Trailer Trash

Fridailies the 13th again (Read 32 times)

Marley and I had another nice 4 mile trail run. I still needed my spikes, but the snow and ice are disappearing fast.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

Watoni

Nice!

I got in early to work, so no ride yet today, but I have done at least a little ride the last six days to do about 100 miles total with 10,000 elevation gain ... baby steps

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Rest day today.  Trying to decide if I want to do my originally planned run tomorrow.  I have been hoping to get a nice mountainous 16 miles in tomorrow.  BUT I am unaware of the conditions of the trail as there is sure to be still some snow/ice and plenty of melting.  This in and of itself I don't mind but it is supposed to rain all night and tomorrow morning making it a huge muddy mess.  I also am crunched for time meaning I need to hit the trail super early.  Ughhh! What should I do? Ditch this run and replace with another run (maybe road)? I am torn...

Watoni - way to be patient.  I know it is killing you.

QOTD: Based on my above question, have you ever had any runs you regretted?

Have a great weekend!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

16 miles?!?!  Holy crap, Jamie!  You're really racking up the miles.  Where's Sue? 

I would like to report that I ran 3 days in a row!  SUCCESS!  That's my green light to transition to 5 days a week.  I'm really stoked. I'm also really stoked that we're supposed to hit 67 degrees today!  Whaaaattt?  That means I am taking my trusty blue steed out for a ride after work.  Reunited with my bike, at last!  Thinking about 20-25 miles or so.

QOTD: Sure, I've regretted runs.  I've regretted runs I've done while injured, runs that I wound up post holing for miles, runs that just weren't smart to do at the time (lightning, hail, tornado sirens, extreme cold, etc.)   You know, those runs where you get home and think, "Man, that was kind of dumb."

Running is dumb.

AT-runner

Tim

Jamie and Mandy - I'm so happy to hear the amount of runs you guys are doing.

SRD today.  I still keep to 5 days a week running anf it works well for me.  Rain all day tomorrow so will probably do the shorter of the 2 runs tomorrow and go long on Sunday.

QOTD:  I don't know if I've regretted any, but I've had a few runs that were probably stupid.  One that comes to mind is an afternoon run while I was away at a conference in Raleigh, NC.  It was very hot and I knew I didn't have enough water, but I was to stubborn stupid to cut it short, so I ended up walking it in.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Lunch time run of 5 miles is planned for today.

QOTD:  Never Jaime...only regretted it for the runs I did not do!    Go into the woods and enjoy yourself even if you don't get as many miles because of the conditions.  You will be happy.

.  Ughhh! What should I do? Ditch this run and replace with another run (maybe road)? I am torn...

QOTD: Based on my above question, have you ever had any runs you regretted?

Mandy:  I am trudging away with low mile...my goal calendar has informed me that I am 108.2 miles behind and only 109 days left to reach my goal...and I am 97 miles behind you.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

XtremeTaper

Ran 5 today on the roads at lunchtime. Will hit the trails this evening for 5-6 more. Stacking up the miles this week. With any luck I will find some dry or at least muddy trail today.

QOTD: I've done my share of stupid runs (virgil crest 50 miler with a wicked case of ITBS comes to mind) but I don't regret any runs in particular. Well, maybe one. Back in 2006 I was in very good shape training for the Chicago Marathon. Nearly sub3 shape. I was using a Pfitz plan at the time and 5 days from race day the plan always had you do a few miles at race pace. Went out and did that run and my right hamstring tightened up midway into that run something fierce. Always wonder how that Chicago race would have went without that training run. I finished Chicago that year but the hamstring seized up on me at the halfway point. Still that day gave me an interesting perspective to the marathon so perhaps no regrets after all.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Daydreamer1

SRD due to spending the day at work.

QOTD:  I really can't think of any. There were some that I probably shouldn't have done or had to cut short, but nothing that I really regretted.

Actually there is one race that I regret running. March 2013 I had the choice of doing a run with Jame or doing a 1/2 marathon that I had signed up to do. I decided to do the 1/2, twisted my ankle and had to switch from the Hyner 50k to the 25k.  It took me until fall to get my running fitness back because of that sprain.  I often wondered how that year would have turned out if I had bagged the race and went running with Jame.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Finally done with work and errands, and it was one of those days which you'd rather not remember - if there wasn't the evidence... 

I'll spare you the details. Just two tablet computers recovering from kids' TLC, one scratched and dented, the other with water dripping out of the connectors.  Two different accidents.

I'm determined to get in a run today, though I don't know when. Planning on 6-12 miles.

TT: Sounds wonderful!

Watoni: I wouldn't call that "baby" steps, baby giant perhaps...

Jamie: How many miles???  Seems you are recovering well. I'd start out a bit later and go shorter. The mud will guarantee a strength workout anyway.

MM: So a single data point of 3 times in a row is enough to draw the regression line and extrapolate it to 5 times a week? Hmmm... Sounds good to me... 

AT: Checked the weather for Sunday? It might be snowing by then. 

Queen: Hope you had a nice run for lunch!

XT: This winter got me wondering whether icy, or snow-covered and soft is better than muddy. 

QOTD: I guess there were a few. One stupid run sticks out, it was when I realized already 2 miles in that it would be a disaster, but kept going for 10 miles, mostly walking, without water, in the heat, feeling dizzy and nauseous. I was just too stubborn stupid to call it a day early. Wait, didn't I just read that somewhere above? 

Run for fun.

AT-runner

Tim

QOTD: I guess there were a few. One stupid run sticks out, it was when I realized already 2 miles in that it would be a disaster, but kept going for 10 miles, mostly walking, without water, in the heat, feeling dizzy and nauseous. I was just too stubborn stupid to call it a day early. Wait, didn't I just read that somewhere above? 

Stubborn Stupid Great minds think alike. 

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

runtraildc

Got in a short, fast run with a friend I haven't run with in a while. Need to meet up with her more often as my pace was definitely faster.  And it's hilly- short and steep ones- in her area.  Although it was short, I feel redeemed since I bailed on yesterday's plan.

qotd:  I had a miserable, hot and humid 5 mile run along a road on a vacation in the Bahamas.  Thankfully it was one of the quieter islands during Easter weekend so everyone was in church.  Except me, I was hot, in the blazing sun, no water and doing my fair share of walking to meet up with DH at the agreed upon place.

some call me Tim

5 on the road today.. missed my run yesterday so it was nice to at least get out!

qotd: Nah. I've had a few where I wasn't completely clear on how things went south, but that's about it.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

just got back from lifting; going to do an overnight snowshoe trip this weekend, getting my gear ready to go

qotd: don't know if I regret any; if my heel stress fracture last spring was from running on concrete- then yes, I would regret those runs

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Easy 5.8 mile recovery run.

QOTD: I have a month or more of runs and races I regret that resulted in my first serious running injury. I developed a sore ankle after running 32 individual miles (avg 5:42) on a cinder track during a 24-hour relay. I tried to train through the pain even though it was getting worse. I have never regained the level of fitness I had at that time (back in 1972).

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                    05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.