Trailer Trash

Monday, Monday, so good to me..... (Read 21 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Well not really, but I do like the song   Have to go into work early, hopefully get off early too- we'll see.

I spent yesterday chasing the wild wapiti, tough day-  5F leaving the truck and the snow was deep; it just wasn't the snow though, the wind had reeked havoc with the snow packing and piling it in drifts- it was actually a little better high than lower.  About 12 miles and a couple thousand feet of gain, but the real story is bucking the snow.  I did finally find some fresher elk sign, but it was high and far in- would be hell getting an elk out there, but didn't have to worry about that as I never bumped into them.

Plan on 4-ish on the trails this evening.

qotd: purchase any running related lately or any on your Christmas list?  I just purchased a pair of La Sportiva Crossovers- a dedicated winter shoe- goretex lined with a built in gaiter, should work pretty well.

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

LB2

Monday's and Friday's are supposed to be rest days. I have not run yet, but I may squeeze something in after work. I don't know yet. I am really trying to balance out the rest/run thing. I have a thing going on down the side of my leg, most likely piriformis pressing on sciatic nerve. I know how to fix it, but it isn't hurting enough to make me concentrate on stretching. It feels fine when I run, though.

QOTD: I stocked up on stuff a few months back, so I am in pretty good shape for now. I have enough shoes that I may not have to buy any at all next year.

LB2

runtraildc

Yesterday turned out very windy, so no trip to the woods for me. Went to the gym instead and logged a short treadmill run and did some strength training.Turned out there was a game, so the gym was very, very quiet (and quite nice).

qotd: No, pretty well stocked, though a pair of well loved capris are nearing the end of their life span. And I noticed my road shoes are 75% done.

Sandy-2

Back from our whirlwind trip to NYC.  What a crazy and great weekend.  We were mainly there to attend a little film festival and another screening of "All the Wild Horses" (DD was there supporting the movie and doing the Q/A thing afterwards).  We had told friends and family that we'd be there for the film....  so......  we had a group of about 35 people in our party.  Met in a Irish Pub beforehand for dinner and (many) drinks...   then after-party with the gang, derby riders, film director, etc...  didn't get home until 3am.  I think the movie won something at the festival too, still waiting to hear.

Anyway, back home at work today.  I'm hoping to get a few miles after work today.

qotd: Nothing lately, I think I'm all set. Plus I can't afford it after this past weekend.

tbd.

moonlightrunner

10 tonight. Had a big NADA this weekend. I was in Indiana visiting grand kids. I drove 30 minutes to check out a trail and found they are closed from September through February...unless of course, you are carrying a hunting rifle. 

QOTD: so many things on my list! Osprey Mira 34 for my race, a waterproof jacket, wind pants, and I was looking at alpca wool socks. The list goes on and on.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

What a crappy weather weekend.  I ran anyways.  I ran 11 wet and cold miles Saturday evening and thought about how crappy JFK must have been - but then realized I was running in the same crappy weather .  Then another few miles Sunday in the wind.

QOTD: Nope.  I should look at getting shoes though.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

QOTD: so many things on my list! Osprey Mira 34 for my race, a waterproof jacket, wind pants, and I was looking at alpca wool socks. The list goes on and on.

34 liters is a pretty big pack, what race are you doing?

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Queen of Nothing

Sue

No run this morning but I had planned on it.  I want start a "back to backish" thingy.  So run after the long run instead of taking the day off.

I ran 15.5 yesterday.  It was a nice run along the American River so very runnable.

QOTD:  Funny since I just bought a pair of Salomon Senses this morning and a pair of Kokas for the old man.

Gatsby:  I am on the waitlist for 04/21 Mendocino 50K, thinking Smith Rock May 12th, Ancient Redwood Forest May 19th, Hoping XTreme heals and I can pace him at WS in June,  07/14 Mt Hood 50 miler, 07/28 SOB 50 Miler , and than maybe....maybe....Mountian Lakes 100 but I until 02/17 to decided.     All this is just thinking at this point but with the way things sell out I better act.  I did SOB and it is a nice one.  My husband is going to be gone in January and my running friend and I thought we'd do a little road running trip.  Run Half Moon Bay and then Santa Cruz.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

XtremeTaper

Orthopod visit this morning. He was glad to hear I had been running again, or at least trying to at least. Gave my swollen knee the once over, sent me on my way. Next stop, 5-7 days of rest, then try try again. Maybe some synvisc in my future?

QOTD: Purchased another ortho visit today, with examination, left knee joint aspiration and cortisone. Deductibles and copays met, so I did not actually purchase anything today other than the dollars that go into my premiums.

Queenie - No WS for me. I had no qualifier this year and even if I had I'd be reluctant to throw $400 out on a gamble. Sucks having lost those 16 tickets.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

muppy

5.7 trail miles with 30-40 mph winds.

QOTD I bought a bunch of gift cards to runners warehouse when they had the 25% bonus sale.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

That totally sucks that opting out one year makes you lose your ticket numbers!!!

Queenie - No WS for me. I had no qualifier this year and even if I had I'd be reluctant to throw $400 out on a gamble. Sucks having lost those 16 tickets.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

GC100k

no run today. just an upper-body workout. Swapping Mon/Tue this week due to kids' schedule.

QOTD: I have a credit from a return at runningwarehouse.com and don't really need shoes, so I think I may be getting a hydration vest for xmas.

moonlightrunner

34 liters is a pretty big pack, what race are you doing?

Frozen otter. It did not seem big when I tried it on at my local running/camping store...and I have to carry a sleeping bag on or in it. Maybe I have the size wrong...I will double check when I buy it.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Daydreamer1

Going to try to get out for a few miles.  Hungover from a hard weekend. It'll be another start walking and see if a run breaks out.  Might be 4 miles, might be 7 miles although I'm betting on the 4 miles at this point.

Warden - It's interesting how different your hunting is vs. ours here in PA.  We mostly try to find a place to sit vs. stalking.  I actually prefer the stalking method but we have too much posted land here anymore to do that.

QOTD: Nothing purchased lately.  Going to start looking at shoes as my Bondis are getting to be high mileage. I do have some bike shorts on my Christmas wish list. The old ones are getting stretched out.  The pad hangs so low on the one pair that it looks like I have a load in my pants .  Also would like to get some power blocks. Those are the adjustable dumbbells. Not very cheap though at $300.00 bucks.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

if you need to carry a sleeping bag, then 30-ish liters is probably right

I was curious as 30-ish liters is what I use for a 2-3 day outing, but a sleeping bag does takie up a good chunk of the volume

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √