Trailer Trash

Good Luck DHuffman Fridaily (Read 20 times)

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Wishing Dhuff the best of times this weekend.  Go get it! Have a blast!

I ran 2 last night.  Apparently Queen thinks of me in the mornings and I think of her in the evenings.  

QOTD: Christmas/Holiday shopping - done? haven't started? Don't shop? Don't care? Do you enjoy it?

Umm..started but no where near done.  I hate shopping.  We did get the kids a trampoline for the back yard this year.  They are going to love it.  Now I just have to figure out how to set it up Christmas eve in the dark after they go to bed?!?!?

Have a great weekend!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I rode the bike trainer last night and climbed a damn mountain on Zwift.  It certainly made the time go by faster.

QOTD: I'm done, because I don't have to start.    My family doesn't do gifts and it's the best thing ever.

Good luck dhuffman this weekend!  We believe in you!

Running is dumb.

XtremeTaper

Yes, go DHuffman!!

Luck, as someone once told me is solid preparation combined with favorable circumstances.

Nice day today, sunny and crisp. Doubt if I will run though, but perhaps. I will do gym stuff at lunch.

Ran 5 miles last night with the Lady out on the hills of Coventry Woods. I real clunkfest. Just as I started to finally get comfortable with my creaky left knee my right knee has joined the fun with some odd pains and niggles which are reminiscent of you know what. It's been doing that for the past week or two. Perhaps it just needs a good long run?!

QOTD: Yes, but we don't buy many gifts. Typically just a few small items for my sister and BIL, niece and her husband since we visit them between Christmas and New Years. Switched from Buckeye gear this year to Browns gear, plus a gift card for a nice local (not chain) restaurant in their town down in GA, shutterfly calendar with old and new photos of their kids, grandkids, and such. Organized the photos based on monthly events (kids, grandkids birthdays, wedding dates, etc) or seasonal stuff.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

runtraildc

Haven't run yet today, but the plan is for 4 miles in the woods by the pool later today. Kiddo wants to practice driving right before swim practice. His first time behind the wheel . I figure I will need the run to de-stress after that experience.

qotd: We don't do much. We're giving the gift of time a lot this xmas. I.e. fixing ipad and iphone screens, plane tickets, some garden upgrades and a few nice holiday dinners. We're staying home this year for the first time since younger DS was born. Looking forward to all of it. I'm a huge fan of the mellow holiday that focuses on shared experiences and not presents.

Good luck DHuffman!

LB2

Good luck D!!

I ran a short loop this morning, easy. I have been running fast more than normal lately. It was nice to take it easy this morning.

QOTD: We have some done, but we have more to do. I think we are going to the outlet mall and Cabela's on Dec. 20th. I think my wife spent all the Christmas Club money, but that is okay. I have a little back up and she gets paid on the 20th. It all works out about the same in the end: Everyone is happy and broke until February.

LB2

AT-runner

Tim

I ran 2 last night.  Apparently Queen thinks of me in the mornings and I think of her in the evenings.  

That would be the drunk Sue, if it's after 6:00.   Drunk Sue is fun, but I'm sure you can run faster and longer than drunk Sue.

No run today. Longish road run tomorrow, and then hunting is over, so I can get back to the trials that I love.

Dhuff - good luck. Just keep moving forward and don't spend too much time at the AS's, that can really eat up your time.

QOTD:  No.  Did good on Cyber Monday, but then slacked off.  Plus 2 of our kids have birthday's in December, so we need to get a package shipped to Oregon. Plenty of time.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Go Dhuff!  Have fun with the RWOL gals.

Strength training this morning.  Fat ass 50k in San Francisco tomorrow.

QOTD: ordered DH’s coveralls. Can’t go wrong with Dickies right?  Need to pick up a few things for the nieces and nephews.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Bert-o

I lost my rama

dhuffman - Go nail that race!!!

Dr J - Trampoline sounds like a ton of fun for the kids (and adults ).  I'm sure they'll love it.  Good luck putting it together though.

Mandy - Nice work on the trainer!

XT - Sorry about your right knee wanting to keep the left knee company, or is it just jealous of all the attention?  Not sure if a long run is the answer, but I certainly wouldn't discourage that.  Going from the Buckeyes to the Browns on the other hand.... you do like punishment, don't you?

runtrail - Have fun with the kiddo behind the wheel.  If I were in your shoes, I'd probably have a beer or three.  Not sure if a run would do it.

LB2 - I bet you'd feel like a kid in the candy store at Cabela's.  I have to go to PA for the nearest one, but it's an awesome place to wander and shop.

AT - Glad you can hit those trails again this weekend.  Weather should be nice.

Gatsby - Have fun at the fat ass tomorrow!

QOTD:  Don't do a lot of holiday shopping lately, just a few things.  I'm less of a shopper and more of a gatherer, so I enjoy not having to think. 

