Trailer Trash

Happy Wednesdailies (Read 20 times)

dhuffman63

Trails

I got 2 miles in last night on the TM and it felt wonderful...even better, no back pain today.  Fingers crossed I'm over this back issue.  I read on Dr. Google that mild bulging discs can repair themselves and I hope that's true.

DH is going to start working with me on strength training, I need someone to make sure my form is good.  I also ordered The Happy Runner by David and Megan Roche.  Who know maybe someday I'll be a happy runner...not just a happy hiker...lol.

qotd: Anyone have any experience with MS?  My DD had to go to the ER yesterday with pins and needles on her face and the MRI guy said he thinks he saw lesions that look like MS.  She's getting a referral to a neurologist and all sorts of blood work to rule out RA, lupus, diabetes, whatever else.  She's only 27 and has a 2 year old.  I hate for her to go through this.

Sandy-2

Yay my boring meetings are over!!  Squeezed in 4 miles after the meeting but before dinner.  Went the other direction along the coastline trail (the other way is better).

qoth: no experience w/MS, but I sure hope that your DD is okay and the test all come back negative.

tbd.

AT-runner

Tim

Should have time for a 3-4 miles run over lunch. More and more busses on the Battlefield roads, so not sure where I'll end up. Touron Season is fastly approaching. 

dhuff - good luck with your strength coach.

Sandy - I'm an anti-meeting guy.  Most of what gets done in meetings I have to go to could be expressed and solved in an email chain.

QOTD: Um, yes. PM me when results come back and if you have any questions. Hopefully she sees a neurologist who explains things. First MS symptom is usually vision changes, then the the "pins and needles".  MS symptoms tend to come and go, so tell her not to stress out. I have patients who have been 6-7 years between flare-ups.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Bert-o

I lost my rama

dhuffman - Glad to hear your back is getting better.  Fingers crossed with DD, and sorry to hear that at her age.  Really tough, but hang in there.

Sandy - Nice you're able to get some miles in while on business travel, especially in new and far off places!

AT - Is Touron Season like Turkey Season?  If so, don't shoot too many of them. 

QOTD:  No experience with MS.

I finally got out to run 8 last night after 9 days of no running.  Pretty interesting how your fitness deteriorates both muscularly and cardiovascularly in such a short period of time.  Hope it bounces back though.  Will try for another 8 tonight.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

XtremeTaper

Yesterday, I took a lunchtime run at Coventry Woods as I needed to stop by the LRS to pick up some shoes I ordered and those trails are nearby. Nice day,  mild and just breezy instead of howling winds. I sort of hammered this run for me as of late, just under 68 minutes for the very hilly ~7 mile loop. I guess that is my good run for the week and the remaining runs will be stiff and creaky. I'll take it though.

Mower repair went well ($10 part, 5-10 minute install) and did get the lawn finally mowed. Had some real thick patches in the front yard so could not mulch mow. Will get a run in with the Lady this evening at a TTBD.

QOTD: Sorry no experience with MS. I hope all the tests come back negative. Wishing you the best.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Daydreamer1

Got in 5.2 miles of a walk/run with DW last night. Hoping to get in another 5-6 miles of something today.  But first I have to go pick up 10 trees from the county conservation district.  All Oaks thatI'm going to plant in my field that I just took back from my neighbor who was renting it.  The plan is to put in a hundred or so trees over the next few years.  A mixture of oak, hickory and some maple.

re:   Touron season.   Touron hunting is easier then turkey hunting.  Turkeys are rather smart, tourons.........................not so much.  When I was working full time in the Hershey area we  had to deal with tons of them every year.  Somewhere I saw someone made up a bumper sticker that read  "If it's Tourist season why can't we Hunt them?"  Never was able to actually find one though.

Back in 2003 we drove up to Alaska. While up there I watched a bunch of Tourons at a small store/restaurant just causing the staff a lot of needless hassles just being stupid.  Since we were driving ourselves we could just hang back and wait for them to leave. When they did the place was almost empty and a I jokingly made the hunting comment to the owner who just a few minutes before was obviously very frustrated and complaining to his employees about it..........................and he was rather insulted by the comments .   And that was even after I told him I had to deal with tourists all the time.

QOTD:  Hearing things like MS is never a good thing for someone. At the same time tell her to just relax.  First it's only a preliminary  diagnosis.  Second I've known a few people with MS and one of the things that consistently causes it to flare up is stress.  One man I know was about 30 years old and was told he'd be in a wheelchair in a few years.  Learning to reduce stress helped him a lot.  At this point he's about 65 and going strong with only occasional flareups.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

DW, Tiny E and myself hit the trails yesterday evening for 4 miles- remarkably the 2-3" of fresh snow has already vanished Smile

Off today, so Tiny E and I will get some miles in later.

@dhuffman what are you going to be doing for strength training?

qotd: no personal experience with it, myself or family, but a close work friend's wife was diagnosed with it a couple of years ago- she's doing really well and knock on wood, hasn't had much of an impact on her daily life thus far

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

speaking of tourists Smile

we have a popular bumper sticker

Welcome to Montana!

now go home

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Nothing. But speaking of strength training, I need to get in some today.

Warden - speaking of Montana - what was the deal with the petition for Montana to be sold to Canada? I think that was a month or two ago.

QOTD: No experience but I pray for the best for your DD.

Happy humping!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Warden - speaking of Montana - what was the deal with the petition for Montana to be sold to Canada? I think that was a month or two ago.

just some jackass spouting off; what would be really funny is if Mr Hammond got lost traveling and ended up in Montana- he'd surely get a very "warm" welcome 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

AT-runner

Tim

AT - Is Touron Season like Turkey Season?  If so, don't shoot too many of them. 

A sop owner used that word years ago, and I always loved it. It really explains our gettysburg Tourist-Morons.  For some reason, people forget gettysburg is a functioning town and not Disney World. They'll stop cars in the middle of a busy road if they see a cannon in the distance, or walk across traffic to the circle in the center of the square to get a picture.  When my office was in town, I was walking to get lunch and a car stopped and asked me "hey where's the field at?".  Guess he didn't know it was a 3 day battle and fighting was all over. I gave him directions to the HS football field, and to this day wonder what happened to him. 

Warden - I'd move to Montanada.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Ran with the group this morning.  Almost to the parking lot when I sighted a large brown ass going over the fence.  I rushed to the spot but could not see him in the woods...although I could hear him.  And Warden don't listen to your wife it was really was a bear.    6.5 miles.  Spring is here; the park was very green and it's suppose to be 74 degrees tomorrow. 

PS--My coffee is off the chart yummy today.

QOTD:  No and I sure hope the doctor is wrong about your daughter. 

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

moonlightrunner

Dhuff: I hope it turns out to be not MS. Story though about preliminary results. We took my dad into the ED due to severe back pain. They did an MRI. ED doc came in and told us that he had metasticized cancer in his back and that we were likely looking at a hospice situation.i worked with a lot of docs and practices, so I quickly got him in to see a neurosurgeon. No cancer .just normal aging with stenosis. The diagnosis we were given was from the radiologist ..o e of those "could be" statements in the report. He ended up having back surgery.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Daydreamer1

Hadn't heard about that one.  I propose that we make a counter petition to allow Alberta to join us down here.  That would make for a nice string of parks starting with Glacier and ending with Jasper.   Then you have things like the Calgary stampede thrown in on top of that for some icing on the cake.

Who knows the new guy in charge up there may just go for it

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

^ good idea Smile

^^^ I believe you Sue Smile

nice day here- low 40's, overcast with just a light precipitation- perfect!  7 miles for Tiny E and I, he found this (coyote kill of yearling fawn)  about 50' below the trail- of course he got a big mouthful of nasty deer hair before I could stop him! :rolleyes:

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √