Trailer Trash

Taper Tuesdaily (Read 39 times)

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I am currently on an extreme taper unfortunetly it is a wee bit early.  We went camping/Quad riding/beer drinking  for the three day weekend and I only go one run accomplished for 6 miles.  I have a 50K in 4 weeks so I better step it up so I can taper...if that makes sense. Smile

QOTD:  See above...I am not a professionally runner but I do slack off the wee before a race.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

jbyram2

Eat to run, Run to eat

No run today, but slept in instead.  Two tomorrow, then two more on Friday, just to wake the legs up and stimulate glycogen top-off.  Start carbing up tomorrow. I usually enjoy tapering because I can rest from the heavy peak week before, but get antsy about the race of course.

QOTD:  I plan the same 2 weeks taper for my big races, then wind up missing a day or so because, "Why not... I'm tapering!!"

Stone Mill 50m 11/16/13  12:42

Febapple Frozen 50k 2/22/14  9:20:55

DIrty German 50m 5/18/14 12:06:16

Watoni

Busy day at work, hoping for 10 later Wink

LB2

A book recently released is more trouble than a child recently born (sort of like Tom Cruise saying making a movie is harder than serving in A-stan... ).

Did he really say that!?! He should try doing both before he makes such an assertion.

LB2

Uh oh... now what?

Did he really say that!?! He should try doing both before he makes such an assertion.

Yes, 'pears he did.  I didn't try for reading the whole thing, but it would take a lot of "out of context" massaging to validate him saying anything about any service related stuff.  I had a totally enjoyable and interesting conversation with some anonymous old guy on a train ride last year.  He had a 1st Cav baseball cap.  I asked when.  He said '65-'67.  Hmm, what unit?  226th, 227th... Uh oh, my old numbers.  The conversation went to comparing the jungles with where folks are now.  We each have had a grandson deployed--such totally different environments.

Sandy-2

Did 5 after work today, enjoyed the darkness at the end of the run.  Tomorrow morning it's supposed to be in the mid 30's, wow that's cold for us.

qotd: can't say that I "enjoy" tapering, but there have been times when I was glad to be finished with my last long run for a few weeks.   Especially when training in the summertime down here.

tbd.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

6 miles in the dark (well not completely dark w/ two headlamps Smile)

qotd: I find it beneficial, but not really enjoyable

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √