Trailer Trash

Weekender Watch Party (Read 21 times)

dhuffman63

Trails

congratulations Gator and Gatsby....way to finish! Gatsby this was your first?  You've had a hell of a year prepping for this one.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

finishing a 100 mile race is something I can't quite wrap my arms around- you guys (and everyone who has ever completed one) have my utmost admiration!

Mandy- it's just Tim's way to be sure I'm staying tuned in, he knows what keeps me checking the threads  Smile

in other sporting news- my Grizzlies hosted a very tough North Alabama team last night, they were down by one point at the half 17-16 and it appeared it was anyone's game; some key adjustments at the half (and I'm sure a "rousing talk" from the coach ) made by the Grizzlies saw them completely (and totally) dominant the second half- pitched a shutout on defense and the offense scored 45 unanswered points!   final score 61-17

2024 goal 2024 miles

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

XtremeTaper

Wow, congrats to Gator and Gatsby on the 100 miles! Awesome.

About to head out with the dogs for a few miles. I think Warwick Park today. Get a bit of flat trail and see if I can get Baker up to speed. We did 4 yesterday but hilly and rocky so we moved slow. The Lady was with us of course.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

AT-runner

Tim

Nice and cool out this morning for 6-7 miles on the trails.  I was breaking spider webs the whole time on our loop. Can't wait for those damn things to go away.

Conversation at our house last night at 10:00 pm: (DW dozing off on the couch. college football on the TV)

Me:  (checking computer) Whoo-hoo!!!

DW: (waking up) What's up?

Me:  Gatsby finished under the 30 hour cutoff for her first 100.

DW: Who's Gatsby?

Me:  She's on RA. Her name is Margaret and she's from California and she's run with Sue a few times.

DW: Does Sue like her?

Me: Yes.

DW: Tell her congratulations and welcome to the club. (goes back to sleep)

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Sandy-2

LOF = LAST OF the FINISHERS.  Looks like over 65 people didn't finish the 100 miler and 2 didn't finish under the cutoff, so don't count yourself short.

+1

You certainly made the watch party more exciting!!!! 

tbd.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Awesome job Fatsby DFL who cares ...as pointed out a lot of folks didn’t finish or even step up to accomplish a 100 miles.  It will be interesting to hear how it felt being chased by a cut off at the end.

Gator congratulations to you tooo!!!

AT:  what’s their not too like about Gatsby??? She’s a lot nicer than me 

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Oh...may run later but I did do at least a mile sprint last night through the woods no trails in my slippers trying to catch my asshole hound dog who was on a rant as he chased smells through the woods...after an hour I gave up. My husband gave up long before that saying f?ck that dog.  I could hear him getting farther and farther away  I just hoped he would either find his way back or his collar would stay on and we would get a call.  He found his way back  and received acwhacking  and will remained leashed for awhile!

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

AT-runner

Tim

AT:  what’s their not too like about Gatsby??? She’s a lot nicer than me 

She was still mostly asleep, so it was like "if she's good enough for Sue, she's alright in my book".  It was pretty funny.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

LB2

Gator and Gadsby: Congratulations on your runs this weekend!! It sure feels good to finish!!

I mostly hiked on Saturday and ran this morning. Saturday morning my wing shooting was horrible on the rare opportunities I got. But Saturday afternoon I improved a great deal. That was so much fun!!!

LB2

She was still mostly asleep, so it was like "if she's good enough for Sue, she's alright in my book".  It was pretty funny.

Awww you guys are too nice.

6/9/24 Cinderella Trail Run 50k, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR