Trailer Trash

Thursday!! (Read 20 times)

LB2

Another loopty loop this morning, but it is significantly more humid today than it was Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. Super slow and easy this morning.

QOTD: Since we are late spring/early summer, have the bugs started giving you problems yet?

This morning was the first time I was bitten by anything since last June or July. Deer flies hit me this morning, and I can't remember ever dealing with deer flies around my place. Usually, horseflies have been eating me up for two weeks now, but I have seen very few of them so far. They are usually gone by June; maybe they won't show up at all this year. I can only hope.

LB2

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

a nice 5-ish miles with Tiny E yesterday evening, 60's instead of 80's- much better!  we flushed a couple of big blue grouse- not sure who was more startled, Tiny E or me 

and Tiny E came really close to catching a squirrel, I caught some movement below the trail and saw it was moving up a small draw towards the trail, Tiny E saw it to and met it at the trail- came with an inch or two of grabbing it, of course not sure what he would have done had he grabbed it Smile

strength train this morning, 4-5 miles this afternoon is the plan

qotd: completely bug free here; I've been leaving my rear door open of late to let in fresh air, door doesn't have a screen and not even a single fly has gotten in

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

dhuffman63

Trails

Morning all. Chiro last night seems to have helped a lot but the day of sitting will tell.  I think I'll use my standing desk more today.

Every time I hear about squirrels or see one I think of the movie UP! and the dogs yelling "SQUIRREL".  Secret Life of Pets 2 comes out in June and I can't wait.

Starting to weather stalk for the 25th...right now it's 67/86 Partly Cloudy and 10 mph winds.  Since the course appears to have at least some shade and TROT does aid stations well stocked I'm sure there will be ice which is now my concern. I'm hoping and looking forward to meeting Sandy there.

qotd: they don't bother me but there are carpenter bees in the loafing shed that are driving DH nuts.  He's trying to find ways to kill them all.  Flies are bothering my horses so I need to put on fly spray a lot.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I am hoping to run tonight.  My body is still feeling the affects of whatever I had last week.

LB2 - don't you know humid is a four letter word.  Too early to start saying that.

warden - tinyE with squirrel in mouth would be a great picture.

QOTD: Not out long enough to know if we have bugs.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

@dhuffman- I'm also starting to do a long range recon of weatherl for the Bob Open- definitely a cooling trend which will slow snow melt, but should also slow stream flows (good)- right now it also  looks like 7+ days of moisture (bad).  I'm hoping to not have to deal with days of  rain/wet snow.

@jamie- would be a classic 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

5 miles easy, but feeling the fatigue in my legs today

qotd: haven't been bothered by bugs yet this year

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                    05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Alarm went off at 5...slept until 7 let Earl out...he came back 5 minutes later (it's raining) and woke up again at 8 AM.   guess someone needed her sleep!  Yoga at lunch.

QOTD:  Last run we had ticks, mosquitos, and knats but not really a problem..just bugs.

Jamie:  Good luck on the run!

Warden:  We are fresh air folks...so the windows and doors are always open.  Do hate how the flies come in the house and shit all over the windows. 

Duffman:  Glad your back is feeling a bit better.  and I also checked weather for 06/15...a little premature. 

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

XtremeTaper

Four mile dog jog today from the house up to the local trail and back. The Lady was not really into this route. She putzed about and looked at me like why are we on the road and this stupid gravel trail instead of woodsy single track? Oh well. She got her exercise at least.

Yesterday was my "fast" day with ~6 miles on the local trail. I had some decent times at my checkpoints and thought I might break 49 minutes but I pushed 2 seconds too slow and stopped the watch at 49:01. I was cruising pretty good at the end and had to walk around the car a few times to cool down.

QOTD: Not buggy here yet. I think all the rain is drowning them.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Heading out to get in a few quick miles before DS's concert starts.

I ran 3.5 miles yesterday and was really eager and happy to be running, when I started wondering why my shoes were a bit loose and were making an unusual tapping noise upon impact. Looked down and saw this:

Oops - that explained it... 

Should have changed into my running shoes before heading out after unlocking DS's bike...

warden: that's a close call for the squirrel. A few days ago, my cat caught a mouse and actually killed it.

Jamie: I hope you'll get out there tonight before the rain starts - again.

Queen: Nothing beats a dog in deciding whether it's worth going outside or not.

Taper: Dang, close. Maybe the clock was off, or started counting before you got started. 

QOTD: Not bad at all, so far. Surprising, considering how humid it has been the past few weeks, but I'll take it.

Run for fun.

AT-runner

Tim

This morning, I dropped my my off at Harrisburg Airport to go on a trip to see her sister in Atlanta.  On the way home, I stopped at Gilford Pinchot SP for a 10 mile run around the lake.  It's been 5 years since I've run there, and boy was it a mess.  I expected muddy trails, and they didn't disappoint, but the low lying branches and thorns right along the trials made for a slow deliberate run.  Still nice to be somewhere different for a change, I was just surprised with the trail conditions.

Warden - who weighed more, Tiny Elvis or the squirrel?

Sue - Are they throwing you a party tomorrow for your last day?

dhuff - we love Up.

LB - don't say the "H" word yet. We're just turned off our heat in PA.

Jamie - hope you get out. Almost called you to let you know I was in your area, but didn't want to have you go from 0 to 10.

XT - use those clubs yet?

Marie - Hahaha.  I've never actually started running with wrong shoes, but I've been close.

George - recovery week, take it easy.

QOTD:  Only spiders.  I was web busting most of my run.  Didn't see another person on the trails for 10 miles.  A few were at the camping area and boating ramps, but no trail usage in front of me.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Had a party yesterday...pot luck thingy for non-drinkers...going out for drinks Friday after work.  Hubby asked if I wanted I party...I did not.  Work gave me a $250 gift cert to LRS.  She doesn't sell my brand of shoes but I was thinking of getting another pair of Hoka's as I have been having heel pain.  Less than 2 days!

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Bert-o

I lost my rama

I ran 3.5 miles yesterday and was really eager and happy to be running, when I started wondering why my shoes were a bit loose and were making an unusual tapping noise upon impact. Looked down and saw this:

Oops - that explained it... 

Should have changed into my running shoes before heading out after unlocking DS's bike...

This made me laugh today.  Thank you for that. 

My demons didn't get the memo.... I want to quit this dance.  So, I'm still dancing with them.  But it's not all terrible.... I started running this past week and yesterday I ran on trails.  Didn't realize how much I missed it.

George - I still need to read your RR but I caught the headline.  Do you get points for ER visits?  j/k - Glad you're ok now and hoping for a speedy recovery.

warden - Looking forward to The Bob!

Dr J - Go rock that run tonight!  But don't overdo it either.

QOTD:  Ugh, don't remind me.  Not too bad right now, but they're coming for sure, especially with how wet it's been this spring.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Tim- it was close, I think Elvis had a couple of pounds on him Smile

Bert- hang in there man- we're all rooting for you

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Sandy-2

Business dinners can be great or.....  not so great.  Tonight was the later category I guess.  Still working on a report due tomorrow.....

Got up early and did 6 mi this morning.  I’m getting so spoiled by the weathers here at the moment.  It’s going to be tough getting back the tropical east Texas  stuff.  dhuff’s weather forecast for our run on the 25th could be trouble.

qotd:  On my last long run in the TX park before I left I was accompanied in some parts by biting deer flies, but just for some short stretches.  Didn’t have any in Mumbai last week which was quite surprising.  I’m still taking malaria pills, but I’m beginning to wonder why.....  I don’t think I got any mosquito bites.

tbd.

moonlightrunner

The jury is till out on a run tonight. I have been running way more than posting lately, but I am struggling. Tomorrow I go to the ortho for another knee injection I hope to get me through my Fun Run June 1. I am suspicious I might have a tibial stress fractures as well, and I am going to request a script for physical therapy to start after the race. Everything that hurts is worse when sitting. I am very discouraged. My training has been limited, and the Fun Run will be accomplished pretty much on guts. I did get a couple of good runs on part of the course. Pretty gnarly.

Mandy: are you volunteering at Kettle? I am working an aid station until 3 or 4 then heading out for the Fun Run at 5.

Queen: congrats on retirement! Damn, that will be great!

Berto: thinkin' of you. Keep fighting those demons...glad you got out on the trails.

Qotd: it has been too cold for most hugs, but temps are warming. I suspect in a week there will be clouds of hungry mosquitoes soon to be followed by the deer flies. The delay in their arrivals has been one of the few upsides to the cold Spring.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k