Trailer Trash

The Tuesdaily (Read 20 times)

Sandy-2

Since I'm 10.5 hours ahead (yes India is 30 minutes different than the typical time zones), I figured I'd kick things off today. Got in at about 11pm last night after being in the plane for 15 hours non-stop from NY.  What a haul, but I did manage to sleep for half of it.

At first light this morning I got up for a run.  It was an easy meander to the nearby Lake Powai, then I ran along the lake for a bit and then made my way back.  Since I've never been here before I brought along the phone to map my way using mapmyrun, although it was a really easy route and I had no problem getting back to the hotel, it's a good safety blanket just in case.  Plus I wanted the phone to snap some pics. I did about 6 miles.

Although I was on the sidewalk in the city, I was pretty much in trail running mode due to the rough terrain.  Here are some photos, sorry some are blurry, it was really rather warm and humid and the lens got sweaty and kinda fogged up.

qotd: I got nothing.

The route:

Looking out towards the lake near mile 1:

Mile 1 - they say there are lots of crocodiles in the lake.

Somewhere about mile 2.5, just be glad you can't experience the smells...

Mile 3: A lot was like this, again with the smells and construction dust. That's a 3-wheel taxi.

Mile 3.5, the turnaround spot. My hotel is back over there somewhere.

Jumped in the little rooftop pool afterwards (que the other day's angelic musical tones again.)

tbd.

XtremeTaper

Think I will run today up at lunch on the local trail. See if I can get out of jog mode and do some tempo. I'll do the usual ~6 mile route.

Last night was lawn mowing with a 3 mile dog jog afterwards. Not much to say about the run. It was warm and the Lady was putzing so it was more of a jog/run/walk type thing.

QOTD: Something  random, funny, ironic, that you observed lately.

Last week I had a scam caller. Get them all the time on my "land line" which is my work office phone. It shows the caller ID/name on my work desktop phone. Typically the names are anonymous, unknown, or some local town name. Last week the name popped up as "Fraud Likely". I cracked up when I saw that and of course had to pick up and engage Mr. Fraud in some conversation. He disconnected after I called out his name a few times.

Sandy - I can still smell Mumbai from my trip there in 2003. Surprised you found a place to run in the chaos, but I guess it was early. Well done!

In dog beers, I've only had one.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

DW joined Tiny Elvis and I yesterday for 4 miles on the trails- gorgeous evening, sunny in the mid 50’s

I get home this evening around 4:30, quick supper and then try to get a few hours of sleep- go in at midnight work to 7:30, punch out and then punch back and work another 8 hours- it won’t be pretty Smile

qotd: dropped my truck off at the tire shop to get the winter tires off/summers on; guy looks on the computer and says he doesn’t show a record of them being stored; I told him I’ve always stored the set not being used there, has a record of all the past ones, just not the last time. told him happy hunting  as they were $1000+ set of tires

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

dhuffman63

Trails

Morning.  Did 3 last night on the TM.  We have storms all through the week and last night's was interesting but I guess tonight there's a chance of tornados.  It is that time.

qotd: Can't think of anything but I will later I'm sure.

I've never been to India but it looks interesting.  I've read stories set there and they make the culture seem so different than what I've grown up with, especially the caste system and how women are treated.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Heading out for a few miles. Band concert of youngerDS  in the evening (percussion). Really looking forward to this. It is still nice outside and warm, but rain is supposed to move in later in the evening.

QOTD: Can’t think of anything right now, but I’m sure a story will pop up in my head on my run.

Run for fun.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

tire shop just called, they were able to find my $1000 tires in storage Smile

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Non running day.

QOTD:  Neither random, funny or ironic but....We had a large tree go down in our yard a few months ago.  It took out an oak tree and lots of bushes.  This is in the front yard which is beyond the fence.  So I was out there cleaning up and marveled at how all the damage vegetation was working at fixing it selves.  The oak tree that is just a 8 foot trunk has foliage sprouting, a rhododendron that had a 8 inch truck has all these little buds bopping out of that thick bark... I just found it very interesting and made me happy.

Sandy:  Thanks for sharing your pictures.  The swim looks great.  People give you weird looks out running?

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I was cleared to start running yesterday! But I am sick so still no running.   But soon.  There is just no reason when I feel so cruddy.

Sandy - nice pics, thanks for sharing.

Marie - enjoy the concert!

QOTD: Can't think of anything either.

But I like XT's story.  I do that from time to time too.  One time, this guy sounded very robotic.  He wasn't responding to my questioning of him and finally I asked "Are you real?"  He stopped and answered "no one has ever asked me that before"...and then went back to his spiel.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

LB2

Just a short loop this morning. I stopped my running streak at 51 days. I turn 51 later this year, so maybe I subconsciously stopped at 51 days.

QOTD: My boss and I had to go to court today on behalf of one of our students who has gotten into a little trouble. So, when I was going in, there were two people who were in front of me, a man and a woman. I could tell they were up to no good. The DA moved our student up to the front of the docket, and after we got finished, we walked outside and started having a conversation with some police officers and other folks that we knew in the courthouse square. It wasn't be a few minutes until I saw the police drag the guy out in handcuffs, and his special lady friend wasn't far behind, also in handcuffs. So, the irony was that they went to court (where you go when you get arrested), only to get kicked out of the courthouse and arrested in the lobby. As best I can tell, they somehow got a cell phone in the courthouse and things escalated from there.

LB2

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Sandy: Very interesting pictures, thanks for sharing. Is running there unusual, or are "Westeners" running there every once in a while?

