Trailer Trash

Soupy Saturdailies (Read 27 times)

The pooch and I had a great 8 mile trail run on the wet trails from last night's deluge.

QOTD: pass

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

Occasional Runner

15 tough miles in the mountains this morning. We're headed out now for my running groups annual BEER MILE! We have to chug a beer then run 1/4 mile loop course, chug a beer....repeat for 4 laps, etc. The winner did it in 7:34 last year. That's pretty quick for running a mile and pounding 4 beers. I'm hoping to beat the course record.

dpc3

12 miles on some tired legs

TT: nice run with the pooch

Lace: good luck shotgunning the beer!

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

nice (but tough) run up the backside of Mt Jumbo, missed the fork down to the "L" and ended up going to far down the main ridge- ended up going cross-country and side hilling a couple of miles before making it back to the L.  found two mysterious "setups"- each had two 55 gallon plastic drums w/ a water hose leading out of them headed uphill (~ 20') to what looked like a small trampoline, roughly 12x12'

ended up w/ 8 miles, was planning on 5

tomorrow I'm hoping to run the entire Pengelly Double Dip, I probably should have taken it a little easier today- oh well Big grin

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

I ran the Beidelheimer Sidewinder 10k (Tussey Teaser #3) today. It is leg 4 of the Tussey Mountainback 50M, but run backwards. It was fun, RR to follow.

TT: You and Marley are the best trained team on this site!

lace_up: Have fun on the beer run!

dpc: Way to tough it out!

warden: Strange contraptions, any idea what they are for?

No QOTD yet? Enjoy the day, runners!

Run for fun.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

warden: Strange contraptions, any idea what they are for?

I really don't, at first I'm thinking some kind of grow operation, but one is in the middle of a talus slope- the trampoline affair could be to catch rain water and then run downhill into the barrels, but they are a long ways from anything- so it's got me scratching my head

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Sandy-2

Did a really great 18 miler with my DD this morning.  I was running down the main trail, which unfortunatly is paved (don't ask just know that the county was involved with making the "trail"), while she was on the adjacent horse trails.  The trail is really great though, it runs along a stream through the woods in the middle of nowhere.   We also had thunderstorms with about 4 inches of rain last night so it was extremely muggy this morning and the dirt trails were a mess, adds a lot of weight to the shoes when there is an inch or so of mud sticking to them.  For the most part I took the main trail so I wouldn't slow them down too much.  At the far end of the trail is a county park with bathrooms, water hoses, pavilions, etc. so that's nice.  It was also fun to let the kids who where there pet the horse.  Anyway just a great time out in the woods.  Sitting at the stables where my DD works, which was where our ride/run S/F, with my DD and some of her friends, eating a yogurt and drinking cold water was heaven.  Heres a photo taken at the stables just after we were done.

Then on the way home I met my DW at the gym and did 20 minutes on the stair climber.

tbd.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Sandy, sounds like a wonderful run and some great post-run time! Nice picture of you and your daughter, thanks for sharing.

The horse looks very lean, is it a distance athlete?

Run for fun.

jonferg67

Endless trails

Easy 12 for me today, weather was cool and rainy-

near perfect running weather. I think I'm getting my

mojo back, I didn't feel tired until the last half mile.

Cool pic, sandy. What a great way to run and still have

family time.

QOTD: Do you warm up before running?

Low_O2

Hello all!

14.4 miles up and down the La Luz trail with the dog this morning for ~ 4400ft elev gain. Felt sluggish on the climb, but ended up with one of my best times so maybe I was just pushing harder than I thought. The downhill was pretty rough though, knee was aching and legs aren't used to that long of a down. Felt great to get up where the air is thin again!

TT: Sounds like a good run, lucky pooch you have there!

Lace- Nice run, gotta love tough mountain miles! Good luck in the beer mile, I've always wanted to try one of those.

Dpc: Nice job cranking out 12, sounds like you should be well prepared for Jemez! One of these days our schedules and injuries(mostly mine...) will align for a run....

Warden - You always seem to have some cool adventurous runs, sounds like another good one! Could those contraptions be some sort of guzzler? Quite a variety around here to catch and store rain water for the desert critters, kind of sounds like it could be another style?

FTYC - nice job on the 10k, look forward to the RR!

Sandy - Cool picture, sounds like a nice run!

jonferg- You sneaked in there... Good to hear your feeling good, sounds like perfect running weather!

QOTD: I try to at least do a fast walk the first 1/4-1/2mile since I seem to be kind of injury prone. But definitely slack off on the warm up when I'm not injured....

Sandy-2

The horse looks very lean, is it a distance athlete? 

Yup, that's Chief and he is in great shape.  He's done a few 50, 75 and 100 milers.  He's 100% pure Arabian.  Arabians are like the marathon runners of the horse world, they are lean and can run forever.  It's amaizing how thin they are when you look at them straight-on from the front.

If you include a few hours of hold times, I still think his best 50 miler was done somewhere around 6 or 7 hours (I'd have to check with the DD for sure though).  He's still pretty young, and he's a badass !!!

tbd.

jbyram2

Eat to run, Run to eat

Ran around 15.6 in Mercer park. 65*F, light rain.  Was so glad to be back on trails, after training for the NJ marathon on roads and cement and asphalt.  Everything is so green since the last time I ran trails there!. At last gave the new Salomons a good christening in streams, puddles and mud; they seems to drain out just fine.

Saw a baby fawn, so young it could hardly walk.

Lace's beer mile sounds like the Hog 'n jog race near us:  Run 2 miles, eat a quart of ice cream, run 2 miles back.

Stone Mill 50m 11/16/13  12:42

Febapple Frozen 50k 2/22/14  9:20:55

DIrty German 50m 5/18/14 12:06:16

Birdwell

afternoon folks!

just got back from a very hilly 5 miler.

QOTD: what's warm up?

NorthernHarrier

Back in town, maybe enough time to bother some of my neighbors by doing some late lawn mowing. Hee,hee!  Lake finally broke up this morning but of course it also started snowing. What a fucked up spring. Couple good runs in up there and a real nice mountain biking at a different venue. Played Paul Bunyan and had no trees land on me so that's good.

Playing with my GPS and just really wondering how accurate those things really are on a twisting. hilly single track thru a thick canopy. I can't really be that slow can I? Shocked

QOTD- For general running-No. When I was into road racing I went thru a fine tuned warm-up process like I must have thought I was an Olympian or something. Jeesh, what a loser. Joking

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Sandy: One of my friends in school had an Arabian, they are very nice horses. Just by looking at them, one would never guess they have such great endurance and speed, they look rather small and skinny, but are 100% muscle when nicely trained. Chief looks very young, great horse!

jonfer: Nice miles!

O2: Lots of elevation, wow! Sounds like a respectable climb!

jbyram: When I was running through the forest today, I also felt almost overwhelmed by all that lush green. What a difference to that "wintery" brown/grey!

birdwell: Good workout!

Harrier: Sounds like you had a great time. And of course that GPS is inaccurate, don't let it discourage you!

QOTD: No, just some bouncing to survive the usual pre-race deep-freeze!

Run for fun.