Trailer Trash

Wandering Wednesdaily (Read 35 times)

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Morning all!

I'm a bit banged up from a fall on my bike over the weekend, but it's mostly just superficial.  I ran Sunday and Monday and am debating over whether it's smart to run tonight or if I should take another day off. I won't get in much running time this weekend, as I'll crewing for a friend's first 100.  Hmmm.  Decisions, decisions!

QOTD: No.  I'm just jealous that he's running a lot more than I am right now.  Happy for him, but still jealous.

Running is dumb.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Morning,

Among the living again today, after one and a half days off in bed due to some weird body-and-stomach-bug. Still not back to normal today, so I'm giving it another day off, despite the wonderful weather. On the other hand, if I ran really fast, maybe I could make it to the porta-potty 3/4 miles toward the bike path? Not sure how I'd get back, though - better stick with the rest day!

I had blamed the Memorial Day Carnival for my misery, but this morning when I dropped off DS at his preschool, I overheard one of the dads make a comment about his daughter "barfing all over the place" yesterday and the day before - guess that solves the mystery. Kids!

On a side note, I have decided to skip the Rothrock Trail Challenge this year. I'll have to work (could get in late, but don't want to stretch it too far), I'm not 100%, and I'm rather working on getting ready for the OC100 than paying attention to any more races. I might do the Tussey Teaser on June 2nd, though (just a FA 10-miler).

lace: Pleasant overnight flight - is this possible? Enjoy your time overseas!

Snowden: Have fun on the boat trip!

Birdwell: Better than zero anytime!

Jamie: So I guess you did not miss any views.

traildc: Strange encounter. I wonder why they let her go? Maybe it was a side effect of some medication?

Sandy: Have a fun run later, in the heat of the day...

T&C: There seems to be some advantage to knowing the different kinds of yoga, and when to use it. Maybe I'll get into this one day. Enjoy the session, and happy recovery!

O2: Nice runs, done and planned.

Taper: Sounds like a wonderful run, and some fun entertainment for the mind.

AT: Hope your foot will heal up soon again!

warden: Enjoy the hill/s!

SR: Welcome! Central PA here.

Edit: Mandy: Glad you are back to running again, and making great progress. Just take it easy. Sorry for your fall over the weekend - did the holiday throw you off (literally)? Big grin Hope you'll heal up soon!

QOTD: Sometimes, but not too serious. Generally, DH and the family support my running.

Enjoy the wonderful day, everyone!

Run for fun.

Thanks for the link:

I know Banshee, not personally, her blog is cool and very inspiring. We were in the Baker 50 last year and both did Glacier Ridge this year. She was smart and just did the 30K. Lots of mud, wind, and cool temps. I completed 50Mi with 8 minutes to spare and lost 4 weeks with a pulled hammy. I did learn alot, and that is what it is all about!

Kids will get it, some take longer. My 15 yr. old step-daughter does track. She is not a sprinter but tries real hard, tried the CC angle with her and got stone walled. I have hope.

My 8yr daughter can do about mile and then gets distracted, and that is OK.

Yes - several of us from PA.  Some that frequent from Western PA I think (mecrowe & banshee).    But I like your answer about why you run to your kids.  My 8 yr old this morning got up and said "Daddy - did you just get back from running?" Yes I said.  His response in a whiney voice "why you always got to go running??"  I generally have no response for them.  Maybe someday they will get it.

Welcome!

Oh and see the PA trail/ultra group (link in my sig line).  Not as active but many PA specific questions get posted there.

under a rock

Did four trail miles with my bff this morning on our only flat trail in town. BFF and I have been having some great runs lately. A few years back when she first started we used to run faster. She took more than a year off due to her knee and I've had various injuries (ITB and a soleus strain) as well the past few years but have been back at it again longer than she. She started running again this spring. We've made a conscious decision to run much slower than we did in the past this time around and we are both feeling the benefits. Hopefully this will  continue to pay off for the both of us. I really missed her while she was on hiatus from running.

QOTD: My running doesn't cause any family conflicts. DH is a casual runner, pretty off and on about it. He plays tennis and as long as he gets to play a few days a week it's all good. Since I'm a stay at home mom, I get to do my running in the mornings while ds is at preschool. So, DH gets most afternoons to play tennis, run, or go for a walk. Compared to my former sport of riding horses, running takes up very little of my family time and is 100 times cheaper and safer. So, dh is more than happy to indulge any extra time I may spend running.

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

4-7 after work is on the plan.  Nice and easy.

Qotd: I have 3 hours after work before gf gets home.  She will sleep at least until 11 on the weekends if I let her.  I make an effort to be considerate.  She goes on spats where she runs also.  I don't run many races and I plan them months in advance.

**Ask me about streaking**

Daydreamer1

I took the Hokas out for a 13.1 mile trail run. I think this may be the last trail run for them. The soles are getting pretty chewed up and starting to peel off. They have just over 1000 miles on them. Weather was miserable in the 80s and very humid. Now it's time to read a few chapters for a test I have tonight for my personal defense class. I'm still trying to figure out why colleges make you take a PE credit.

QOTD: I get very little flak from DW about my running or biking. She knows it keeps me sane.

Ultra Cowboy

I ran 2.5 road miles this am with my new Salomon S Lab 12 Pack.  I like it.  I'm glad I didn't settle for the UD vest.

The Guy at REI called it a PFD...I didn't correct him.

This Afternoon I'm headed to the doctor to look at a tick bite.  It got Red overnight.  Better to be safe than sorry.

as for the QOTD, let's just say my wife does not actively support my running endevours.  More of an active disinterest.  Not an attractive quality.

WYBMADIITY

Save

Chnaiur

4.5 early morning bike path miles on this inbetween day: between yesterday's weights and tomorrows long trail run. I don't like running in the morning, but after about 20 minutes it started feeling OK.

QOTD: no real conflicts, mostly because I do my long runs during the week, and haven't raced in almost two years.

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k

Brian Runner

10 miles this evening. 3 solo before the group showed up, and then 7 more with friends. Muddy, muggy and fun.

Watoni

Got in about 4.5 miles between meetings on the rogue equestrian only trails (cutting through Chuck Schwab's property).

QOTD: I am amazing supported in spirit and every way other than my family being there to crew or cheer most of the time. They have their own events, so that is a great compromise.