Trailer Trash

Where's Warden Wednesdaily (Read 18 times)

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

No run this morning but walked 4+ miles.  I am looking to run some at lunch.  Passed the halfway point for GVRAT.

Hoping Warden got through his adventure this weekend.  Unsure when we was or is supposed to be back.

QOTD: pass

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

LB2

I ran the normal loop this morning. I may get out for a hike after work and a little bit longer run in the morning. I have to go to a funeral for a state trooper who was killed in line of duty. When I was a mayor, I was the first person to hire him as a law enforcement officer. Honestly, many small towns have limited options with hiring qualified people, but in this case, he was top notch at any level. He was one of the best people I have ever known, always wanting to help people and never took advantage of his position to help himself. I have to say a few words, and it will be difficult.

QOTD: Do you know people on a personal level who act like they are experts on every controversial subject on social media? If so, has it changed how you interact with them when you see them in person?

I know quite a few social media epidemiologists who were constitutional scholars back in January. One thing I have learned about being an expert on anything is that the deeper your knowledge becomes about a subject your questions about that same subject should increase, which makes simple answers difficult to give. Nothing is as simple as it seems on the surface. I try to avoid these people whenever possible.

LB2

Sandy-2

Some relief this morning, it was 66 deg. Ok still 95% humidity, but I'll take it!!!  I rattled off 12 miles.

Dr J - I'm about 4 days behind you, I'm at mile 274, I think I'll be able to hit the halfway point next Sunday. That's if I don't get sidetracked by too much lightening.

mt - Hello? Where are you?  Stay safe out there.  But we are waiting for really epic stories and photos. 

qotd: No, if someone on social media goes off too much I just ignore them. Then I don't see too many social media folks IRL.

tbd.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

2 runs this week and hip is ok....going to walk today.

qotd:  Not really...at least not on social media.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

QOTD: Do you know people on a personal level who act like they are experts on every controversial subject on social media? If so, has it changed how you interact with them when you see them in person?

Maybe not at expert level, but I probably have a wider background than the average social media poster with degrees in political science (minors in math and philosophy), biochemistry,  theology, and IT, so I suppose I could fit that description.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K, 9:11:09
                  05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

AT-runner

Tim

Opposite of Jamie, ran 5.5 over lunch and will get in a walk later.

I think Warden was hoping to be done by the 28th. Hope he is doing well. I miss not being able to track him.

QOTD:  I unfollow anyone on social media who gets political or talks too much nonsense (which is 1/2 of my relatives).  I have a few patients who think they know more about their condition than I do because they Googled it.  I'm usually pretty diplomatic in telling them the right information.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

XtremeTaper

6+ last night with Baker on the wilder side of the lake. Sort of a slow shuffling run. What else is new? Managed to snag a choice spot at the trail head. It was the only one left. Warm evening, low 80's, but comfortable in the shade of the woods.

Dog wog this morning and sweated a bit during the jog portion. Solo run up at the local trail at lunch today was slow as well. Sort of packed it in after the first mile as I wasn't feeling it. So much for my speed work for the week. Still, 5 miles in the books. I'll jog a few road miles with the dogs later and perhaps mow the yard tonight before retiring to the deck for a cold beer.

QOTD: I do not know of anyone like that, but then again I do not do social media other than running forum.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Gator eye

Dr j / Sandy. - looks like we’re all pretty close. I think I hit 287. It might be 297 with today’s run Not sure if it was added in my total

qotd: I don’t do much on the inter web beside get free expert medical advice off of web md. 

Have a great day!

AT-runner

Tim

qotd: I don’t do much on the inter web beside get free expert medical advice off of web md. 

It's always cancer. 

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway!