Trailer Trash

Make it Monday (Read 19 times)

LB2

Extending the normal morning run to 3.5 miles for the month of June. I may go to 4 in July. It was around 60 degrees this morning, and I don't recall seeing or hearing any horseflies. I did spray with Cutter, which works well, but I can normally see them buzzing around close.

QOTD: I got nothing today...

LB2

AT-runner

Tim

Happy Monday.

Played 2 rounds of golf this weekend with 7 guys (and won $70 which was nice). Walked the course both days with caddies acting as our sherpas.  Was able to run after golf on Saturday and got up early yesterday and ran the around the course before the first group got on course. It was a very hilly course (Kinloch, in Richmondd, VA) so fun to run since all the hills were steep and short. Very little traffic on I-95 either day, so looks like people aren't vacationing yet.

Might take a SRD today and end my streak at 31 days. Weather is nice, so that could change this evening when I get home.

QOTD: May mileage?  I was at 277.9 which is most I've run since May 2017. This GVRAT has me out more but I'm lagging way behind Gator, Sandy and Jamie.  Jamie I don't know if  could have found the time to have added 90 more miles to keep up with you. Way to go!

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Getting ready to head out for my run now.   I'm double dipping now, posting my miles to two virtual runs, GVRAT and T3 (Tip To Tip - The Great Florida Traverse).

qotd:  200.2 miles for May which I reached on May 30th, so took a much overdue rest day on the 31st.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K, 9:11:09
              06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

took Tiny Elvis out for 5 yesterday, we went relatively early as it was hot the day before (20 degrees above normal hot); it was 78 degrees at 9:00 AM   I almost turned around (TE hates the heat maybe even more than me), but said screw it. About 5 minutes in clouds rolled in and a good breeze picked up- it dropped at least ten degrees. Glad we stuck it out Smile

probably 4-5 miles after work

also found out we didn’t get drawn for the mountain goat hunt; turns out it wasn’t a big secret- 1200 team applications received!!!!

qotd: 214, that’s definitely near record mileage for me, of course 100 miles of it were from the Bob Open

2024 goal 2024 miles

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Will get out for 7 today..think I’ll drive up the road and do the logging roads in the woods.

:qotd  The GRVT says 118 and RA shows 131   There are a few days on GRVT that I keep updating and they don’t stick.  These miles include walking which I never include in my running.  Not bad for an injured month...but now time to step it up.  Going to try for 200 this month.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Morning all!  I'm supposed to have a dentist appoint today so I took the morning off.  But, I realized over the weekend that the office never called or emailed with reminders like they usually to, so I'm not sure it's happening.  I'll call when they open.  Happy to have a lazy morning regardless.  Gray day here so far, which is pretty normal this time of year.  Supposed to warm up a lot later this week.  I'm taking it easy this week, just walking.  No point in rushing back from my LR on Saturday with nothing on the calendar until November.

QOTD: 256 miles.  I think that's the most I've ever run in a month.

6/9/24 Cinderella Trail Run 50k, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

LB2

QOTD: May mileage was 107. I think it should end up higher in June.

LB2

XtremeTaper

Yesterday we went out to French Creek for a run. Still packed out there at the trail heads but I found a prime spot at a little lot down the hill by Hopewell National Furnace.  The lot at National Park and the visitor center is still closed. So people park by the gates. Anyways, ran a shorter version of my old Sunday loop. This is the most difficult route out there to run, not only in terms of hills but rocky surfaces. It felt super hard yesterday, but was worth it as there is a section about 3.5 miles in that I call the tunnel of mountain laurel and I was treated to some bright white blooms. Baker had a good time and made a lot of new friends out there. He has turned into a great trail dawg.

Chilly this morning for the morning dog wog. Mid to upper 40's. A few cooler days before the heat/humidity comes back. Need to do my weight routine and of course take Baker out to the trails tonight after work.

QOTD: 194 running, 74 walking.

Gatsby - Well done on the solo 50+ this weekend!

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

You mean your next event is August.  And wow running 50 miles alone...pretty impressive.  You listen to anything or just your own thoughts 

No point in rushing back from my LR on Saturday with nothing on the calendar until November.

QOTD: 256 miles.  I think that's the most I've ever run in a month.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Gator eye

AT- how did u run after golf? I always get attacked by a six pack or two during a golf outing. 
                      I hang with a bad crew. Lol

Gats- 50 solo, that’s hardcore. I have a hard time gettin over 25 solo

QOTD: 317. Don’t be to impressed, my left calf is feelin it and I took the weekend off in a attempt to not strain my calf muscle. I ran 10 this am and it didn’t feel to bad but it’s fairly tight afterwards.

Sandy-2

Been looking at the weather report for the week and I may need to sneak in a few miles this afternoon.  That way I have a buffer to work around the t-storms later this week.  We'll see.

Gatsby - I forgot to mention, nice job on the 50+ miler this weekend. I imagine that doing loops from the house must be really tough, it's way too tempting to just bag-it.

qotd: 332 miles.  It might be tough repeating that with the temps going up.

tbd.

AT-runner

Tim

AT- how did u run after golf? I always get attacked by a six pack or two during a golf outing. 
                          I hang with a bad crew. Lol

I don't usually drink on the course, but after my run, my brother and I went so deep, that I think my early Sunday run was still under the influence. 

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Rest day...maybe tomorrow too.  No serious pains or injuries but my body just needs to recover.  I will walk tonight and tomorrow to at least put something on the board for GVRAT.

moon - from your description in the weekender, I love your kayaking/running adventures.  Sounds amazing.  I saw many kayakers and tubers out over the weekend on the creek just down the road from us.  I am very close to pulling the trigger on a kayak - most likely an inflatable one.

QOTD: 312 running miles and 65 walking miles.  By far my highest running month (by 100 miles ).  I will be cutting back in June.  My goal is to hit the turnaround of the RAT by 6/22 or so and then start back but at a more reasonable pace.  Speaking of pace, mine has really taken a dip due to the higher mileage.  With the right recovery, I am assuming it should come back.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

moonlightrunner

Not running today. After work I took The Walker Brigade to a couple of green houses. I need to do some yard work tonight. Right now I am waiting for Trump's remarks...not sure the world won't explode right after.

Jamie: I an thinking of adding an inflatable paddle board to my toy box. I could not fit a hard board in my van with my kayak. There are mornings where a SUP would be nice, but quite often the wind makes it a bit difficult. You will enjoy a kayak for sure.

Nice miles, everyone. I don't keep track, but  at least I know I have some running miles in May.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

You mean your next event is August.  And wow running 50 miles alone...pretty impressive.  You listen to anything or just your own thoughts 

Right!  (As long as my hotel reservation isn't canceled.)

No, I never listen to anything while running.  Except for the voices in my head.  

Nice job on the big mileage last month, folks!

MTA: And no dentist appointment for me today.  Postponed, darn the luck.  

6/9/24 Cinderella Trail Run 50k, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR