Trailer Trash

Moist Monday (Read 11 times)

LB2

It is about to get very moist here today. We have what is supposed to be some serious storms coming through here today and tomorrow. They have closed many schools already, but many times, these storms do not reach the level of catastrophe they claim. However, this one might be pretty significant. We'll see. I did run 3 miles this morning, so I got that done.

QOTD: How much attention to you pay to weather forecasts, and where do you usually get your information on the weather?

I don't pay much attention to official weather forecasts on the local news. I normally just look at the radar on Accuweather and plan accordingly. I just don't trust much of any "reporting" I hear anymore on anything. Everything seems to be sensationalized to me, so I am skeptical of everything I see/hear, weather or otherwise.

LB2

dhuffman63

Trails

According to the app on my phone we will be getting snow on Tue and Fri. I don't much trust weather reports and just basically look out the door.  The app has been right the last couple of time though.  DH is the weather guy, he watches the radar and tells me what he sees. If the app is right I'm not going to like this week as it shows the lows in the teens or lower and the highs aren't much better. I truly hate the cold.

13 miles yesterday, SRD today.  Not too moist here right now, but they say we should get some rain Tuesday and Wednesday,

QOTD: I follow the US National Weather service, SF/Monterey, on FB and check the weather app on my phone, and those two things are good enough for day-to-day weather.  For things that are important, like a trip or race in the mountains, I'll use MeteoBlue.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Sandy-2

SRD for me today.

qotd: I just look at the big picture. I use Weather Underground's 10-day plots to generally see what's happening, but also know that the timing can shift forward and/or back. I also look at the weather map plots to see the big picture from tine-to-time. It's usually petty good around here because it's flat and the weather folks can "see" what's coming.  Here's an example;

tbd.

XtremeTaper

It was pretty low key here for the weekend. Took Baker out for a run at the lake on Saturday just as our little snowstorm started. Then ran some errands and watched some of the NFL games, with a snow shovel session between games. We had only 2-3 inches, and what did not melt today will be gone tomorrow as we are forecast for 3-4" of rain. 

We took both Birdie and Baker out for a snowy walk at the Birdsboro watershed. Birdie did very well, her first real official walk off- leash. She stayed right near us and her big brother. 

Will hit the gym tonight for a spin and weights.

QOTD: I just use the weather app on my phone. If travelling I will change locations to see what's up. Short range forecasts seem pretty decent these days.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

3.3 miles recovery run-walk

QOTD:  I'll check Weather Underground when it looks like weather may be a factor, e.g. storms or extreme temps in the forecast. I shifted my intervals from Saturday to Sunday this past weekend because of the snow and freezing rain possibility, which also pushed my next long run to Wednesday.  That nicely avoids running it on Tuesday when we're supposed to get an all day rain, heavy at times.  I'll start checking the 10-day forecast about 2 weeks out for a race. That also lets me monitor changes in the forecast. It won;t change the weather I'll be running in at the race, but it makes me feel like I'm doing something constructive to prepare.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                    05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.