating out.

tbd.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Suppose to ran all day but U’ll get out for at least 5 miles walking...still hip pain so not going to push running.  

qotd:  I guess belly up to a bar for drinks, food, and Conversations.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

NorthernHarrier

SRD here and waiting for a contractor dude to show or not. Don't know what it is about the trades but bad communication is a prerequisite to be a member. Anyway I just got en email informing me that another race I was entered in for mid July cancelled. Quite the year we're having.

QOTD--Well I had a couple pretty cools races cancel to start. And I really would like to enjoy my trail runs like they used to be w/o all the hordes of people. But I guess mainly like others have said--DW and I go out for good food and drinks at a few favorite spots but it's gonna be a real long time before that happens again sadly.

AT-runner

Tim

QOTD--Well I had a couple pretty cools races cancel to start. And I really would like to enjoy my trail runs like they used to be w/o all the hordes of people. But I guess mainly like others have said--DW and I go out for good food and drinks at a few favorite spots but it's gonna be a real long time before that happens again sadly.

You're in WI, you can go out now with all the others and hang at the bars.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

dhuffman63

Trails

Still doing nothing.  My dad died last Sat so I had to fly back to MS.  That was surreal.

qotd: There are a couple of restaurants we like and go maybe once or twice a month but I refuse to right now and it'll be a long while before I feel comfortable going out anywhere.  The shear selfishness of people who won't wear a mask in public is saddening.  And our asshole in charge and his merry band of idiots isn't helping any.

LB2

Still doing nothing.  My dad died last Sat so I had to fly back to MS.  That was surreal.

I am sorry.

LB2