Trailer Trash

Monday Morning March (Read 36 times)

LB2

I'll do 5 to 7 on the road this evening after work.

QOTD: Pass.

LB2

AT-runner

Tim

Low running weekend for me so I'll cancel my typical Monday SRD and get a run in at lunch.

Ran "Ghouls and Fools " night time trail run on Saturday evening.  DW and I ran together, and at mile 2, she had a bad ankle twist (when the pile of leaves was not just leaves).  She hobbled the rest of the way but finished.  We didn't hang around after the race to socialize much because her ankle was becoming a cankle.  She's healing now, so hopefully back running quickly.

Couch - Sorry about your cat.  Is this the one from your old glowing Avatar?

QOTD:  Time change this weekend.  Love it or hate it, and does it change your running schedule at all?

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Occasional Runner

I went for a hike on the trails behind the house this morning to loosen my legs up and look for pains and aches.

Time to taper for the Moab Trail Marathon this Saturday. It's such a beautiful and fun course.

AT- I love that race. Sorry you didn't get to hang around afterward. PCS races have the best social atmosphere.

QOTD: It won't do anything to change my routine.

moonlightrunner

7 on tap for later today. Looks like a beautiful, crisp autumn day...perfect for a trail run. The horse trails at the state park should be empty and there just for my trail running pleasure. I love not having to worry about mtbers coming up on me at a high rate of speed. Their presence annoys me.

qotd: for a few weeks it will give me more light for morning runs. Since at night I don't get home from work until 8pmish....it is now dark anyway.  If anything the shorter days just make me feel less ambitious...not good for my running.

ftyc: sorry about your cat. Animals make a place in our hearts that feels empty when we lose them. I hope your kids did OK with it. I like the idea of burial on a running area.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

AT-runner

Tim

AT- I love that race. Sorry you didn't get to hang around afterward. PCS races have the best social atmosphere.

The  Liederkranz has a new fire pit, and after the race an 80 year old man was walking around playing the accordion singing "Roll out the Barrel" - a true PCS evening.

We showed up early so got to hang out with Ron and Helene before the crowds came, so got some social time.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Hi all. Still not feeling great, but will go out for 6 or 7 around lunch or after work. This is the start of my taper for Stone Mill, but after zero miles Sat or Sun, I'm not going to cut back as much as I planned.

QOTD: Like waking up in the light again, but hate leaving work in the dark.

Low_O2

Hello all.

Had a great Sandia Crossing run yesterday, even though I got off course for a 2+ mile 1000ft descent and ascent detour 3 miles from the finish. Turned what should have been a 29 mile 5200ft gain run into a 50k with 6300 ft of gain. Finished the long route in 5:10. Felt surprisingly good and they ended up giving me the honorary win, since I had over 20 min lead before getting off course.

QOTD: Hate it. Don't know why they can't just leave it alone, it's all just a number anyway. Might be a good reason to make the jump to morning running, but probably won't happen.

runtraildc

Morning!  got in an easy, slow 5 miles late yesterday.  I'm planning to get a run in later today (3 or so with younger DS plus another couple).  Head to southern Ohio early tomorrow so I'm mapping out some runs there.  Anyone with knowledge of good trails (and safe for a solo, female runner) in the Cincinnati/Dayton area, please let me know.

qotd;  Yes, it changes my routes for my 'swim practice' runs. I have to move from the trails to the roads.   Mornings will still be in the dark, so that doesn't make a difference.

couch- I'm sorry to hear about your cat.

Wandering Wally

Resting today.

QOTD - No changes.  It'll still be dark either way.

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

LB2

QOTD: I won't change my routine much. I may get some extra batteries for my headlamp, but other than that, I will just run when my schedule allows it, night or day.

LB2

sugnim

It's been 6 days since I've gone for a run.  Having a newborn in the house sure changes things.  I wish I could take him with me for a run, but he's still too little.

QOTD:  I wish they would just leave the time alone.  I don't think that switching the clocks twice a year accomplishes anything other than confusion.

Marley and I hit the trails for a couple hours this morning, me on the MTB and her running along.

QOTD: Being retired it has pretty much no effect on me any more.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Still at work, started early and was hoping for a run after, but I have to stay late, and with DS being ill today, it's probably not going to happen. Sigh.

AT: yes, it was the "GloCat". It is always so sad having to let a pet go, but it is so worth it having them live with us. He's had a good and adventureous life, and I'm sure he's all well now.

QOTD: I don't mind the time change, it keeps time moving along, although I prefer to have longer evenings with daylight. If they kept DST year-round, I'd be happy.

Run for fun.

Chnaiur

Couch, sorry about the cat Sad

Will do 3 and weights today.

I hate the time change. It is the deathblow to runs in the evening sun, and it throws the kids totally off rhythm. All for no good reason.

Here is a great video on why it makes no sense:

http://www.cgpgrey.com/blog/daylight-saving-time-explained.html

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k

Couch, sorry about your kitty.

I think that with daylight savings time set year round everything would eventually default to starting later and pretty soon we would be back to standard time for all practical purposes.  So while it really doesn't matter to me any more, DST still serves a good purpose IMO.

Still at work, started early and was hoping for a run after, but I have to stay late, and with DS being ill today, it's probably not going to happen. Sigh. AT: yes, it was the "GloCat". It is always so sad having to let a pet go, but it is so worth it having them live with us. He's had a good and adventureous life, and I'm sure he's all well now. QOTD: I don't mind the time change, it keeps time moving along, although I prefer to have longer evenings with daylight. If they kept DST year-round, I'd be happy.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida