Trailer Trash

Frankly my dear, it's the Fridailies (Read 44 times)

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

32 mile round trip bike commute today.  Hoping the forecast holds up and I can bike to work most of next week.

QOTD: What are your weekend plans?

Running is dumb.

The pooch and I had a nice 7 mile trail run.  A mile or so of it was more scrambling than running.  The rest was nice single track.

QOTD: A couple morning runs and some packing for a road trip to visit my daughter and son in law and to hit some state high points.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

Chnaiur

As S an RD possible when travelling.

QOTD: 20-year high school reunion tomorrow!

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k

Low_O2

Happy Friday all!

8.2 toasty miles down to the Rio Grande and back last night. We set a new record high yesterday at 105 deg, cooled down to a nice 102 when I headed out for my run at 7:30. Was actually manageable since the sun was mostly blocked by clouds and wildfire smoke. I'm ready for some cooler weather!

QOTD: Planning to head out to some new trails for my long run tomorrow, some of the few that are still open due to all the fire closures around here. Then another run Sunday. Not much else planned.

Good luck to all the racers this weekend!

sugnim

Good morning!  It's a take-your-dog-to-work kind of day for me.  These days come every few weeks when all of the attorneys are out of the office on a Friday.  My pooch runs along my side as I bike to work & she hangs out in my office with me, waiting for our lunchtime walk.  It makes the day much better.

You know, hot & hard is a very good descriptor for some on life's finest things.  However, when it describes a run, it's not so great.  Last night's run was just over 5 miles, but it was 85 degrees out, and I'm a total wimp in the heat.  According to our weather guy, it will be 100 by Sunday, and the heat is supposed to be sticking around for 2 weeks or so.  I'll probably be whining a lot in the next few days.  I apologize in advance.

QOTD: I plan on getting up at 4:00 tomorrow morning to get a run in before the heat sets in.  Plus, I have a half that starts at 6:00 in 2 weeks, so I need to start preparing myself for getting up before the sun does & lacing up my shoes.  Other than that, my plans are mundane: mow the lawn, grill some chicken, weed the garden, harvest pounds & pounds of strawberries, and take some naps in the shade.

Low02: You are a BADASS.  I would have died on that run.  In addition to being a wimp in the heat, I'm a wimp during fire season.  Here in Western MT, you will usually find me at the indoor track during the month of August when our valley town gets socked in the inversions of smoke and heat.  It's mildly embarrassing.

AT-runner

Tim

Bike ride to work today.  Tourists have taken over Gettysburg so the bicycle is best way to get around.  The 150th anniversary of the Gettysburg battle is July 1-3.  The big reenactment is July 4-7 and they are expecting 20,000 reenactors and 200,000 spectators per day.

QOTD:  Some running in the woods but no big plans.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Nothing today.  I suppose I can call it rest.  Yesterday I accepted a new position with my current employer.  Not moving up but just a lateral move.  I am hoping it will alleviate some stress long term.

low o2 - holy cow! I shouldn't complain about the heat here.

mandy - biking to work sounds fun.

TT - a little late on this but congrats on retirement

chniaur - 20 years? Funny I read that and though wow.  But then it hit me.  I graduated 20 years ago this year.  Oh man where did the time go?

sugnim - if I took my dog to work, well...I wouldn't have a job very long.  She barks...and barks...and barks.

AT - believe it or not I have not been to the battlefields @ Gettysburg.  I will one of these days with my oldest who seems to like history stuff at the age of 8. (I and I do want to take you up on your offer to get together to run.  I have been wanting to come down that way for a while now and explore some of the trails - maybe July?)

QOTD: No big plans.  Maybe pay atention a bit to WS 100 between activities with the kids.  Maybe a LR tomorrow morning.  I haven't decided yet which I guess is part of my funk.

