Trailer Trash

Fridaily (Read 20 times)

AT-runner

Tim

DW and I were the big Trivia winners last night at a local Brewery.  DD#1's fiance's Dad hosts the Trivia Night.  Got a free meal out of it, so that wasn't too shabby.  Only played a few times, and we do terrible at the "pop culture" questions, but this week had a lot of nerdy questions, and we can answer those. Winning question - What is Pantaphobia?  Answers ranged from fear of pants, panda's, Mimes, and fear of everything. We had the only correct answer - fear of nothing.

SRD usually today, but we might run tonight for a sunset run.

Any racers/ pacers / volunteers this weekend?

Sandy - how's the city drying out? Pictures looked pretty bad in parts.

I found a picture of a Trail Runner near Sandy's house.

QOTD: Weekend plans?  Morning run and work a bit on Tiny House tomorrow. Longer run Sunday and some fall yard work.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

A nice 7 last night under a beautiful sky full of stars.  Temps are great although we're in for an Indian summer this weekend.  I hope to get out for a short run tonight. I need to get in a LR Sunday.  I had set myself a goal in my coming back from back surgery to run Stone Mill 50 again this year.  It's only 50 days away.  If I can get in a few LRs of decent mileage, I am going to give it a try.  So far my body is holding up.

AT: fear of nothing huh? And you knew that?

QOTD: Short run Saturday, LR Sunday.  Kids friends sleeping over tonight so no sleep????? Hopefully some yard work Saturday.

Have a great weekend!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

AT - you could have answered it Jeopardy style.  "Who is Alex Honnold?"  Heh.

Been warm and humid here this week - I'm not complaining.  Probably our last hurrah before cooler weather sets in.

QOTD:  Quiet weekend for me.  I've been invited to hike/climb with some folks, but I may have to decline because my hamstring is still unhappy.  Might hit up the farmer's market instead.

Running is dumb.

dhuffman63

Trails

Got back from KC yesterday afternoon but I was still too tired to do any miles.  This week looks like a bust all around.  I did get a lot of stair climbing in though as the elevator was broken until we were leaving 

I have though managed to continue Sept's "at least 1 mile per day" and I did do my bodyweight exercises in the evenings.

qotd: DGD's 3rd birthday party is tomorrow at the Tulsa Aquarium so that's what we'll do Sat.  Depending on when we get back I have a stall to clean.  DH is good about making sure she has hay but didn't clean the stall while I was gone.  In between the rain that is.  We're getting Imelda's left over rain through Tues it looks like.

Next "race" for me is the Tulsa Zoo 5k that DD wants to do.  So it's going to be all of us, DH, SIL, DD and DGD.  It starts in the park and ends in the zoo then we can wander around there.  It's Oct 5th.  Then the 50k on the 26th.  After that I have a few weeks before starting the 50 mile training for the March 24 Hour at Lhotse.  Then a few weeks and I start training for the 100k at Temptation 200.  I think that will be all I do in 2020 other then whatever 5ks DD wants to do.  I want to support her in these as she needs to start losing some weight but I'm not telling her that's the reason.

AT-runner

Tim

AT: fear of nothing huh? And you knew that?

6 years of Latin for this Catholic School boy. 

Pant (all) A (not) Phobia (fearful) = all not fearful, or fearless.

AT-runner

Tim

AT - you could have answered it Jeopardy style.  "Who is Alex Honnold?"  Heh.

Awesome. 

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

our weather remains near perfect- lows in the 40's, highs in the 60's- a little moisture here and there moving across

of course the forecast for the end of next week is rain and snow- just when I'm heading into the Bob Marshall for an early rifle hunt 

day off today so will get some miles in with Tiny Elvis this morning and then hit the gym this afternoon

DW is going to Missoula to pick up her Mom and then head over to the Flathead for a wedding tomorrow (great niece), so I (and Tiny E) will be batching it the next couple of days- two wild and crazy bachelors! 

qotd: going to watch the Grizzly game tomorrow, get some miles in Saturday and Sunday, start getting gear together for my hunt next week, nothing overly exciting

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

runtraildc

Got in 10 yesterday in near perfect weather, down Rock Creek to the national Zoo. Metro back, after a snack in a good bakery nearby. This morning I was all set to run at 4:45 am when the kiddo went into the pool. Yup, I wussed out and came home, back to bed.   It just seemed really dark outside.    And the option to run tihis afternoon, in daylight, in the woods with Chowder was just too great. So, a short easy dog jog is planned later.

qotd: Easy run in the morning, farmers market to get a crate of peaches, long run Sunday. Not much else planned, except a tentative celebratory dinner, pending DS signs the paperwork for his scholarship to be enacted. (not his fault-- bureaucracy)

TGIF! Walked a bit yesterday, will walk some more today after work.  Beautiful fall weather here.  Warm, sunny, and no fog.

