Trailer Trash

TGI-Fridaily (Read 33 times)

AT-runner

Tim

Going to walk a bit this evening.  Hope to walk 5 to 6 miles at a brisk pace.  SRD tomorrow and race on Sunday.  I've been pretty good with getting walks in this winter during my buildup in mileage.  This used to be a weak spot for me and I've been doing better.  Maybe we should look for a dog since all the kids are out of the house.

QOTD:  REI rewards time. How did you do?  I got $78.25.  Going to buy an ultra lightweight rain jacket for the canyon.

Anyone racing, pacing or volunteering this weekend?

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Good morning!  I've got nothing on tap today.  I got all the exercise I needed last night watching the Badger basketball game.  My heart rate was through the roof. Tonight will be more of the same, only rooting for MSU.

QOTD: Nada.  I bought a sleeping pad and a carry on bag at REI over the last year and they were both on sale, so no dividend for me.

Running is dumb.

runtraildc

Morning follks.  Haven't run since Sunday so it seems I've turned into one of those part-time runners.  Between distractions, procrastination and a stomach bug, the week just went by.  Oh well, it happens and I know I have good company.      Oh, I am planning to get out tonight-- 4 miles.  Might even get in some yoga to balance it out, too.

qotd:  Just a bit north of $400.  I cringe, then remind myself that this is because we have a REI credit card (paid in full each month so there is no interest undermining our 'free money)'.    What to spend it on?  Hmm, still are restocking the garage, but top of the list is a new Thule car rack or a tent..

AT-runner

Tim

Mandy, I was thinking about you as I went to bed last night (that sounds bad).  The 11:00 weather guy said "lookout this weekend for the arctic blast making it's way down from Madison, WI".  

runtraildc - Every year I say i should get an REI card, but we use our mileage card a lot, so it would probably be a trade off.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Daydreamer1

Had a good run up on the mountain yesterday. Got in a lot of hard climbing. Had my first fall of the year, of course it happened in a grassy field that only had two rocks in it,  the one that jumped up and grabbed my foot and the one that my elbow landed on.  Only ended up with a small scrape so it's all good.  Today I'm spending 24 hours at work and already putting up with a bunch of douchebag co-workers .

QOTD: Don't think I've ever purchased anything from REI hence no rewards.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Morning everyone!  Strength training this evening

qotd: I also have a REI card and put all my fuel and online purchases on it, so I have a pretty big dividend- I'll grab another pair of N2's when the 20% coupon comes out (should be today), but I think I may cash the rest out (have to wait until July1)- almost all of my outdoor gear comes from small cottage industries.  I'm looking at a cuben fiber solo pyramid shelter that weighs 9.5 oz (provide your own trekking poles) that's pretty spendy, but the dividend should cover it

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Mandy, I was thinking about you as I went to bed last night (that sounds bad).  The 11:00 weather guy said "lookout this weekend for the arctic blast making it's way down from Madison, WI".  

Hehe.  Yeah, have fun with that!  It's been quite chilly here, but it's supposed to warm up next week.  You can keep all our cold air!

Mike -- ZPacks?

Running is dumb.

muppy

5.2 Road miles last night.

QOTD I don't have any from REI, but I did get about $200 back from my Cabela's credit card!

I'm volunteering as a sweep at Tuscarora trails 50K, it's a fat ass up in Perry County, PA.

sugnim

Good morning all.  I've got five miles planned for after work in the sunshine followed by some spring cleaning of the yard.

QOTD. $0  I buy most of my gear 2nd hand, and I actually don't think I bought anything athletic or outdoorsy last year.  If I buy anything at REI its at the scratch & dent sale or on their clearance website.

Haven't posted in almost a week, but have had one of my best weeks (mileage, pace and feel) in a long time! Good timing too, as I begin my taper next week. 5.5 miles this morning.

qotd: I've spent $0 at rei over the past year, but thanks to my rei credit card still had a decent dividend. In fact, I still have my 2013 dividens that I just used for some new ski goggles and headlamp.

jonferg67

Endless trails

I just got back from a little joggy jog in the woods, and this morning got

out early for a hike up to the waterfall with my Corgi. Two times in the

woods before noon, not too shabby.

I'm signed up for a 5 mile trail race tomorrow in NJ.

QOTD: I don't watch the news and don't shop at REI, am I still welcome

here? I did look at snowshoes on REI yesterday, but I wouldn't buy from

them.

XtremeTaper

Brief bit of spring here yesterday but it ended last night with thunderstorms and rain. Wow, that warm humid air felt grand. Back to being chilly today but not horrible. The Lady and I will slop through 7 or 8 this evening on the trails. Considering a multiple loop long run this weekend to get my mindset for the 12 hour in 2 weeks. I have a relatively tame 6-7 mile loop out at French Creek I could do.

QOTD: No REI points here. I did cash in some southwest points for 2 free tickets to FL late next month for our Keys vacation.

Mandy - Pulling for the big10 myself as well. Glad the Badgers won. Kentucky looks unbeatable though you never know.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Mustering all my strength and trying to get ready for a short run.

The weather is not quite what I had feared, it is worse. When I left work, flurries were blowing horizontally...

So I'm trying to tell myself the wind will be less in the mountains, and after all, it's not all that cold. I wish I could believe myself! 

QOTD: I haven't tracked purchases, but I might not have bought anything from REI in the last several months. Not sure what to expect now. If anything, I could use some ski goggles for myself, or for my youngest boy.

Run for fun.

Watoni

Got out this morning for an hour on the bike (did last night as well).

Heading down to visit my mom this pm, will try to run Saturday am early (still being cautious with the Achilles).

QOTD: Will have to check. I do not think it will be that much this year

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Mandy - Pulling for the big10 myself as well. Glad the Badgers won. Kentucky looks unbeatable though you never know.

I'm expecting us to lose if we make it that far, but stranger things have happened...

Running is dumb.