Have a great weekend!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

runtraildc

Morning all!

strength training planned for later today, after the dentist and before packing.  which leads to the qotd:

qotd:  Heading to NH to drop DS's off at camp, and I'll spend the week at my sister's, mostly on vacation.  I'll get in some good hilly runs, mostly along the road, though.  I'm hoping my NH running companion (golden retriever) will be up for joining me on a couple of the shorter runs (he's mostly retired from running due to an illness)>

Daydreamer1

Working on some school work this morning and into the afternoon. Maybe if I get motivated enough to get it done fast I can squeeze in a run yet today before the storms hit.

MM - I envy your ability to bike commute. It's would work to well for me since my shortest is 38 miles one way, but I often dream of it.

TT - Good to see Marley is back to running.

Sugnim - I'm assuming that the indoor track has A/C?   In  2003 we stayed in Seely Lake for several days in late July. The Temp hit 98-102 and it seemed no one had A/C. Everyone said it never gets hot enough to need it in that area.

Jame - Best wishes with the job switch.

QOTD: Work. A 24 hour shift tomorrow, followed by a 12 hour night shift on Sunday.

Low_O2

Low02: You are a BADASS.  I would have died on that run.  In addition to being a wimp in the heat, I'm a wimp during fire season.  Here in Western MT, you will usually find me at the indoor track during the month of August when our valley town gets socked in the inversions of smoke and heat.  It's mildly embarrassing.

Not sure about that, maybe just dumb.....  Besides, it's a dry heat. Dead Dry or humid, 100+deg is HOT and sucks to run. I'm just hoping it will help me deal with the elevation better in my upcoming races since my elevation training has been non existent this summer.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Got and ran 5.5 with Earl.  Nothing too exciting to report.

QOTD:  Thanks for asking Mandy, we may just stay home tonight or go to Fast Fridays Motorcycle races, Saturday is boating as temps of over 100 are expected, Sunday will be the long run (20)  with Earl and the human running partner followed by a little puttering around the house to get it straighten up.  Would like to take the doors off the jeep.

Mandy:  By the way I wasn't making fun of your picture, it's sweet but I thought it might have been you as a child.

chnaiur: Enjoy that reunion.  Are you going back better than ever?  I am guessing yes since you are a runner.

sugnim:  I am jealous you are allowed to have your dog at work.  I wish we at least take turns bring a dog or cat to work.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

DigDug2

Easy 6.5 this a.m. - humid but not too oppressive at 5:30.

qotd:  taking my 9-year-old to his kids triathlon tomorrow - should be fun.  Otherwise, just yardwork and a couple of runs between the thunderstorms.

XT day for me. Work has been killing me this week. I have not been able to post much. Gotta keep it short so no personals but great runs/rest/xt all. Have a great weekend.

Rob Krar for the win this weekend. Its going to be a hot one.

ceezy

QOTD: Had a rest Thursday and thinking of 5ish tonight...have a 20 planned for Saturday and probably around 5/6 on Sunday. (tentative weekend plans anyway)  

Hope everyone enjoys their weekend.

Watoni

12 yesterday through Phleger Estate, 1300 feet up and down. A few good climbs, none too long.

Data here:

http://app.strava.com/activities/63322246

GPS says 11.5, but there are some issues there. It was right around 12 miles at around 8:00 pace. So, I did not run a 4:53 mile as the link will tell you, nor did I run a 12:45 mile up Mt Redondo trail (though it felt like it). The signal got lost on the way down from the top of the climb, so this leads to odd readings.

I actually saw someone else out running up the climb towards Lonely Trail. I was "running" a bit faster, caught him and ran behind him on the single track for a while since he did not seem to want to let me pass and sped up when he saw me approaching. After a while he said I could lead and then I never saw him again. Too bad, he actually seemed nice, even though he did what i consider the "road cyclist" tack of speeding up when somebody approaches. If you were happy running at your pace before, why aren't you still? I am not racing anyone, and I am not your pacer .... Wink

Today I am hoping for another 10 and/or a ride to the coast and back.

QOTD: Minimal work, family is away so I better get over this cold and work out!