Trailer Trash

Facebook Friday (Read 23 times)

LB2

I managed to get about 3 miles in yesterday. I did another 2.5 this morning before work. I think I will stop at 50 straight days, or maybe I will take a break on May 1st. Then again, I may keep on going. This little streak project has been pretty cathartic for me. I feel normal when I run every day.

QOTD: Do you spend much time on Facebook or Twitter or some other social media thing?

Lately, I haven't spent much time on any of it. I check things out some during the day, but I am sort of tired of it, too much drama.

(On QOTD: That was the only thing I could come up with today, pretty lame.)

LB2

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Fast Fridays...or at least that is how I have been posting my Friday events on FB.  The goal is to keep running the same 5 mile cross and see if we can beat last weeks time.  So this week time wise it was exactly the same, but the distance was like a tenth more.  So average pace was 10 seconds faster.

QOTD:  Yea probably a bit too much.  Funny though you can tell a lot of people are weaning themselves from it, or it's the FB controlling my feed, but there's not much new stuff on there.

LB2:  Don't forget, on Fridays you always have the weekends plans question.

Weekend Plans?   There's a fun Mt Bike race in the woods by my house.  It's invitation only and word of mouth.  They have a band playing there tonight.  I love parties in the woods!  Saturday is chore day.  Sunday is long run and than going to watch the Mt Bike race.  It's loads of fun.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

dhuffman63

Trails

I did 7 miles yesterday, 2 on the track at the gym at lunch and then 5 on the TM at home after work.  I was supposed to go up to the gym after work and meet with the trainer today but I've had a headache since yesterday afternoon and can't shake it.

qotd: This forum is about the only one I'm active on.  I check/post on FB infrequently now.  Sue I've noticed too it's very repetitive or maybe my perception has changed but I'm tired of the same stories same drama.

We're still going to the Ren Faire but there's a 40% chance of rain.  Looks like rain every day starting tomorrow through next Friday.  Today is going to be nice but of course I'm at work.

NorthernHarrier

Just doing lots of chores, fun work though as I'm up north and working outside. Lake opened yesterday and then it started to rise. I'm now on an island as my drive is now flooded over. Hauled a crap load of stuff to the dump this morning as I said before my place was starting to look like it was in Arkansas.  Have to head down to Minocqua today as they have a hardware store there that is awesome and I need things so I will stop by some nice trails on the way. Not sure how long I'll run as I have to test my calf and see if it's good to go for Sundays 20k.

LB-- I've always wondered how many miles per time you have to do to consider it a run to keep a streak alive. Is there a universal criteria? When hiking with Mandy a couple weeks ago for some reason I ran about 100' and jokingly said I can call our hike a run now.

QOTD--No facebook. Never have and never will.

QOTD 2- Gonna head home mid day tomorrow. Going to be some crappy weather statewide. Maybe a 20k trail race on Sunday otherwise I have no special plans. Just be in Madison for a few days.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Tiny Elvis and I got in 6 trail miles yesterday, saw the first crocus of the year- about a month late, but better late than never 

probably hit the gym after work (normally have Friday’s off)

we have some major construction near our site that necessitates having to have manned 24 coverage, which means we have to work more the next couple of months- the good news is it’s all overtime

qotd: no Facebook (or other) for me

qotd2: long run/hike Sunday- other than that, pretty low key

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

LB2

LB2:  Don't forget, on Fridays you always have the weekends plans question.

Weekend Plans?   There's a fun Mt Bike race in the woods by my house.  It's invitation only and word of mouth.  They have a band playing there tonight.  I love parties in the woods!  Saturday is chore day.  Sunday is long run and than going to watch the Mt Bike race.  It's loads of fun.

Dang Sue!!! I totally forgot that question because I was thinking about what I was going to do this weekend.

Weekend Plans:

1. Yardwork

2. Hunt

3. Run

4. Beer

5. Music

LB2

LB2

LB-- I've always wondered how many miles per time you have to do to consider it a run to keep a streak alive. Is there a universal criteria? When hiking with Mandy a couple weeks ago for some reason I ran about 100' and jokingly said I can call our hike a run now.

I don't have a real strict criteria. Mainly, I just need a focused effort to cover a certain amount of ground, which varies. If I have a purpose to what I am doing, I will probably count it for the streak. It is just a way to keep me motivated.

LB2

Sandy-2

The plan is to leave work early and run this afternoon.  And.... I'm determined to follow the plan today.

You guys look and sound really nice today, seeings how you are now coming through my brand new shiny work computer.  I went from a MS/Surface Pro to a Dell.  The Surface was nice but it had it's quirks, and now we have converted to a Dell shop so I had no choice.  It's a cool new travel model so it's the same size and weight as the surface. I'm still setting it up the way I like it, but figured I'd make sure that I can still see you guys !!!!   

qotd: I look at FB to basically see what my DS and DD are up to.  I do even post something 3 or 4 times a year. I also seem to get less stuff from my 'friends' and more junk based on 'stuff I recently looked at'.  There's a lot more junk than friend posts these days.  I also have a Twitter account that I only use to follow irunfar for Hard Rock or WS.

qotd2: just hanging out, we may go see our DD do two endurance rides up near Waco this weekend.  She and I have tentatively made plans to squeeze in some running time on the horse trails.  By the way, that's why Box-of-Rox is off the schedule. 

tbd.

LB2

qotd: I look at FB to basically see what my DS and DD are up to.  I do even post something 3 or 4 times a year. I also seem to get less stuff from my 'friends' and more junk based on 'stuff I recently looked at'.  There's a lot more junk than friend posts these days.  I also have a Twitter account that I only use to follow irunfar for Hard Rock or WS.

I am a major Twitter junkie for WSER, Hardrock, and UTMB. It is bad during those weekends, really bad.

LB2

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Not much going on.  Sitting at work wondering why I am here on a Friday.

QOTD1: I do have FB but only check it infrequently - mostly for running related stuff.  I do spend time on IG and check frequently.  I like the quick visual updates on there moreso than FB.

QOTD2: No rea plans.  Maybe some yard work.

Have a great weekend!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Easy 3.3 miles.

Had a surprise in the mail, an invoice from the car rental company from my Whiskey Basin trip.  Apparently I incurred a toll near Denver while I was in Prescott, AZ.      The customer service rep at the toll authority was not at all helpful, so I had to ask for a supervisor.  She handled everything fine.  The problem was incorrect data input from a toll booth photo.  Just to be sure, I also called the rental car company and they said it would be taken care of and the charges removed.

qotd 1:  Probably spend more time on FB than I should, but I am an admin for several groups.

qotd 2:  Watching Penn Relays, getting in some short runs between the events I'm really interesrted in, and watching the London Marathon.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

XtremeTaper

Run last night with the Lady at Warwick Park. 6 miles or so. Various levels of off/on rain. The heaviest being when were out in the open meadow for a mile. The Lady was on a grass eating fest last night. I finally leashed her to get her to stop plus I wanted to keep moving. It was so funny. As I was running her on the leash she'd spy a tasty looking piece of wild grass and would lean down and snap it while I shouted no. She did this dozens of times. It was crazy. 

Gym stuff today at lunch. They were installing some new crazy contraption, I could not make out what it was, but they were drilling into the floor to secure it and it made quite a screechy racket. Echoed liked crazy as it's a high ceiling open warehouse type building. Some sort of stretching/balancing medieval torture device I think. Might run tonight, depending on levels of rain/storms and mood.

QOTD: Nope, never have been on any of those sites. I have a linked in account but rarely check it.

Weekend plans. Get the pool fired up so I can start luxuriating in the hot tub. I have a big pile of mulch to move as well. Weeded out all the flower beds in the back forty so ready to dress things up. Need to plant the canna bulbs and elephant ears but that is probably a next week job.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

6 wonderful miles on Rattlesnake Mountain, no rattlesnakes anywhere to be seen. Maybe it's the rain that keeps them off the trails, they usually lie there to bask in the sunshine.

Saw three deer, and the first flowering rhododendron already (a month early!).

QOTD: I don't have FB or Twitter, or any other social media account. This site here is the only site I am active on. Don't like drama, and get my news from other sources.

QOTD2: Work, and take care of DS who is a bit under the weather right now. Got a call from the school nurse a few hours ago, and on top of it all, DS got hit with a golf club in the face this morning. Nurse said nothing to worry about, just a big bruise on his cheek - wait, nothing to worry about?? I hit myself in the face once quite hard, with the handle of a spade. I had just a light bruise, but I worried I had broken a bone because it hurt pretty bad. So if DS has a "big bruise", I don't even want to imagine how it must have felt. So I'm waiting for him to come home and then decide if it's going to be a weekend to worry, or if he's fine. 

Run for fun.

AT-runner

Tim

SRD today.  We had hail and thunderstorms roll through earlier today, so very glad I wasn't running the American Odyssey Relay Race, that started in Gettysburg today and heads towards DC.  We also have the Gettysburg Marathon (in town) and Ironmasters's (in the woods). Lots of nearby running.

Where's GC been? He did Ironmaster's last year.  I thought I'd be out of town, so I didn't sign up to mark the course this year.

QOTD 1:  Only follow a few people on FB (many are here). If you post any political posts, I'm unfollowing you.  I follow several running and Appalachian Trail sights, plus some medical sights. Some good information if you can stay away from the drama and ego's.  Twitter for sports info (National's baseball and iRun Far, etc), and IG for kids pictures since they don't use FB anymore.

QOTD 2:  20 miler on the trails tomorrow.  Might be an AT out and back or a mix of trails, still deciding.  Sunday, shorter run and going to see DS's band play at the Gettysburg Marathon. They have a 3 hour set while the 1/2 marathon finishes and while they wait for marathon runners to come in.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Daydreamer1

Really wanted to get in a bike ride or a run. Not sure what i'll do though as we've had some really nice thunder boomers roll through the area today and the possibility of more.  If I get out for anything it will probably just be 4 miles.  More likely I'll just lift tonight and maybe do a short TM jog.

WC - DW and I were just discussing the potential issues with the photo toll booths. We drove through quite a few down in FL back in late February.  Still haven't gotten a bill yet so not sure if we will.  That's the nice thing about having a beat up plate on your vehicle.

XT - So do you only run your hot tub in the summer?  Seems like you missing out on sitting in it in the middle of a snow storm .  I have several friends that have them and they love doing that.  Of course it can get rather expensive to keep it heated if it's not well insulated.

QOTD1:  A little bit on FB.  Only to check up on things like races and occasionally to stalk someone .  It's actually amazing what you can find out about people.  I'll interact with people in my job and be quite sure they are lying to me about pertinent information.  A quick search on FB often will reveal the truth.   Mostly I can't stand social media and attribute a good bit of our society's decline to it.

Of course I do hang out here fairly regular and read some over on mtbr.com as well as slowtwitch.  Then I will read a lot on some investment forums. I rarely post on those as there is just too much inane fighting.

QOTD2:  Weekend plans.

1: Kill dandelions

2: Clean the garage

3: Kill dandelions

4: Finish bike project

5: Kill dandelions

6: Run, walk or bike ride

7: Kill dandelions

8: Change oil in tractor

9: Kill dandelions

10: Do some of my work from home projects so I can boost my pay to buy more spray material to..................

11: Kill more dandelions!!!!!!!!!!!