AT, that's a tricky question, bet most people thought of pantophobia (as I did -- fear of everything) based on years of watching Charlie Brown Christmas Specials, not years of Latin.  All I can remember from 2 years of Latin is "semper ubi tuus sub ubi".

DHuff, great that you're supporting your DD's efforts to be more active.

Mandy, heh, Alex Honnold = pantaphobia.

Have a great day, all!

QOTD: Tomorrow, I'm volunteering at a trail race in the Berkeley hills (Tilden, Wildcat Canyon parks).  Distances form 10k-50k.  I'll be at a fairly remote aid station, which the ranger has to drive us into.  That's a new one for me.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

XtremeTaper

Total of 10 mile yesterday, 2 walking, 6 solo run up on the local trail, and a 2 mile spin with Baker around the neighborhood. Solo run was a bit slow for my regular route but not too bad. I sort of turned on the slack mode when the first 2 checkpoint times were just so-so. Cold here this morning for our regular dog walk. I had to break out the hoodie and sweat pants. About to get B out for his neighborhood loop. He has been waiting anxiously.

QOTD: Taking off this afternoon so my weekend starts soon. Golf today, maybe tomorrow too. Get the dogs out, do some cleanup in the yard that did not get done last week. Watch some college football tomorrow night, Browns on Sunday night.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Sandy-2

I am thinking about going for a little run after work today.

I did get home last night w/o too much trouble, but it was good that I checked the traffic and street closure map before I got on the road. I picked my way via a different route than normal but the roads were all clear.  There were all sorts of cars parked in weird places along the way, i.e. either "good" high-and-dry spots or "bad" low-and-flooded spots.  I took a ride on the bike when I got home yesterday to see how high the water was in the lake (it was really high), and to check on a friend who lives by the lake (he was fine, no flooding).

AT 'no fear" runner: nice job on the quiz nite.  I like the photo, so true, but the guy forgot his hydropak.   

qotd: I think it'll also be a quiet weekend.  I do want to get back into this running-thing if I can. I do have a hilly 54k coming up.

tbd.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Did you run through the zoo? That is really hilly through there.

Got in 10 yesterday in near perfect weather, down Rock Creek to the national Zoo. Metro back, after a snack in a good bakery nearby. This morning I was all set to run at 4:45 am when the kiddo went into the pool. Yup, I wussed out and came home, back to bed.   It just seemed really dark outside.    And the option to run tihis afternoon, in daylight, in the woods with Chowder was just too great. So, a short easy dog jog is planned later.

qotd: Easy run in the morning, farmers market to get a crate of peaches, long run Sunday. Not much else planned, except a tentative celebratory dinner, pending DS signs the paperwork for his scholarship to be enacted. (not his fault-- bureaucracy)

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

moonlightrunner

Sandy: hope things dry out soon. Epic rain + concrete and asphalt can lead to difficult times.

AT: congrats in the win! Nerd for sure!

Warden : sounds like you and TE are in for some wild times.

qotd: I am running a 50 k...it is gnarly, off trail, lots of water crossings and mud. And I have not run over 10 miles at a time in I cant recall how long. But I dont care...it is going to be fun...it is my favorite race. I have to be in Hell by 130 tomorrow or I will get pulled. I will haul ass when I can and crawl when I must...but I will get to Hell on time.

Gatsby: this is partially in the same place as your hundy. It will be a great break in for my new sandals. Have fun volunteering!

Have a great weekend!

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

well I left the boots and pack behind and got in a nice 6 mile run w/ Tiny E this morning

this afternoon hit the gym for a high volume strength training session sets of 10/9/8....../2/1 of deadlifts/overhead presses/chinups

amazing how much training a guy can get in when not working Smile

bachelor party tonight baby!

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

qotd: I am running a 50 k...it is gnarly, off trail, lots of water crossings and mud. And I have not run over 10 miles at a time in I cant recall how long. But I dont care...it is going to be fun...it is my favorite race. I have to be in Hell by 130 tomorrow or I will get pulled. I will haul ass when I can and crawl when I must...but I will get to Hell on time.

Gatsby: this is partially in the same place as your hundy. It will be a great break in for my new sandals. Have fun volunteering!

Have a great weekend!

Is it Dances With Dirt in Hell?  I heard about it.  Sounds pretty crazy!  Have fun!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR