Trailer Trash

Front Range Fridaily (Read 41 times)

Occasional Runner

Heading out to work an aid station at the Wasatch Front 100. It's going to be an amazing race this year.

Ran 6 road miles and plan to run the trail during the race if I get some free time.

QOTD: Do you wear sunglasses when you run? If so, what brand?

I found a new brand that I really enjoy. The company is Optic Nerve and they're based out of Colorado. The make a great product, have a ton of styles, are light and durable, but best of all...they're not expensive like the Oakley's I've been wearing.

mecrowe

Computer Geek

I did 4 miles around the park path last night.  I was running about 10:00pm last night in the dark.  There are some lights in the park and its a paved path so I could see fine.  On my last lap, I saw a woman walking ahead of me, right in the middle of the path, talking on her cell phone.  I was approaching her from behind, catching up pretty quickly, and right as I'm about to announce my presence and my intention to pass her, she moves over to the side of the path.  I take that as an indication that she knows I'm coming and giving me plenty of room to get past her.  Evidently that was not the case, as I was about to go past her, she starts veering back towards the middle of that path and by the time I go by, I nearly brush her shoulder.  She let out a scream like I have never heard and starts screaming at me that I scared the shit out of her.  I simply waved and apologized and kept running.......feeling bad for the poor person on the other end of that phone call.  LOL

Lace:  Hope your aid station time is great.  Enjoy the trail if you get the chance.

QOTD:  I don't because I mostly run after dark or through densely wooded trails.  But I looke at teh Optic Nerve stuff and I see a new pair of sunglasses in my future.  Smile

Occasional Runner

QOTD:  I don't because I mostly run after dark or through densely wooded trails.  But I looke at teh Optic Nerve stuff and I see a new pair of sunglasses in my future.  Smile

Let me know if you want to order something. I have a pro discount code that'll give you 40% off.

SRD for me today. Feeling a bit sore after 4 days of good running this week.

lace - have fun at Wasatch. Looking forward to following it.

QOTD: Touchy subject for me. I have a pair of Natives that I LOVE and the arm came off. I tried to fix it with a regular glasses kit but it didn't work. Thus, I need to send it back to Native but haven't gotten around to it yet. Love those glasses.

Birdwell

Morning folks!

Got in 4 miles.

QOTD: Short answer, no. I wear prescription glasses. I did buy a pair of prescription Nike sunglasses a year or so ago, and I've worn them twice on runs. I've realized you have to be a certain level of "cool" to wear sunglasses, and I'm just not there Cool

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

will get a short run in the hills this evening, then we're packing up for a backpacking trip this weekend Big grin

qotd: I use a couple of pair of Smiths- they have interchangeable lenses which allows me to use them even in the dark (swap in clear lenses); they are very light and stay on my face- their warranty might be the best in the business as well (I've had to use it once)

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

runtraildc

good morning!

Got in 11.5 last night, including some steep sections of trail I haven't visited in a long while and a new section I've been wanting to explore for a bit.  Came out of the park 2 miles from home, thirsty and not looking forward to a long uphill climb when the bus comes along!  I thought about it for a moment.  I had my metro card with me, but I realized I just smelled too awful (even for the bus) and I really did need to do that hill so I continued on...

mecrowe- walking in the dark, talking on your phone and not paying attention to your surroundings?  generally not a good idea.  Maybe you helped her learn that lesson? Evil

qotd:  generally no, but I do wear my smith's religiously when outdoors the rest of the time. I came to the conclusion early on that good sunglasses are a good investment.  I can see so much better and they last for years (and I'm not careless about losing them, like cheap glasses)

jonferg67

Endless trails

SRD for me. Planning a LR tomorrow morning, I'm anxious to get my mileage

up to where I want it this month and into October. I had to return the NB 1010's

so now I'm back to square one-in the meantime I'm ordering another pair

of Asics Fujis and plan to just fill in the drainage holes.

Lace: Enjoy, sounds like a great way to spend a Friday.

mecrowe: I've had that encounter too, with those exact same words, like it's

somehow my fault they weren't paying attention.

QOTD: I don't use sunglasses at all, I stopped wearing them about 4 years ago

while living in sunny CA, I couldn't find an inexpensive pair that I liked. Those Optic
                  Nerves look pretty cool though, I'll probably need a pair for running in the snow this winter. Cool

We had a nice cool 5 mile trail run this morning.

QOTD: Not usually, but when I do I wear prescription Project Rudy Horus Glasses with Transitions lenses ground to my bifocal prescription.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

Low_O2

Happy Friday all!

Got out for my first run in over a week last night. 3.5 miles around the neighborhood with the dog. Legs felt really good, not sluggish at all like I was expecting. Hoping to get out for some trail miles this weekend.

Lace- sounds like a great way to spend a friday! I will be trying to follow the live updates.

Mecrowe - that seems to happen quite often on the trails. I feel bad about it, but people should really be aware of their surroundings. I even had to reach around a lady and wave my hand in front of her once on narrow single track to let her know I wanted to pass. This was after yelling "Excuse me!" many times with no response. Some people just deserve to get the shit scared out of them...

mtwarden - have fun backpacking, love getting away from civilization whenever possible

jonferg67- Have you tried the asics fuji trainer 2s? I haven't tried the fuji racers to compare, but liked the way the trainers felt. And they don't have the drainage holes. I ended up returning them though since the heel fit wasn't quite right for me.

QOTD: Most of the time. I currently use SunCloud brand. I like the lenses and they are relatively inexpensive, but would like to pick up a different style at some point. I'll have to check out the Optic Nerves...

jonferg67

Endless trails

jonferg67- Have you tried the asics fuji trainer 2s? I haven't tried the fuji racers to compare, but liked the way the trainers felt. And they don't have the drainage holes. I ended up returning them though since the heel fit wasn't quite right for me.

I did try them, and returned them for the same reason. I like the racers, my second pair has almost 600 miles on them, only

drawback is the drain holes-great concept but ineffective in reality.

AT-runner

Tim

SRD for me today.  Beautiful weather in PA today, so we might camp out tonight somewhere off the AT.

QOTD:  Oakley 1/2 Jacket with Transition lenses.  My baby blues are very sensitive to light, so I wear them for most of my runs, and the transition lenses are great for the woods.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

DigDug2

6.8 on rail trail/real trail this a.m. - 50 degrees at 6:00, wore long sleeves for the first time.  I'm in heaven.

QOTD:  never, ever.  One of the benefits of running wooded trails is that I rarely see the sun.

Brian Runner

Hill repeats and a short road run last night with some dedicated folks from the club. Probably just an easy trail run this afternoon before a long run sometime this weekend.

mecrowe

Computer Geek

mecrowe- walking in the dark, talking on your phone and not paying attention to your surroundings?  generally not a good idea.  Maybe you helped her learn that lesson? Evil

That was my thought as well.  How oblivious does one have to be to not hear a runner approaching you on a paved walkway?