Trailer Trash

Motorboating Monday (Read 30 times)

bagge_pants

Sounds catchy.

I attacked myself with a thera-cane yesterday and prodded my legs until they felt great. Then did some speedwork which o havent done since jan 1.

3x400,4×100 to equal 6:03 total running time

2×800 to equal 6:13 total running time

7 miles overall with warm up, recoveries and cool down

Used a measured part of a muddy road and the air temp was 45ish. Hallelujah!

Today after work probably the gym

Qotd: whats your favorite stretch?

I dont know, probably none. Maybe just toe walking. Or a 10 min yoga routine.

AT-runner

Tim

Mondays suck!  Just saying.

Usual SRD but might run a few miles at lunch.  Wasn't feeling good yesterday so I went for a short walk instead of a run.  Didn't help, so I sat and watched TV all afternoon. Hoping a short run today will clear my chest a bit.

QOTD:  In the morning, when I bend over to put on my socks, that feels like a stretch.    I don't stretch anymore, and it has kept me injury free for a long time.  Now rollers and thera-canes I do use if I get tight calves or quads.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

XtremeTaper

Weekend catch up... 16 miles Saturday on the road. Gulp. Long time since I've done longer than 7 or 8 on the road. Went ok. Middle miles were best as I was out running some nice quiet roads that I hadn't been on since my road marathon days. Sunday, 5 miles on the snow covered trails of Green Lane. The trail was packed down for maybe 3 miles out of 5, but the further I got from the parking lot the less footprints. About 2 miles of breaking trail. 75 minutes for the "run". Glad to be out in the woods though after a long week of road running.

Today. Might take a rest day though the weather is mild so maybe a short road run after work.

QOTD: Bridge, toe lifts, straight leg lifts. I pretty much do those daily.

Sunday QOTD: All my 50 milers have been done in the east. I should say JFK50 is my favorite as it was  my best race ever in terms of execution and finishing time. However I enjoyed trail courses more like Virgil Crest and Bull Run Run. Bull Run Run is a good running trail course, plenty of hills but no real mountains. Virgil Crest is climb/descend repeat about 8 zillion times it seems.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

LB2

I will run 5 after work. I'm getting tired of the 5 milers. If I can't get a couple of good back to backs in next weekend, I may bail on my 100 next month. Actually, I probably won't bail on it either way, but I should bail on it. I can probably run/walk/think my way to the finish line.

QOTD: I do have to stretch my piriformis regularly, but that is about the only one I do.

LB2

AT-runner

Tim

I can probably run/walk/think my way to the finish line.

Muscle memory and a brain amnesia can get you through a lot.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

NHLA

Speed work with Sandy this afternoom.

qotd  Tai Chi form. I walk a mile before I start running.

muppy

I squeezed in 4.2 miles last night.

QOTD I  do a yoga class once a week and that's about the extent of my stretching.  My favorite "stretch" there is the savasana pose.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

4.3 this morning.  It was cold and sunny so very pleasant run.  The dogs were very excited, since it's been awhile and pulled me for at least a mile.  It's February 1st I'm done being a schlep; going to get some consistent runs in here.  Gym at lunch for core.

QOTD:  I never stretch as part of running but we do after class in the gym.  My favorite is Crescent Lunge Pose- Anjaneyasan.  It's a yoga position so the only time I feel like I am doing yoga.  Basically a long lunge with your hands in the air (like you don't care!)

LB@:  Shit dude you have a hundy next month!! !  Does that mean March or April?  April ok , March umm didn't realize you were training long, 

NHLA:  Sandy your dog or a friend?

Muppy?  Funny boy...I googled it!

Gator Eye:  Marquette 50 is a goal of mine.  My family keep screwing it up by getting married at wrong times of the year.  This year I am going back first week of November.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

LB2

LB@:  Shit dude you have a hundy next month!! !  Does that mean March or April?  April ok , March umm didn't realize you were training long, 

March 19th. I ran a 100+ mile run in November, a 40 miler in December, and about a 27ish mile run on the course last month. I am sure I can get a couple of B2B 20's and a 50K in over the next several weeks and be fine. I think this one will be about 108 to 110, but it has a 32 hour time limit.

LB2

runtraildc

Hi trailers.   Yesterday ended up a rest day and today will be a lot of the same.  I'm been fighting some stomach issues so no running.  And the weather has turned quite warm (50s-60s) so the snow is melting fast.  Should be able to see the trails without ice later this week!

qotd: anything right now stretching the psoas, hips and quads.  And muppy, if yoga class was 90% savasana, I'd go everyday.

Gator eye

Did six in the mud, best way I know to break in new shoe

QOTD: I try to stretch my hips before and after if I don't they lock up and hurt like hell the next day.

Queen- Marqutte is well worth doing if you get a chance.

Daydreamer1

Just crawled out of bed.  Trying to get myself in order and feeling good then I'll head out for  a 6-8 mile road run.

QOTD:  None, none and none.  I totally hate stretching yet I really, really need it. Whenever I do just a little bit I definitely feel better.  That being said, I like walking lunges the best. While that may not be considered a true stretch it does loosen my hamstrings and glutes.  Helps me to avoid running with the old man shuffle.

NHLA

Sue  this is Sandy.

DigDug2

8 on the TM at lunch.  Raced yesterday (indoor track, about as diametrically opposed to trail running as you can get so I won't go into it further), today was nice and easy recovery run.

QOTD:  I do minimal stretching, basically the same post-run stretching I've done for 30 years.  Quads, hamstrings, calves.  Since last year I've added heel drops to the routine to keep my achilles pain-free.

Wandering Wally

5 miles on Saturday and then 6 miles on Sunday. Mostly on the rail trail. Our local trail system is working towards being multi-use next winter so I'll be able to continue running in the woods. Yay! Currently they ban anything not a skier from the ski trails as the local xc ski club pays for the grooming. Fair enough. But, I get tired of the rail trail and the roads after a few months.

QOTD: Stretching? What's that?

Queen - I did the Marquette 50K a couple years ago. The course is spectacular. I had a blast. Once my kids are grown I might consider doing it again.

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast