Trailer Trash

Throwback Thurdaily (Read 21 times)

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Ran 3.33 last night.  It's all I could sneak in before DS2 practice.  Tonight DS1 has practice so similar deal maybe.

Welcome az2mntrail - keep posting!

QOTD: Best childhood memory - go.

For me - it was the times I played in the woods.  Our house was in a woodsy area and I remember exploring, building forts, getting lost, etc.  I wish I lived in that type of area now so my kids could experience that.  They like being outside but it only lasts for a time before they want to come in to a screen of some kind.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

LB2

Got out the door to a hard rain sent to me by Sandy, I guess. It came from his way, so I'll blame him. It was a little too hard for me to run in this morning, so I went back inside and did a little super set with dumbbells. I need to work that in more often. The rain has ended, and it has cooled off considerably. I may run this evening, but I need to get my gear back out for one last push to kill one more deer in the morning on a special hunt. I have never hunted deer this late, but we'll see what happens.

QOTD: I think running/hiking through the woods to different fishing holes during the summer. It was usually with the two grandsons of a guy who worked for my dad. We had a lot of fun. It must be part of the reason I feel more comfortable moving across uneven ground rather than pavement.

LB2

XtremeTaper

No exercise yet today. I do plan to get out around the lunch hour for a few miles before the heavy rain settles in and also plan to go the gym after work for my strength routine.

Ran about 5 last night on the rocky side of the lake. Not much to report. A pretty quiet, slow, and uneventful run. Not as muddy as I expected over there. Suspect that will change over the next few days.

QOTD: Best? That's a tough question. We had a large wooded area with fields and trails where we regularly went to play in my early childhood. Surprisingly that field is still there, not developed. I drove by there last year when I was back in Ohio. We also road bikes everywhere. I think that was the coolest. A sort of freedom to wander the small town we grew up in. Sometimes in the summer we would just drive up to the shopping center and buy warm cheap sodas for a few pennies. When we moved when I was in the 6th grade the bike was a major source of transportation to local parks and pool in the summer with my friends. Simple times.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

dhuffman63

Trails

I've been doing at least 30 min on the TM most days and the others I have been using the rower...up to 15 min.  Once I get into a rhythm it get a little easier but OH MY those first 5 min are tough.  Still eating mostly whole food plant based but still have some meat so maybe I'm sort of a vegetarian in the making.  Don't think I can go vegan though.

Hi Diana!  I like this group and the other one you're in.  Nice people here.

qotd:  So many good memories from childhood...living in NH and playing in the tide pools during summers.  When we lived in FL summers were fantastic too....running around barefoot and when we moved out to the sticks I got a horse and lived on horseback all summer, played in the woods where ever we lived. We weren't far from the ocean where ever we lived and I miss it.  I love summer.

Sandy-2

Got up and did 4 mi this morning.  It was dark, cold, humid and windy - my favorite conditions. Ok I could do without the dampness.

LB2 - hay I just passed it along, I think it came from Queen out west in Mexico.

qotd: I'd have to say the summers out on Long Island, NY, we spent all day and half the night outside running around in two huge fields/woods near our house, riding bikes all over town, or sailing on the bay. We were tanned brown and didn't wear shoes the whole summer.

tbd.

runtraildc

Running short half miles around the block while the spoiled pup gets trained to stay in his crate and learns that 1) we'll come back and 2) he won't die. He likes to chew, so uncrated is not an option right now.  So far, I've made it twice. And it's starting to rain so this seems a good training option today. Will get in the strength workout later. Yesterday was glutes and I'm feeling it today.

Amen to that. I love our rowing machine, but it's hard. As in 10 minutes can be grueling .

I've been doing at least 30 min on the TM most days and the others I have been using the rower...up to 15 min.  Once I get into a rhythm it get a little easier but OH MY those first 5 min are tough.  Still eating mostly whole food plant based but still have some meat so maybe I'm sort of a vegetarian in the making.  Don't think I can go vegan though.

Welcome AZ2MN! (Lots of midwesterners here). Saw your comment about Arrowhead 135. I was following it, and I'm envious you were there!

qotd: Oh, hard one. I think some of my favorites are camping in northern MN along the North Shore (Lake Superior). Blueberry picking, playing with my cousins in my grandma's yard in Duluth.  And then we'd head down to the lake to see a boat come into the canal.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

5 miles on the trails with Tiny E; probably hit the gym and maybe a few miles as well.

I'm packing for a backcountry ski trip, leaving tomorrow morning- right in the middle of a major Winter Storm Warning- DW not thrilled about that.

qotd: Agree that's a tough one; my childhood was much like Stand by Me- no dead bodies, but lots of adventures!   We had horses (and ponies) and would pack them up and go camping- some vivid memories of that.

2024 goal 2024 miles

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Ultra Cowboy

Late night run tonight while DD3 practices.  Gotta get burger buns and feed every one as soon as I get home.

Childhood memories...Hmm....Lots of them with Horses, Dogs and Hunting.  Plus visiting my granny in Santa Barbara and showing cows in the summer.

WYBMADIITY

Save

AT-runner

Tim

Welcome az2mntrail - keep on posting.

TM run today. Was going to do a road run this morning, but fog was pretty dense, so played it safe. Did 6 miles on the hamster-wheel-o-death while watching TV. DW texted me after I was done to say there were a few accidents out there so glad I stayed inside.

QOTD: too many to pick from.  Christmas memories are always the best ones for me.  After that, spending time on the Chesapeake Bay or at Ocean City, MD. My dad and his brothers had a place on 120th street, and we used to go quite often, even in the winter. My grandfather had a bar on the Bay (I know, wow, an Irishman with a Pub, go figure). We used to sail across the bay to Tillman Island and watch the Skipjacks come in with oysters.

If you aren't familiar, a Skipjack was a low riding sailboat that was used on the Chesapeake for Oyster and sometimes crab fishing. Beautiful boats. Not too many left anymore.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway!