Trailer Trash

Totally Tuesday!! (Read 21 times)

LB2

I ran a 4 mile loop this morning. It was quite pleasant, easy pace.

QOTD: Who is your most hated villain in a television series or movie?

President Charles Logan (Season 5 of the Fox series "24"). To me, he reminds me of a few people I have known in my past that on the surface seemed like genuinely good people, but they were actually the most deceitful, self-serving pieces of crap I have ever seen. In almost every case, I saw through them, but I normally let things play out so that they would expose themselves. In a few instances, they did it in spectacular fashion.

LB2

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

got a good 6 mile hill workout yesterday in Missoula w/ Tiny E- 2200' gain in three miles

probably hit the trails here after work

qotd: Anton Chigurh in No Country for Old Men; completely cold blooded w/ not an ounce of compassion for anyone- scary!

from Saturday's snowshoe and yesterday's Mt Sentinel

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

dhuffman63

Trails

Did nothing yesterday except take care of my horse and vacuum.  It took several hours for the numbing shots to wear off and then my mouth hurt.

qotd: I don't watch enough TV to hate any characters.  Real life there are a few people whose actions I despise but I don't hate anyone.  There are a lot of people in political positions who really need to learn to think before they speak. And there are quite a few "celebrities" who should just stop with their opinions.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

It is totally Tuesday.  Sitting at work on a gorgeous day dreaming of being outside.  Wish I didn't feel so guilty about skipping work.

QOTD: Can't think of any.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

AT-runner

Tim

Nice and easy 6.5 miles today. A little recurrent heel pain flared up (had it a few weeks ago) so didn't push the speed.

Beautiful Spring day here. Time for some yard work.  Might even get pool cover off and get pool set up. I think XT did his already. I usually open the pool the first week in May, so not too early. No swimming yet, but DW likes the sound of the fountain in the pool.

QOTD:  Toss up between Scar (Lion King) and Nurse Ratched (One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest).

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

runtraildc

4 miles yesterday morning around this butte south of sedona. Still could not catch my breath, even at 4500 feet. And then tripped and went flying, thankfully catching myself just before I hit the ground. It was a beautiful trail, no one else until the last mile. My phone died before I could take more pictures.

Then a hike in Oak Creek canyon with DS.

Now back home.

qotd: Same as DHuff. If also watch more comedies than drama so fewer 'villains'.

Daydreamer1

Got out yesterday for 5.3 Miles walking with DW.  She's training for a 12k so she wants to up her walking miles.  Found out we had quite a bit of washing from the heavy rains over the weekend. The nice thing about living in the hills is that the water runs away. The bad thing is that it washes everything away in it's path.  There were a few driveways that cross trickling little brooks and have 4-5' pipes installed. Looks like massive overkill but some of them couldn't handle the water and washed out.

Planning on 25-30 miles on the bikes today then off to a hockey game.  The Bears are tied 1-1 with the Tigers  (Bridgeport) in the playoffs.

QOTD: I watch so few movies that it's very difficult for me to remember names.  And there's this one guy that always plays the villain  and does it very well.  Just can't remember his name.   Really creepy dude.  I remember he was playing the role of a arsonist and children were dying.  Just had a way of looking at the investigators that was soooooo creeepy I just wanted to get the rope and head to a tall tree.  Somewhere I read that he was a really nice guy in real life.

Of course it's hard to not hate Scar. Not to mention the lovely Cruella Deville.

XtremeTaper

Six miles last night with the Lady out at Coventry Woods. Instead of one of our normal loops, we ran an S-shaped out and back up the big hill, along the ridge, and down to the pond on the other side and back. A short stop at the pond for the Lady to cool off and get a drink. A quiet night, just a few hikers out and a kid on a mountain bike. The woods is greening up now.

Not sure of run plans today. The lawn needs mowing again. Tis' the season.

QOTD: Ramsay Snow/Bolton from GOT. No spoilers please on season 8. I am binge watching from the beginning and am nearly caught up to the final season.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I had planned on running with my pups this morning but did not climb out of bed.  Something Tim said a few days ago about me always running with people hit a spot.  It appears I have been reliant on having running dates to get my arse out of bed.  I need to make sure I include at least one solitary run in a week (well with the mutts).  Although I do enjoy running with my friends.    Yoga at lunch.

QOTD: All I can think of was my last show Nurse Jackie...were she continues to lie, cheat, and steal while everyone loves her and wants to help her.  But I guess that's how people with drug issues act.

runtrailDC:  Enjoy your vacation.  The desert is beautiful.

AT:  Hey Tim...we are thinking of doing this on Sunday after the run.  Posted it last weekend but you may not have seen it.  https://www.pdxraft.com/white-salmon-river

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

AT-runner

Tim

QOTD: Ramsay Snow/Bolton from GOT. No spoilers please on season 8. I am binge watching from the beginning and am nearly caught up to the final season.

Spoiler: Turns out it was all a dream, and then they cut to George RR Martin laughing as he counts a shit-ton of money on his kitchen table. 

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Speaking of GoT, I would just like to say that Ser Davos reminds me of NorthernHarrier in a way.

Running is dumb.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Speaking of GoT, I would just like to say that Ser Davos reminds me of NorthernHarrier in a way.

NH had all his fingers last time I saw him 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

AT-runner

Tim

Does he have a soft spot in his heart for little girls with facial deformities?

NorthernHarrier

Too funny. Must be my permanent scowl. 

No run for me after my debacle yesterday. By shutting things down and walking back to my car may have saved me somewhat. Calf doesn't feel too awful bad today. One day at a time. Been doing a lot of yard stuff as cross training. Gonna hop on my road bike for 90 minutes shortly. Also did weights and core this morning.

QOTD--No idea