XT: Love that story! I never thought of using the pop-up name to address scam callers - too funny!

warden: Yay, you saved $1,000 today! 

dhuff: a little scary with the storms. We had one the other day with lots of grape-sized hail. The hail piled up, and it left several tiny craters in the cars' windshields, but luckily did not break them, or leave dents in the metal. Still I'm worrying about passing the next inspection - with the deductible, it's not worth using insurance to replace the windshield, so I'll just wait and see.

Queen: Wonderful to see nature make a comeback after some significant destruction. Will you just leave it to repair itself all the way, or replace some plants anyway?

Jamie: Those late colds are the worst. I hope you'll be better soon and get back into running!

QOTD: So this story from work came back into my mind, which happened maybe a year ago. I still don't know what was behind it.

Me, making a sub sandwich (to order) for a customer, a lady in maybe her 50's. The customer can't really see her sandwich while I am making it, so I always have to ask her questions about what she would like on it or not. It's annoying, but that's how our subshop is set up.

We go through the mayo, lettuce, etc., and get to the different veggies.

Me: Any pickles, olives, banana peppers?

Lady: Olives and banana peppers, please.

I put these on the sandwich, ready to move on to the next step.

Lady: Did you put olives on there?

Me: Yes.

Lady: I do not want olives. I wanted pickles.

Me: OK. Sorry about that. (Taking the olives off, which is a little bit of a hassle, picking the roly-poly things out from between everything else, but no big deal. Putting on pickles.

Me: So it's pickles and banana peppers.

Lady: Oh, no, I wanted pickles and olives!

Me: I just took off the olives, but I can put them on if you want them. Pickles and olives. Any banana peppers?

Lady: Yes, banana peppers.

So I put on the olives again.

Lady: Why are there banana peppers on my sandwich? I wanted pickles and olives!

Me: Pickles and olives, are you sure? No banana peppers?

Lady: Right.

So I take off the banana peppers.

Lady: You put on banana peppers on this?

Me: No? I just took them off?

By now, my coworkers are paying attention, anxiously waiting to see how this would play out.

Lady: I want just banana peppers on my sandwich, nothing else.

Now I'm doubting the lettuce and tomatoes, but I, by no means, will open that can of worms.

So I take off the olives and pickles and put on banana peppers.

Me: I can give you the olives and pickles on the side if you want them.

Lady: Oh no, I just want the olives on my sandwich.

Me:     

So I left the banana peppers on her sandwich and gave her the pickles and olives on the side. What the heck??

I am not sure if she wanted to give me a hard time (it did not feel like it, she really seemed genuinely not know what she wanted), or if she was suffering from some handicap, maybe some memory problem, or some form of speech handicap (like after a stroke), where she would mess up the words and say a different word than what she meant. But it sure tested my patience quite a bit.

Run for fun.

dhuffman63

Trails

I finally have my qotd: It seemed funny and ironic at the time so....

The gym has 6 treadmills in a row and I like the 1st one cause it declines.  Older lady comes in and takes the 3rd one...she's walking slow and holding on to the rails.  No biggie she's pretty out of shape and older.  so...I'm on my last mile of my 3 mile hill workout when this late 20's girl comes and stands just left of my TM pecking away at her phone...she stands there for about 2 minutes and I notice she's wearing quite a bit of perfume.  Has on a tank and capri's, hair up in a pony tail.  Then she gets on the TM right next to me...all the others are open...but no she has to bring her smelliness right there.  So...she starts strolling on the TM, slow as can be all the while on her phone.  Fan blowing her perfume my way as it rotates.  She's preening (best description I have)...fixing her shirt, pony tail.  Finally puts the phone down and speeds up a little and....holds onto the rails.

At first I was annoyed but then I just found the whole thing hilarious.  That's my qotd story.  Marie's sub one was better though that would definitely have pissed me off.

AT-runner

Tim

Sluggish 11 miler on wet trails. lots of climb and very technical. I should probably stop the technical stuff for a while as our race will not have any roots or rocks.

Had a chance to see last weeks dailies, and for an old QOTD, I can add "Spider Webs" to things that annoy me on the trail.  Ran through way too many today. carried a stick for maybe 2 miles.  Sweaty arms and sticky webs really annoy me.

This is the trail after 2.75" of rain over the weekend.

It was either right through it, or rock hopping. I did a mix of both.

Sandy - looks nice. Get a Chai Tea for me.

XT - had a friend who got a scam call from his own cell number. There's a term for when they steal you cell #, can't remember what it is, but he answered and said "This better be me from the future, or you're fucked".

Warden - tire sale was cancelled.

Jamie - Yay!  Dancing banana.

Queen - any action on the house?

LB - what was outcome of your case?

Diane - Ran a trail race with 2 over perfumed women right in front of me. Had to pass or I would have chocked the whole time.

Marie - have fun at concert, and you're too kind.  I would have put extra olives on it and wrapped it up.

QOTD:  Golfing last week in SC, and a lot of alligators were seen on these courses. We were waiting for a group in front to finish on the gree so we could hit our shots, and I looked over at hole next to us. A really big gator climbed out of a pond and was walking right toward a golfer who was addressing his shot. The gator was coming from behind, so he could not see it, but his playing partner in the golf cart had a perfect view. After he hit his shot, he turned around and screamed like a little girl as he ran to the cart and sped off.  I'm sure his friend had just said "hey, look behind you".  Nice friends there.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

FTYC- great story! Smile

warden: Yay, you saved $1,000 today! 

well I was thinking that the tire shop saved themselves $1000 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Good story Marie...I would of handed her a piece of paper and said write it down!

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I read this line and thought ohhhh XT is going to put this description away to use later. 

.  Has on a tank and capri's, hair up in a pony tail.