Trailer Trash

Just some Sierra pictures . (Read 33 times)

valerienv

Thread killer ..

We can get up high now most of the snow is gone . One weekend day each week we travel down into the Hoover Wilderness . It borders the Yosemite High Country in the Eastern Sierra . It has less traffic and all the beauty . These are a few from the last couple weeks . The trails usually start at about 7,500' and go up to 11,000' , most don't have hard elevation gains just long gradual gains with huge views . Each week we can get up higher as the snow melts .

Peeler Lake & Barney Lake  ( Peeler Lake is on the border of Yosemite the view below is looking into the Park's backcountry )

Molybdenite Canyon

Beautiful!  Looks a bit like the Bishop High Sierra course (except for the lakes).

I don't think I'm going to make it up to Tahoe this weekend, unfortunately.  Will get in a long run with some climbing closer to home.  Won't be high elevation, but it'll have to do.

I met someone last weekend who's doing Ochoco 50k!  A friend of a friend, in Bend, OR.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Beautiful pics Valerie!  Almost doesn't look real (for us east coasters).  Thanks for sharing!

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

AT-runner

Tim

Who sweeps off the trails to make them all smooth and rock free?  

Beautiful!  Could be screen savers.

Agree with Bert, that this has a surreal feeling compared to our (PA) heavily wooded, rocky, rooted trails.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Sigh.  So beautiful.  I think the Sierra Nevada is my favorite mountain range.  I really hope to get back there and do some extensive backpacking.

Running is dumb.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Where is the drooling emoji when you need one?

Thanks for sharing.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

valerienv

Thread killer ..

Margaret - I think you are going to have a great race and don't really need another run at elevation .

Bert-o - It doesn't always look real to us either .

AT- A lot of trails around here , Tahoe & Eastern Sierra,  are either sandy/decomposed granite or boulder sized rocks . There are some with scree and a few rocks but nothing like you have.

Mandy- My husband is going to do the Matterhorn Canyon loop , I think it's 50 miles , off the beaten path with all the beauty of the more popular Sierra trips.

Dr. Jamie - I feel pretty lucky to see these places .

XtremeTaper

Very nice... thanks for sharing. So much different than our tunnels of green here in the east.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Valerie...so beautiful.  I have been wanted to see the back side of Yosemite.   How far of a drive from Reno is that?  Just did my first backpacking trip and am hooked...my leave this forum and go to a backpackers forum   Hmmm Matterhorn Canyon Loop...

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

valerienv

Thread killer ..

Sue,  it's about 2.5 hours to Bridgeport . You can find a couple of YouTube videos on the Matterhorn Canyon trip , also called Benson Lake loop. You can park at Mono Village for $10 up to 10 days . I'm not sure about the permits, part of the trip is in the Hoover Wilderness and part is in Yosemite . There are lots of options from there . This  good blog by a family from Carson City who do a lot of backpacking trips in the Eastern Sierra https://thepathlessbeaten.com/.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Beautiful! 

2024 goal 2024 miles

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

LB2

I don't know if there is a more beautiful place on earth, maybe the Alps???

LB2

Sandy-2

I can feel the crisp air.  Thanks.

tbd.

runtraildc

+1. And my feet are aching to jump into that lake (and yes, I know they'll go numb in seconds )

Where is the drooling emoji when you need one?

Thanks for sharing.

Ultra Cowboy

My Parents have my youngest daughter  and three horses in the Tahoe area until the 9th.

WYBMADIITY

Save