Trailer Trash

Wednesdaily (Read 22 times)

AT-runner

Tim

Morning, Trashers.  Another cold morning in South Central PA. 38° overnight but supposed to turn to Spring later today.

Should have time for a few miles over lunch today.  Probably just around roads near work.  Busses, busses everywhere in town the past 10 days or so. It's field trip time for a lot of school kids.

RIP - Tim Conway, you were one funny guy.

QOTD:  What TV shows  (or radio shows for George ) do you remember most growing up?   My parents loved the Carol Burnett show, and we watched it as a family, but for me, it was detective shows like Baretta and Starsky and Hutch.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

XtremeTaper

Six miles last night with the Lady out at Coventry Woods. Good place to run after heavy rain as the steep slopes run the water away and only a few low sections up top on the ridge collect water. That said the trails were damp and sort of squishy but not too bad. We did my new out/back sort of route to avoid the worst of the mud spots, plus I like the route for a change of pace out there. Gives me 2 miles of flat up top on the ridge. Cool out there last night, but just some drizzle and no heavy rain.

Today, plan for a lunchtime or evening faster/tempo run out on the local trail. Need to mow the lawn again. It grows in front of your eyes with all this rain.

QOTD: About the same as you AT for the shows. Huggie Bear! Remember as a small kid watching all the comedies too, Munsters, Batman, Gilligans Island, etc.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I'm waiting for the spring weather later today before I run.

qotd:  Ii don't really remember the radio shows, but there are a lot of early TV shows I remember: The Lone Ranger, Hopalong Cassidy, The Red Skelton Show, Howdy Doody, I Love Lucy, Adventures of Superman, Your Show of Shows, Captain Gallant, Tarzan, Rin Tin Tin, Lassie, lots more.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Sandy-2

Did 7 mi this morning.  Another perfect weather run, mid 40’s great sunrise.  Ran up river and did a lap around Battersea Park.

qotd: First ones that came to mind just now were Star Trek and Laugh In.  We also watched the Smothers Brothers and Carol Burnett ‘cause our Mom liked them.

tbd.

dhuffman63

Trails

That 3 mile hill workout yesterday must have kicked my butt cause I fell asleep in my chair after dinner and at 9 DH woke me to go to bed.  Slept like the dead all night.  Might also be allergies as they are pretty bad and I've been outside a lot the last couple of days.

Co-worker and I are going to walk the big hill up to the fitness center and then down again a couple of times at lunch.  She's got some sort of spinal arthritis so we walk no more than a mile and slow at that.  I figure it's good to get up and walking.

I also have a chiro appt after work.  I can actually feel my hips are wonky by the way I have been walking so hopeful for a fix before Possum. I'm looking forward to this race no matter what happens.  I'm so happy to be excited about ultras again but I am SO undertrained.

qotd: I remember mostly the Wild Kingdom and then Disney on Sundays.  We'd have an early dinner then popcorn while everyone sat and watched the show.  Also the original Star Trek.  I still remember my brother and I staying up late and watching horror movies on an old black and white TV.

NorthernHarrier

Rain during the night and a subtle weather change. Still nice but a steady breeze from the north. As a fisherman you kind of say 'oh crap'. Cold front conditions. Going to be heading out for 6 on the paved bike trails. I'll do some 3-4 minute pickups in there just to get the legs turning over. After that a short mt. biking session then I have to load the canoe and fishing equipment and head home. DW is having her retirement party tomorrow night. Should be fun.

QOTD--Hogans Heroes and the Beverly Hillbillies come to mind and also Mannix. Loved that show when I was young then I watched it years later on cable and thought "man, this is really lame". 

runtraildc

4 easy miles yesterday. Perfect running weather- light breeze and low 50s. Not complaining about the unseasonably cool weather we're having.

qotd: wild kingdom and Disney. 

AT-runner

Tim

qotd: wild kingdom and Disney. 

Marlin Perking - While Jim is out there wrestling that rhino,  I'll be right up here sitting in the studio safe and sound.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Tim did you read about the murder on the AT?  really sad Sad

5 miles of heat training for Tiny Elvis and I, it’s a toss up of who hates the heat more! Smile

probably get out for 4-5 after work today

qotd: I watched a lot of different shows, but the ones I really liked were Wild, Wild West and Man from UNCLE

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

AT-runner

Tim

Tim did you read about the murder on the AT?  really sad Sad

Yes, I follow a few AT forums and it was all over the forums after his first attack in TN.  looks like the person who he attacked in TN didn't want to press charges, so they let him go, and then he attacks the 2 people in VA, killing one.  He was looking to cause trouble. Proof that the 2 legged creatures are usually more cause for concern than the 4 legged ones.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Yes, I follow a few AT forums and it was all over the forums after his first attack in TN.  looks like the person who he attacked in TN didn't want to press charges, so they let him go, and then he attacks the 2 people in VA, killing one.  He was looking to cause trouble. Proof that the 2 legged creatures are usually more cause for concern than the 4 legged ones.

agreed, the reason I rarely pack in the backcountry, but pretty religiously around town

Im thinking even a small sized OC spray may have changed the outcome

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

LB2

Easy run this morning. It wasn't as fast as yesterday, but it was good.

QOTD: This is a wonderful question. Hogan's Heroes, Three's Company, The Carol Burnette Show, and Mash were my favorite shows. I wish people still appreciated humor like they used to. I still do, but it seems like folks are far more uptight now than they used to be.

LB2

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Ran almost 6 in the rain this morning.  We are going to have a week of rain which I am happy for...wash all that pollen away!

QOTD:  Of course Carrol Burnette, Laugh In. Wide World of Sports, All in the Family, The Jefferson's (Weasy), Good Times, Room 222, Mary Tyler Moore...and what the girls said...totally remember Sunday night Wild Kingdom and then Disney.

NH:  Congratulations to the wifey on retiring.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Daydreamer1

Jsut got back from 7 miles of a run/walk with DW.  Lovely weather. Now she's heading out to mow the yard while i sit back with a cold soda ,  uh. get ready for work. Signed up for a 8 hour shift on what may be the nicest day of the week .

I didn't hear about the murder, that's sad.   It's also why I never go anywhere without something to neutralize a threat if need be.  What I just don't understand is why, why, why when someone is causing problems and even assaults someone so many people don't  want to press charges .  It just boggles my mind although I don't know the circumstances surrounding that case.

QOTD:  Didn't have a TV growing up and limited exposure to the radio as well.  When we would go to visit my grandparents, who did have a TV, we would be allowed to watch Emergency and Hogan's Heros. Still like both of them to this day.   Emergency ranks right up there with MASH for being my favorite.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

if the people who were assaulted were thru hiking; they may not wanted to back track 100’s of miles or be delayed for a week or longer

in hindsight I’m sure they wish they had Sad

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √