Trailer Trash

Slippery Thursdailies (Read 42 times)

Trail Monster

Easy hour planned today.

QOTD: My adventures are in my siggy. DH and I also hope to take our first vacation in forever this year. Probably to a beach. I'm kind of hoping we can make it coincide with a race so I can knock another state off my list.

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

Wandering Wally

Just getting back in the saddle after resting a sore calf for a few days.  It went well last night and felt good this morning.  So, I think I will take it out for another 4-5 miles tonight.

QOTD - My first 50K in August, maybe going to Disney World in December.  Some other ideas are bubbling away, but nothing has come of it yet.

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

To answer you guy's questions...

Yeah the pooch goes on every run as long as she is with me.  The only exceptions are when I am out of town and she is at home.  She loves to go along.

She also runs along on mountain bike rides if the weather isn't too hot.  That becomes a bit much for her in really hot weather unless I take it pretty easy, go somewhere shady, and also make sure there is water about once a mile or so.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

Watoni

Probably another ride today if I can ... tomorrow might need to be my longish run if I go up skiing again with the family this weekend (shhh, I prefer running/cycling).

QOTD: On the sport front, Lake Sonoma 50, Leadville 100 (maybe) on the runing side and Cent Cols Pyrenees cycling in September. A few other double centuries in there, but those are more annual events. The ones listed are the ones that really scare me

LB2

Nothing today. I have a bit of a sore throat. I'll go to the doctor tomorrw and get things checked out. I may run a few in the morning if all goes well. Either way, I won't be going to work.

QOTD: I have a trip next week to pace my brother in his first 100 miler, which should be fun. We are taking the little ones to Texas in May to visit some different spots, which is a new thing for us. We usually have one destination in mind, but on this one, we are going to do several things: SeaWorld in San Antonio, American Girls Doll store in Houston, St. Arnold's Brewery (Maybe...), Fredricksburg, TX., The Blue Belle Ice Cream place... And I have a 50K coming up that I am excited about. Then, at the end of the year, I have a 100 miler close to home.

LB2

KreegSauceRuns

Howdy folks.  Rest day for me.  Shin is a little tender so taking a day or two off.

Got a deal on a road bike via Slickdeals and it arrived today so hoping I can get it put together tonight and test it out on the trainer.

QOTD:  Massanutten 100, if my leg will hold up in training.

1/8/22 - Frosty 50k - 5:21:19 (strava)

3/26/22 - Blackbeard's Revenge 100 - 27:27:06 (strava)

9/30/22 - Yeti 100 - Abingdon, VA - 25:46:01 (strava)

4/1/23 - Umstead 100 - Raleigh, NC

Queen of Nothing

Sue

5 on the trail at night or 6 on the TM when I get home we will see.

Rocky:  I saw a guy who I thought looked like you when we were climbing out of the canyon at the WTC run.  But I didn't catch up to say hey is that you.  Next run let's discribe outfits and maybe say hey.

QOTD:  Planninga couple of weeks in the Baja in April.  Usually make it back to MI in the summer and may run thePorcuoine Trail Marathon with Northern in September.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Ultra Cowboy

Rocky:  I saw a guy who I thought looked like you when we were climbing out of the canyon at the WTC run.  But I didn't catch up to say hey is that you.  Next run let's discribe outfits and maybe say hey.

You bet...How was your day at Cool?

WYBMADIITY

Save

NorthernHarrier

5 on the trail at night or 6 on the TM when I get home we will see.

QOTD:  Planninga couple of weeks in the Baja in April.  Usually make it back to MI in the summer and may run thePorcuoine Trail Marathon with Northern in September.

Queen-- Yes, yes! Oct. 5th. Peak fall color. Might be able to provide you lodging too. Mandy is straddling the fence with Mnkiwi and my running bud is a strong maybe. I'm am already entered. Go for it.

Got in 9 miles with some mile sessions. Felt decent enough but I was so cold when I was finished I went home and stood in the hot shower for a half hour. Didn't feel cold while doing it but as soon as I stopped, brrrr.