Didn't get my nightly trail run in last night (had to work late).  But I'll leave work early today and get some miles in.  Should still be light out, so that will be a nice change.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

give 'em hell dhuff!

got 3 miles yesterday afternoon with Tiny E- crisp 17 degrees, our high for the day

my buddy was headed back to Missoula today, but wanted to squeeze in a run thi morning; temp at the trailhead was 1 degree this morning 

anyways, we managed to get a nice 6 mile run in despite the temperature

qotd: DD and SIL want to get both the kids iPads and no other gifts, so we sent a check; the adults agreed to no gifts, but instead a family vacation lakeside (location yet to be determined) this summer; DW and I are getting a new computer in lieu of exchanging gifts, so I'm done Smile

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

AT-runner

Tim

Finally had time to read all the dailies.

Jamie - I know you don't have alcohol in your house, but if you bought some you might get help on Dec 24th with that trampoline.   Had one for years with the kids.  Son used to flip his bike on it. Not too bad to put together. Start at the 12:00 position and then do 6:00 and then 3:00 and the 9:00.  Count out the spaces so you're on, and it makes the springs go on much easier. Frame goes together really easy.

MM - Sue called me out when I said DW and I were getting a studio bike for indoors. Should be here in 2 weeks. Can't wait to ride some hills.

XT - Ouch. Hope it's just a niggle and nothing bad. My knee have been pretty good.  Are you doing Longwood for the holiday lights? Think we're going next Tuesday or the one after that.

DC - Trails by Martin Luther King pool?  Remember, for Washington DC area drivers, knowing how to flip the bird is one of the first driving lessons learned.

LB - Did you find out who sent the Cat in dress blues?

Gatsby - Love Fat Ass events. The low key atmosphere is most enjoyable.  Have fun.

Bert - Saw on Nat Geo TV several ads for Free Solo. Must be pushing it up in preparation for Oscar season.

Mike - looks like that smile froze on your face. Pretty cold out there.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

MM - Sue called me out when I said DW and I were getting a studio bike for indoors. Should be here in 2 weeks. Can't wait to ride some hills.

Excellent!  What did you get?  I have a smart trainer now, which is pretty cool.  Will you be able to Zwift?  Maybe I'll see you in Watopia!

Running is dumb.

AT-runner

Tim

Excellent!  What did you get?  I have a smart trainer now, which is pretty cool.  Will you be able to Zwift?  Maybe I'll see you in Watopia!

NordicTrack S2.  They have their own programs, not sure if Zwift is supported or not. It was the bike that fit the 2 of us best and easily converts from one to the other. Didn't like the hand position of some I tried.

runtraildc

A few options. Maybe different since you've lived over there, I usually cross over NH by the library and connect up with the trails on Northwest Branch at the bottom of Quiet Acres. That side has some nice singletrack and it's usually very quiet, except for occasional dogwalkers.  Especially quiet now with all the mud.The other option is to connect from the paved trails around MLK to a trail along Paint Branch. Paved, but I can get onto the dirt in a couple of sections and get in 4-6 miles, easy. Enough time during swim practice. Northwest Branch is a local secret. Next time you and DW are in town and want a short, less mountainess run, let me know.

I'll make sure DS learns that very important lesson. Need to learn how to honk obnoxiously, too. Oh, oops. He's probably learned all of that already. Damn 'setting an example'.

DC - Trails by Martin Luther King pool?  Remember, for Washington DC area drivers, knowing how to flip the bird is one of the first driving lessons learned.

AT-runner

Tim

A few options. Maybe different since you've lived over there, I usually cross over NH by the library and connect up with the trails on Northwest Branch at the bottom of Quiet Acres. That side has some nice singletrack and it's usually very quiet, except for occasional dogwalkers.  Especially quiet now with all the mud.The other option is to connect from the paved trails around MLK to a trail along Paint Branch. Paved, but I can get onto the dirt in a couple of sections and get in 4-6 miles, easy. Enough time during swim practice. Northwest Branch is a local secret. Next time you and DW are in town and want a short, less mountainess run, let me know.

I'll make sure DS learns that very important lesson. Need to learn how to honk obnoxiously, too. Oh, oops. He's probably learned all of that already. Damn 'setting an example'.

Only option I had was at the end of Jackson Road to PB Trail. Took that towards Randolph Rd.

Quaint Acres - wow, that's a road name I haven't thought of in years. We lived in the neighborhood behind White Oak Library. Had 2 friends live on that road (or Apple Grove, can't recall) . Was always exciting crossing New Hampshire Ave on a bike to get to their houses. That must go towards Greenway Trail. Old memories.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Awesome run this mornings ng...cool air... damp leaves... yellow sun casting orange sparkles on the trees.  6.5 miles... and new girl showed so we had to wait a bit for her.....hmmm that may explain why I was hammering the hills pretty good  crap I thought I was strong guess it was just the breacks.

Qotd: We sometimes do stockings...maybe I’ll decorate ....no wait the living has been changed into a temporary workshop.. where would the tree go

Duffman have a great run....just enjoy yourself and live in the moment.

AT:  Drunk Sue???  Maybe slightly buzzed Sue 

Jamie:  and day 2 done

runtrail: How’s your streak going?

Gatsby:  Have a fun 50k this weekend

Warden:  Nice picture...looks like your eyes are a bit froze shut.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