Trailer Trash

Wicked weather weekender (Read 12 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Our tough weather is here for another couple of days at least- new record low this morning -36, glad I could experience it 

I'm just not though enough to hike in this weather, soo  4 miles (~1500') on the dreadmill, only 2-3 folks in the gym which is surprising given the weather and it's early January

qotw: rooting for anyone this weekend?  rooting for the Bills, such loyal fans would be nice to see them rewarded

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Yike, that looks pretty damn chilly.

Nothing to complain about here, weather-wise.  50s and drizzly on and off for the past few days.  I've got a 35k trail race tomorrow and it might be a tad muddy.

QOTD: since the Niners have a bye this weekend, I'll be rooting for the Browns, Lions, and Packers.  Torn between Bills and Steelers.  Hoping that Dolphins and Chiefs both lose, but that's unlikely.  

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Sandy-2

15 mi this morning really nice running weather, 31°, no wind, and slightly less humidity than usual.  I forgot to mention the other day I saw 3 coyotes in the woods by the lake, the same area I heard them a few weeks ago. It’s kinda cool because the woods are surrounded on three sides by houses and the lake on the other. It’s a pretty big area, but didn’t think there would be so many coyotes there.  I went by the same area this morning but didn’t hear or see them.

As far as the weather is concerned we’re ok now but Tues and Wed next week we’ll have lows between 20 and 25°. That’s cold for around here.

qotd: Rooting for the Texans, their rookie coach, QB and defensive end are overachievers and ahead of the rebuilding efforts.

tbd.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Sandy- looks the Texans have things well in hand 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Impressive work by the Texan’s young QB!

Sandy-2

Yeah the Texans played well. It’ll be interesting to see how they do in the next round.  And to think last year’s record was 3-13-1.

tbd.

LB2

I guess I am going to get a run it this morning (Sunday). I think I am getting sick; throat is a little sore. But I feel pretty good otherwise. I cooked a gumbo yesterday that should be really good today. It looks like mud.

QOTD: I am pretty much oblivious to anything going on with the NFL. But I am for the Texans in whatever they do. I guess.

LB2

runtraildc

Yesterday's morning run was aborted at 2 miles due to rain, cold and wind. Any one of those factors is fine, but wet AND low 40s, nope. I knew things would improve so I went out again in the afternoon for 4 more. Chowder and I dogwalked 3 miles this morning and met the neighborhood great dane puppy. He's over 100 lbs now at 7 months! Chowder is terrified of him, so sniffs started ok, then not ok. Luckily the puppy is the calmest dog I've ever met.

qotd: I can't tell you what is going on with major sports. Hope your teams are doing well.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Well it's warming up; our high today -10, better than the last couple of days but still not excited about hiking in it- maybe tomorrow

4 miles (~1500') on the dreadmill

might be common knowledge, but this calculator lets you estimate elevation gained by entering in the % grade and distance

https://fitfortrips.com/calculate-elevation-gain-on-a-treadmill-hiking-workout/

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

35k trail race today.  Some areas were a little swampy after this week's rain but conditions were better than I was expecting overall.  Nice sunny, crisp day.

QOTD, cont'd: Hope the Steelers and Bills packed their snowsuits for Monday's game.  That'll be a fun one to watch.

Sandy-2

I guess this is a long weekend, since I retired it’s not easy to tell. Anyway it’s MLK day, my DW always read the I Have a Dream text at dinner time - kids still remember and mention it to us.

This morning it was 28°, freezing rain, and windy. Perfect running weather, I did 14 miles that I was supposed to do yesterday (took a SRD yesterday).  Felt good the whole way, the last 5 mi into the biting wind was bracing and felt good.

tbd.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Well I thought today I'd be able to hit the trails- umm no!

4 miles (1500') on the dreadedmill; Tiny Elvis is going bonkers- going to have to go tomorrow no matter what

strength trained after

Pro Tip do your strength training first, then your aerobic workout! Big grin

Got a free week of Paramount so I can watch the Bills game- we get NBC, ABC, Fox and PBS with an antenna, but not CBS 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √