Trailer Trash

Labor Pains 12 Hour Trail Race (Read 54 times)

Occasional Runner

Is anybody from here doing this race this year? Jo and are flying out to PA so we can run it. It's one of those races that I hope I never miss.

We would love to see some of you there.

XtremeTaper

Not running this year. Not sure yet if I will head over during the day to do a lap or two or just drink a Spaten or two instead.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Occasional Runner

It's a good day for drinking beer and hanging out with friends in the trail running community. You should spend a couple hours out there if you can spare the time.

mecrowe

Computer Geek

It was on my list earlier this year but got bumped due to some family plans for the holiday weekend.   Hope you all have fun out there!

--mike

Would love to be there to volunteer/cheer people on but I will be traveling to NY for a family reunion. Have a great time!

muppy

I'm gonna be there, not sure I can do as much as I hoped due to pulled groin that set me back for a while. I plan to just go slow, have fun and see what happens!

Irish Luck

Is anybody from here doing this race this year? Jo and are flying out to PA so we can run it. It's one of those races that I hope I never miss.

We would love to see some of you there.

Yes. The mister and I are returning for our 2nd Labor Pain. We just spent time with Jack over the weekend and we were all talking about it and getting excited.  We'll be there with the "Taj Mahal tent." 

BT survivor since 2003. Trail runner since 2009.

I think brain surgery stimulated my running nerve and made me into a trail runner. I'm grateful for both.

Occasional Runner

Do you guys have distance goals in mind?

Yes. The mister and I are returning for our 2nd Labor Pain. We just spent time with Jack over the weekend and we were all talking about it and getting excited.  We'll be there with the "Taj Mahal tent." 

Irish Luck

Yes!  I did my first 50K there last year and hoping to hit 40 miles and the hubby is going for 50 miles.  We shall see if my body cooperates--been dealing with a sprained knee. At the very least, I'm going to have fun because it's what that day is all about.

BT survivor since 2003. Trail runner since 2009.

I think brain surgery stimulated my running nerve and made me into a trail runner. I'm grateful for both.

Occasional Runner

Yes!  I did my first 50K there last year and hoping to hit 40 miles and the hubby is going for 50 miles.  We shall see if my body cooperates--been dealing with a sprained knee. At the very least, I'm going to have fun because it's what that day is all about.

I don't think I feel that ambitious.

muppy

I'm trying to just relax, run and have fun,(its my first time at an ultra distance) however I would be very happy if I could make 50K.  I think I'm going to just run a lap, see how I feel and run another lap.

AT-runner

Tim

DW and I had a change in weekend plans, and may try to get there.  Always a fun time, and we missed it last year due to a family function.  We may just run together, or I'll just drink a few Spaten, not sure.  Ron says the course is slightly different this year.  Might be a bit more hills but less rocks (looks like he got rid of that drainage ditch area that was pretty rocky).

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Occasional Runner

DW and I had a change in weekend plans, and may try to get there.  Always a fun time, and we missed it last year due to a family function.  We may just run together, or I'll just drink a few Spaten, not sure.  Ron says the course is slightly different this year.  Might be a bit more hills but less rocks (looks like he got rid of that drainage ditch area that was pretty rocky).

I know exactly where you're talking about. It's where we used to start the out and back for the Half Wit. We had the beer table sitting right there too.

XtremeTaper

I'm trying to just relax, run and have fun,(its my first time at an ultra distance) however I would be very happy if I could make 50K.  I think I'm going to just run a lap, see how I feel and run another lap.

If you do that 6 times, you almost have 50k. Very doable.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Occasional Runner

If you do that 6 times, you almost have 50k. Very doable.

That's how I finished my first 50k back in 2010.