Trailer Trash

Three in a row Thursdailies (Read 210 times)

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

northernharrier - no leadership here.  And yes Mandy you are slacking! (not referring to the running)

BTW - where is everyone? Is it just me or does it seem as though there are fewer and fewer people posting lately? Was there a mass exodus I don't know about? Or a redefection back to RW?  It's not a big deal but was just wondering...

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

NorthernHarrier

northernharrier - no leadership here.  And yes Mandy you are slacking! (not referring to the running)

BTW - where is everyone? Is it just me or does it seem as though there are fewer and fewer people posting lately? Was there a mass exodus I don't know about? Or a redefection back to RW?  It's not a big deal but was just wondering...

Was wondering the same thing but I lacked the leadership myself to bring it up. I'm always worried it was maybe something I said. Black eye

Yesterday I went over to the RW site. No activity there. At all. I can't even remember my login for there anymore.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I haven't seen Kelly around much lately.  He'll be back.  I brought back Scrapster!  Come on, people, I'm trying!  Cry

I miss JohnM.  Where's he been hiding?

Running is dumb.

Daydreamer1

I woke up very sore this morning so I decided to bag today's run and switch to tomorrow which was going to be a rest day.

QOTD: While I don't have a view of the mountains, I do sit higher than most of the hills around me. I have a nice view of the neighbor's farm and the rolling hills. I don't like my house but the fact that I have over 10 acres and a quite nice view keeps me from moving. It's hard to beat the view I have when the sun is coming up in the spring and summer and there is just a little bit of morning fog in the air. It's very reminiscent of the Smoky Mountains.

Maybe the reason posting is way down is because everyone has found themselves in the same boat I seem to be in. For some reason I just get busier and busier. Angry Sometime I don't even have enough time to run.

Back home again in Indiana...(note to self: hey, that's catchy--would make a great song). After a week in Leicester, England, where my husband had a conference, we arrived Stateside on Monday night. Since then I've been doing mostly laundry and trying not to fall asleep at 4 pm. Got in 2 runs in Leicester, which is better than I usually do while on vacation, but still not great.

But I started back running yesterday with 4 miles on the ol' canal path and another 3 or so today. Once I get the house back in order and everything put away, I'll sneak off to the state park and see if the trails remember me.

QOTD: No mountains in Indy! And no view from my house. Which is why I plant flowers.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Was sleepy this am and didn't get up.  Got up and was grouchy.  Took the dogs for their walk and got pissed at them.  Now listening to a conference call where idiots keeps talking about a subject that should have taken 2 mins!!  Punishment will be 6 miles tonight on TM!!

QOTD: My view is the forest and quite pretty but no Mountian View although that was our goal when we moved here.  My husband got too impatient and couldn't stand renting.  I used to live on the side of a little hill Mt Rubidoux in Riverside so I understand how you appreciate your little mountian Jaime.

Northern:  Weren't you just complaining about the warm winter?

Scrapster:  Skating...hmmm been awhile.  Sounds fun.

mtwarden:  So are you sore from running in the snowshoes?

sugnim:  I think having the four legs is an advantage because it's less weight on each leg.  When I watch my dog run, I always marval at how he is built for running, four legs, little paws.

Jaime:  Also wondering about everyone.  It mught just be the time of year...coming off the holidays, short days, cold weather, maybe folks are like me and have been slacking so not wanting to post didn't run again.  Undecided

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Scrapster

1.  Leadership sucks.  We don't need leadership here.

2.  This winter sucks.  I need snow, damnit (but not until after I get back from WI this weekend, please).

3.  I am new here.  Seems to be slower than RWOL generally speaking (even in Beginners and Women where I lurkey lurk during court).  Everything is slower than FB, which I have actually been weaning myself from.  Kind of.  A little bit.  Sometimes.

Sandy-2

Hi Everyone,

Keep up the good work boyjame.  It does seem a little quiet around here.

Welcome Fragle and welcome home majope !!

I'll do a few miles after work today, still thinking that I'm in recovery mode.

qotd: It's as flat as a tortilla here in east Texas.  We do have lots of trees though.  I live in a place that the marketeers dubbed "the livable forest".  So the view is... lots of houses, yards and trees.

tbd.

Ultra Cowboy

I ran 4.5 miles in Newton shoes last night.  Different.  Feet are a little sore this AM.  Tonight instead of a Tempo run I'm going to run easy 4-6 miles as a mini taper before 19 miles on the Way too Cool Course on Saturday.

I have Hills on the West and Northern sides of me to look at and a Eucalyptus Grove to the South and East.  I'd love to have the Teton s to look at or maybe the Wallowa Range in NE Oregon...

WYBMADIITY

Save

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

8.5 miles in the snow. About half of it, there were no tracks (well, at least no man-made tracks) on the trail, and it was fun to blaze the path. I saw many animal tracks, and later, I'll get out my "Animal Tracks" guide and find out who those little (and big) guys were that scurried and hopped along before me. There were bunnies, deer and racoon, which I recognized, but also some that I did not know.

I was wondering what makes the animals choose their path. Sometimes, the tracks would lead along the (almost invisible) trails for a while, then cut through the bushes, then come back on the trail. Food, shelter, a nice smell? Or just the most economical path (when the trail went up, around a tree or a rock, and then down, the animal tracks would just cut straight and merge onto the trail after the obstacle again)?

I also enjoyed listening to the birds, and finding different qualities of snow, depending on the terrain and trees/bushes.

Anyways, the forest/swamp seems to be a quite busy place, even without any people around!

Welcome back, majope! Hope you'll settle in soon again and get over the jet lag.

I was missing Daydreamer, but he's back again. Where's skeene?

Run for fun.

Trail Monster

Speed work tonight, 8 x 400m. Ick!

QOTD: from our actual house, no. But if I walk outside I can see the river and recreational trail and the hills on the other side.

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

9 miles for me today. It was a bit of a struggle at first, but the last 4 miles were great. I'm glad I stuck with it. Also: socks work pretty well as emergency gloves. I'm glad I had a pair in the car. By the time I decided I really needed to find something to keep my hands warmer I was struggling to turn the key in the lock.

qotd: I can't really see the "mountain" I live next to from my house very well. But I like just knowing it is there.

Pinhoti 100: Finished :D

Scrapster

I did it!  I ran(ish)!!  Little more than 5 road miles.  Antibiotics suck.  That is all.  Smile

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

1.  Leadership sucks.  We don't need leadership here.

NO!  I AM DRUNK ON MY MOD POWER.

But I am so glad you were able to run Smile  Come hiking with me this weekend!

Running is dumb.

tjrun

7 planned for this afternoon.  So excited.....sunnny and 50 something for today.  Yeah.  I'm soooo sick of cold and gray.

QOTD:  No mountains.  At my house I am surrounded by 20 acres of horse pasture then piney woods.  Slightly rolling.